US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I'm sure RFK Jr will just shrug this off, but this has to sting, coming from his own family:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4603017-kennedy-family-endorses-biden-rfk-jr-rebuke/

More than a dozen members of the Kennedy family endorsed President Biden for reelection on Thursday, rebuking the candidacy of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., whose independent bid critics argue will help elect former President Trump.

Kerry Kennedy, the younger sister of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., addressed a group of Biden supporters in Philadelphia, joined on stage by the president and other members of her family.

“In 2024, there are only two candidates with any chance of winning the presidency,” she said, referencing Biden and Trump and implicitly dismissing her brother’s White House chances.

“We want to make crystal clear our feeling that the best way forward for America is to reelect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to four more years,” she added, flanked by a sign that read “We’re on Board.”

Buncha freedom hating, mask wearing, vaccine taking pinkos, if you ask me....:classic_dry:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You can't make this stuff up.....

The so-called Freedom Caucus has assembled a team to "guard the House floor", to make sure no initiatives that they don't like slip through. They have dubbed the team a "Floor Action Response Team".....

I'll leave it to you to work out the acronym.....:picard:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/silent-but-deadly-far-right-caucus-mocked-over-new-group-with-unfortunate-acronym/ar-AA1nfRbS?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0314a00a4ff1465abdd0a284468f6ca3&ei=41

Reminds me of my days at the South Harman Institute of Technology 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Reminds me of my days at the South Harman Institute of Technology 

Is that where you take the course for the Campbell River Auxilliary Police?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Yes, near the Central University of Northern Terrace 

They don't call it that any more. Too many complaints....

Now it's the Terrace Women's Academy of Technology.....their sports teams are called the Waffles....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

@Cerridwen: You know I was thinking of you when I came up with that team name.....:classic_cool:

Oh how I laughed when I saw it! (I mighta scared the dog!)

It was a poifect choice.

10/10

Would DEFINITELY recommend!! 😂🎉

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

You can't make this stuff up.....

The so-called Freedom Caucus has assembled a team to "guard the House floor", to make sure no initiatives that they don't like slip through. They have dubbed the team a "Floor Action Response Team".....

I'll leave it to you to work out the acronym.....:picard:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/silent-but-deadly-far-right-caucus-mocked-over-new-group-with-unfortunate-acronym/ar-AA1nfRbS?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0314a00a4ff1465abdd0a284468f6ca3&ei=41

Now if they just renamed the security detail People Inside Secret Service…

9 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Files Amendment to Israel Aid Bill for Space Lasers — And It Just Gets Weirder From There

https://www.mediaite.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-files-amendment-to-israel-aid-bill-for-space-lasers-and-it-just-gets-weirder-from-there/

From the article:

Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL) reacted to Greene’s latest amendments by tweeting that he had “[j]ust submitted an amendment…appointing MTG as Putin’s Special Envoy to the United States Congress.”

• Thanks 1

What Sentencing Could Look Like if Trump Is Found Guilty

A review of thousands of cases in New York that charged the same felony suggests something striking: If Mr. Trump is found guilty, incarceration is an actual possibility. It’s not certain, of course, but it is plausible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/18/opinion/donald-trump-trial-prison.html?unlocked_article_code=1.lk0.w7Rh.D5uIg59XbTgU&smid=url-share

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/louisiana-gop-pushes-to-repeal-mandatory-lunch-breaks-for-child-workers/ar-AA1niN0z?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a7d9c8dfc487462290875db4b48867da&ei=47

"

Republicans in Louisiana are cracking down on the scourge of child laborers taking breaks for lunch.

The New Orleans Advocate reports that the Louisiana House Labor and Industrial Relations panel on Thursday voted to repeal a law that mandates employers give underage workers time to take lunch breaks, while also passing a bill to cut the amount of time in which laid off workers can collect unemployment aid.

-----------------------------------

mal

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

🤢

I haven't seen Tim Pool posted for ages.

I see he still has the toque on to cover up the bald spot. I'm surprised he doesn't have a skate board strategically placed behing him in his profile. Use to be his ' connect with young look'

His grapic there seems like a bit of a diversion from his occupy wall street origins. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

What ever happened to that?

Seemed to be just on the edge of accomplishing real change; then poof----- gone.

yeah. it got my attention.

As you know I chirp a lot about wealth hoarding etc..

• Vintage 1