US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Interesting....the quotes I saw said it was down.  Thx for the correction.

$36.38

+3.19 (+9.61%)

Closed at Apr 19, 2024 4:00 PM ET

DJT After-Hours Quotes Live

Consolidated Last Trade$36 +2.81 (+8.47%)

After-Hours Volume77,178

After-Hours High$36.39 (04:00:19 PM)

After-Hours Low$31.1613 (04:07:00 PM

Dishwasher didn't need a new motor so he only charged me $75 (cash of course)  A couple things were plugged in the arms that spin so he removed them and cleaned them.

$75 for a visit?  Business must be slow in your neck of the woods. In Vancouver a plumber won’t even show up unless it’s a $200 minimum. 

24 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Judging by the manifesto that TAW posted, it sounds like the guy went way down the "New World Order" rabbit hole....

Not sure why he'd do the self-immolation outside Trump's trial, but I guess he got the notice he was looking for.:classic_unsure:

thats some sad shit, but people really do believe that stuff. I can imagine there was some instant regret there, for a moment anyway. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

$75 for a visit?  Business must be slow in your neck of the woods. In Vancouver a plumber won’t even show up unless it’s a $200 minimum. 

He likes me.   It's how things work in a small community.  And no.....he is busy as hell.  Actually has too much work.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

thats some sad shit, but people really do believe that stuff. I can imagine there was some instant regret there, for a moment anyway. 

There would have to be, right?

Ironically, he complains about people getting sucked into conspiracy theories......obviously he has issues.

I think Sabre is probably right. Even though he's still alive, infection will almost certainly kill him.

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Ironically, he complains about people getting sucked into conspiracy theories......obviously he has issues.

I think Sabre is probably right. Even though he's still alive, infection will almost certainly kill him.

oh man, missed that he survived. I wouldn't wish a burn unit stay on anyone. 

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He likes me.   It's how things work in a small community.  And no.....he is busy as hell.  Actually has too much work.

My Dad retired 5 years back, after an almost life taking motorcycle accident; and still gets calls from people, to come and fix their appliances.

Decent trade to get in, but has become very computer/tech orientated.

Lot's more, 5 cent chip problems and less 'your motor is shot'

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Hopefully

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The reason why there is so much corruption in government is because they know that people like you will believe whatever the tv tells them. It’s quite sad actually.  

I wouldn’t have made it as far and be as successful as I am if I didn’t have the ability to see through the BS.  Great response though, just oozing that irony I was referring to. 😂 🤦‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The reason why there is so much corruption in government is because they know that people like you will believe whatever the tv tells them. It’s quite sad actually.  

I gave you a huggy bear because I'm sorry to hear you are sad.   I can tell you were kinda mad too or you probably would have thought of a better reason for corruption in government.  

• Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, Rook said:

I wouldn’t have made it as far and be as successful as I am if I didn’t have the ability to see through the BS.  Great response though, just oozing that irony I was referring to. 😂 🤦‍♂️ 

So you believe that Trump was sleeping in court even though you never saw a picture of it?  If it was true then the sketch artist could have easily drawn it out. If Maggie Habberman said that Trump took a big dump on the judges desk would you believe that too?  

Well maybe you would. Bad example. ☺️

• Confused 1
  • Desmenko 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So you believe that Trump was sleeping in court even though you never saw a picture of it?  If it was true then the sketch artist could have easily drawn it out. If Maggie Habberman said that Trump took a big dump on the judges desk would you believe that too?  

Well maybe you would. Bad example. ☺️

Sleepy instances one and two that Haberman reported on have been corroborated by other sources.  This one has not been so far so I guess only fools will believe.

No one has taken a dump on the judges desk as far as I know, at least not yet.   If it happens, the sketch artist might capture it but I suppose it will depend who they are working for.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Sleepy instances one and two that Haberman reported on have been corroborated by other sources.  This one has not been so far so I guess only fools will believe.

No one has taken a dump on the judges desk as far as I know, at least not yet.   If it happens, the sketch artist might capture it but I suppose it will depend who they are working for.

I am sure if Trump took a big dump in the courtroom it would be sketched out in full. Complete with sound bites too. ☺️