US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

The guy is in treatment for blood cancer.  I'd be surprised if they voted Scalise in, but who knows what Washington will do these days.  🤷‍♂️

I think Scalise has a better chance than Jordan at least. It's really going to be about who the democrats would prefer as the republican vote is pretty much guaranteed to be split.

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I think Scalise has a better chance than Jordan at least. It's really going to be about who the democrats would prefer as the republican vote is pretty much guaranteed to be split.

Block both and advise that neither candidate is acceptable.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Also a possibility since republican votes are likely to be split. lol

Edit: Although, I think it might be better for the democrats to let an idiot in as all this drama's only going to help the democrats next election. Democrats blocking both could hamper that a bit.

Edited by The Lock

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Only thing it says is that they hate Pelosi almost as much as the left hates Trump.

I can’t stand Trump.. but wouldn’t vote for someone so pathetic to stoop so low.  As cliche as Obama sounded, go hi when they go low.. that’s what I want for a leader.  Sadly that’s where politics is headed. It’s gotten all too personal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That's always a possibility.  After enough rounds of unsuccessful votes, new candidates would eventually pop up.

Boebert is definitely good with her hands.  She could point that out to her colleagues if they start looking for another option.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

That's always a possibility.  After enough rounds of unsuccessful votes, new candidates would eventually pop up.

Boebert is definitely good with her hands.  She could point that out to her colleagues if they start looking for another option.

She's too old for Gaetz though.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rook said:

I can’t stand Trump.. but wouldn’t vote for someone so pathetic to stoop so low.  As cliche as Obama sounded, go hi when they go low.. that’s what I want for a leader.  Sadly that’s where politics is headed. It’s gotten all too personal. 

Former members of Congress have said that Capitol Hill is like a giant high school.  Everyone sleeps with everyone, and you have the "cool kids" above all of the other cliques.

• Like 1

She's too old for Gaetz though.

McCarthy's allies have already started moving on him.  Gaetz is going to regret what he did by calling for that vote.  The Republican party is the only thing keeping him from getting smothered by the FBI for trafficking and statutory rape.

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Former members of Congress have said that Capitol Hill is like a giant high school.  Everyone sleeps with everyone, and you have the "cool kids" above all of the other cliques.

Where’s the barf emojis. 🤮 

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Alot of guys in this thread didn't get their grade 9. 

I'm glad i stayed and got my grade 9 so i can think critically.

Jordan Peterson should be speaker of the house, nobody speaks as good and he's got his grade 9 for sure. 

Also, do you mean Jim Jordan or Jordan Peterson? 

7 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Also, do you mean Jim Jordan or Jordan Peterson? 

Based on his posting history, I think he does indeed mean Jordan Peterson, who isn't even a citizen of the United States.

This brings up an interesting question: What happens if both the POTUS and the VP pass and the Speaker is not constitutionally permitted to hold the Presidency?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

I'm assuming otherwise since we're in the American thread and they're the ones who have an opening.  It's a ridiculous suggestion regardless.

And I guess we filled out vacancy yesterday.  Too bad JP

3 hours ago, Canuckle said:

You missed what's being said.

Ideological the parties aren't that different.  Sure they may differ on social issues here and there, abortion, gay rights, etc. etc. but fundamentally, structurally, they aren't that different. They far more similar where it counts most.

They are both pro slavery, pro private property, pro war, support and protect the system that keeps the game of monopoly chugging along.

Like I said, the parties are the right and left hands of the capitalist class. Neither challenge the economic power base of society.

And we don't get to vote on those things.

i7j5d7hwi9u51.thumb.jpg.b8d207a19be71ecd817b970a81ccc41e.jpg

And I also think you missed the part where I stated the re-emegence of white supremacy, fascism, etc. is meant to be deflection and distraction. Ie.  Now we have to spend time and energy on thwarting the proselytization of hatred rather than real class emancipation-- Spend time punching false conscious proles rather than punching Porky above.

sb199yilgc161.jpg.451038a37a7345770833e3eb1a1cc1c9.jpg

And that's the whole point. That's why these fuckers are funneling money to these extremist groups in the first place.

Secondly, it's kinda funny you post memes depicting antifa and anarchists in them. I'm not some centrist saying this stuff here.

I'm an anarchist.

Also yes, horseshit theory is just that. Horseshit.

I can assure you I did not miss anything, I am fully aware of what you're talking about. I used to think this way also, but then I stoped because it actually does nothing except make the fascists stronger. 

3 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Alot of guys in this thread didn't get their grade 9. 

I'm glad i stayed and got my grade 9 so i can think critically.

Jordan Peterson should be speaker of the house, nobody speaks as good and he's got his grade 9 for sure. 

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Imagine what you'd know if you'd made it to grade 10!

BeardedBeatsTV on X: "#RuinAnOldSaying #rickyisms @trailerparkboys #TPB "It  doesn't take Rocket Appliances to get your grade 10" - Ricky  https://t.co/R01w5crxeD" / X

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

I can assure you I did not miss anything, I am fully aware of what you're talking about. I used to think this way also, but then I stoped because it actually does nothing except make the fascists stronger. 

Im sorry, no. Prying open the proverbial Overton window, expanding the conversation (which you seem so opposed to do) does not "make the fascists stronger."

And no, illuminating the fact that the war between so called "left and right" is mostly a false dichotomy and in reality just a war between TOP AND BOTTOM, RICH AND POOR does not make the fascists stronger.

Education is a good thing. It should liberate you, expand your sociological imagination, and hopefully inspire you to enact some level of prefigurative politics outside of the state system.

But if you're opposed to all that, I might question who's really making the fascists stronger in here, my friend.