US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

WTF.....:classic_blink:

Tell me it isn't a cult.....

Brief video of the guy on fire until the news anchors cut away and just describe the scene.

Not going to post the full video as it's very graphic but here's a news report.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Not going to post the video as it's very graphic but here's a news report.

I clicked on the Twitter link and it showed the video. Might be worth adding a warning

Edited by RupertKBD
  • chaos 1

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

over Trump 😕

I mean, maybe I shouldn't have assumed, but it happened in what they call the "Protest Area" and it happened right outside the courthouse where he's on trial.

It would be a pretty big coincidence if it wasn't.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I mean, maybe I shouldn't have assumed, but it happened in what they call the "Protest Area" and it happened right outside the courthouse where he's on trial.

The guy threw up a bunch of cards beforehand.  The cops gathered them all before the press could get to them.

My guess is he did it to bring attention to what's going on in the Middle East.  Though, who knows, he's obviously a crazy person who will sadly die horribly from the inevitable infection that will soon set in and take his life.

*edit/update*  Turns out he's neither hardcore MAGA nor a Middle East protester.  Just run of the mill crazy.  My 3rd option from above.

Edited by Sabrefan1

Alleged Manifesto of Man Who Set Himself on Fire Outside the Trump Trial Posted Online

https://www.mediaite.com/news/alleged-manifesto-of-man-who-set-himself-on-fire-outside-the-trump-trial-posted-online/

The fliers, one of which was found by Law360’s Rachel Scharf, read “The True History of the World” and contained a QR code that linked to a Substack account called “The Ponzi Papers.” Azzarello stated his name and occupation as an “investigative researcher.” An Instagram account belonging to Max Azzarello also included a link to the same Substack.

My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan.

This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery:

We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many of their allies) is about to hit us with an apocalyptic fascist world coup.

As it turns out, our elites are awash in Ponzi schemes. Stanford’s StartX.com investment fund and Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘Program for Evolutionary Dynamics’ he ran at Harvard are both fake-science Ponzi factories that these schools have invested billions in:

They are filled with fraudulent companies that use smoke and mirrors to promise miraculous new technology, but always collapse while the perpetrators only get richer. …

To better understand our form of government, I will point you to one of the most astonishing pieces of stand-alone evidence I’ve found: Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton’s 1988 DNC speech where he nominated Mike Dukakis for president against George H.W. Bush.

The speech is a vile, mean-spirited roast of Dukakis that makes no sense whatsoever: For Clinton to ruthlessly attack a member of his own party should have been political suicide, and he repeatedly mocks Dukakis’ noble and earnest qualities.

More in the link

• Confused 3
  • chaos 1

Kennedy’s ex-environmental colleagues sign letter urging him to drop White House bid

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4604949-kennedys-ex-colleagues-drop-bid/

“In nothing more than a vanity candidacy, RFK Jr. has chosen to play the role of election spoiler to the benefit of Donald Trump — the single worst environmental president our country has ever had,” they write in the letter.

A dozen environmental advocacy groups including the Sierra Club and Sunrise Movement published a separate open letter Friday calling Kennedy a “dangerous conspiracy theorist and a science denier” and “denouncing RFK Jr.’s false environmentalist claims.”

“We can’t, in good conscience, let him continue co-opting the credibility and successes of our movement for his own personal benefit,” the groups wrote, “calling on Americans to reject RFK Jr. and the toxic beliefs he promotes before it’s too late.”

• Cheers 1

On 4/18/2024 at 10:19 AM, nuckin_futz said:

With one letter, Trump turned the Republican Party into an extortion racket

I’d like to congratulate Donald Trump on the speed with which he’s turned the Republican Party into something resembling an extortion racket.

Aside from sinking his fangs into the Republican National Committee like a hungry bat on a plump Berkshire hog, the man spending his days in a Manhattan courtroom under criminal indictment is now looking to bleed cash out of down-ballot GOP campaigns.

In an April 15 letter, Trump’s campaign notified all Republican candidates that if they use the former president’s name, image or likeness on any campaign advertisements, they need to deliver at least 5% of the money they raise back to the aforementioned criminal defendant.

You know, a little kickback for the boss man. Just enough to get Trump’s beak wet. Because, as has been made abundantly clear, the GOP is Trump and Trump is the GOP.

The Republican Party is now nothing but a Donald Trump piggy bank

He’s got his daughter-in-law Lara Trump in place at the top of the RNC pecking order, and she didn’t hold back detailing the committee’s singular focus: “Every single penny will go to the No. 1 and the only job of the RNC – that is electing Donald J. Trump as president of the United States and saving this country.”

Sorry, other Republican candidates! Maybe you can find a different Republican National Committee to help you out. Oh, and in the meantime, if you mention the Republican at the top of the ticket, you need to ship some of the green you raise back upstream to the guy already vacuuming donor money up like a Statue-of-Liberty-size Dirt Devil.

If this sounds unbecoming of a presidential candidate who claims to be wildly successful and incredibly wealthy, wait until you see the tacky sneakers and weird Bibles he’s selling.

Biden is out-fundraising Trump, so more Bibles must be sold!

Adding to the cash thirst, the former president’s campaign is trailing President Joe Biden badly in the fundraising department.

A Financial Times analysis released this week found: “Donald Trump has raised $75 (million) less for his presidential bid than Joe Biden and has 270,000 fewer unique donors now than at the same stage of his run for the White House four years ago.”

He’d have to sell a moon-high stack of Bibles to catch up, so the grift must grow. And grow it has with this new “pony up some cash” push on fellow candidates.

Trump campaign's letter to other GOP candidates reads like a mob flick

As if actively trying to get Trump’s campaign cast in the next Martin Scorsese gangster film, the letter to down-ballot Republicans included this line: “Any split that is higher than 5% will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump’s campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”

Sure, 5% is nice. That’s fine. But, you know, maybe do 10%, maybe even 15%? That’s the kinda thing that gets you noticed, kid.

When you give your party to someone under criminal indictment, well ...

The letter also included this note to any campaigns that use Trump’s name, image or likeness and don’t play ball: “Any vendor whose clients ignore the guidelines mentioned above will be held responsible for their clients' actions. Repeated violations will result in the suspension of business relationships between the vendor and Trump National Committee JFC.”

Yeah, nice little campaign you got there. Shame if anything happened to it, you know?

This all sounds dodgy as the day is long, but regardless, here's what all the little Republican candidates not named Donald Trump are going to do. They're going to line up in their fancy Trump sneakers with their Trump Bibles tucked under their arms and drop an offering in the MAGA hat at the feet of the Donald.

Frankly, it’s what they deserve.

They gambled on this guy again.

And the house always wins.

L🤪L

Posters on this forum wised up a long time ago. That’s why there’s so many great nicknames for Trumplthinskin.

nobody calls Cheeto Satan by his actual name.

They’re not getting a dime from any of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:
Alleged Manifesto of Man Who Set Himself on Fire Outside the Trump Trial Posted Online

I got the crazy person part correct...

NSFW- Sings the word  F*cking several times.

Spoiler

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

My dishwasher is fixed....and the stock is down a small amount.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Actually the stock is up another 9.61% today. So I guess it wasn’t your dishwasher after all. Those lunatic MAGA supporters are going to drive the stock back up to $70…

IMG_1230.png

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Maybe another Palestine thing?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe another Palestine thing?

Judging by the manifesto that TAW posted, it sounds like the guy went way down the "New World Order" rabbit hole....

Not sure why he'd do the self-immolation outside Trump's trial, but I guess he got the notice he was looking for.:classic_unsure:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Actually the stock is up another 9.61% today. So I guess it wasn’t your dishwasher after all. Those lunatic MAGA supporters are going to drive the stock back up to $70…

IMG_1230.png

Interesting....the quotes I saw said it was down.  Thx for the correction.

$36.38

+3.19 (+9.61%)

Closed at Apr 19, 2024 4:00 PM ET

DJT After-Hours Quotes Live

Consolidated Last Trade$36 +2.81 (+8.47%)

After-Hours Volume77,178

After-Hours High$36.39 (04:00:19 PM)

After-Hours Low$31.1613 (04:07:00 PM

Dishwasher didn't need a new motor so he only charged me $75 (cash of course)  A couple things were plugged in the arms that spin so he removed them and cleaned them.

• Cheers 1