US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

NEW POLL: Trump Holds Massive Lead Over Biden On Who’s More ‘Competent and Effective’ — But RFK Pulls in 13% and Flips the Race to Biden

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/new-poll-trump-holds-massive-lead-over-biden-on-whos-more-competent-and-effective-but-rfk-pulls-in-13-and-flips-the-race-to-biden/

this would be pretty funny if true. An anti-vaxxer "stealing" the election from Trump is pretty sweet justice to screw over the GOP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Speaking of Trump and God....Dolt 45 had a rally scheduled in North Carolina today, but was forced to cancel, because of an approaching storm....

....but according to Trump fans, Hair Gropenfuhrer is God's chosen candidate....you would think the big guy would have done his boy a solid....:classic_unsure:

Why didn't he move the storm with his Sharpie?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

GOP lawmaker has strong words for other Republicans as infighting revs up

Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas, called some of his fellow lawmakers “scumbags” on Sunday as GOP infighting has reached new heights in the House.

Gonzales, appearing on CNN’s "State of the Union," was asked whether he believes House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., will survive an effort to remove him from his leadership post. The House was effectively frozen for weeks last year after a handful of Republican rebels voted alongside Democrats to remove then-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., has threatened to try to do the same to Johnson.

Gonzales had some sharp words to say about his colleagues: most notably, Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.

"It's my absolute honor to be in Congress, but I serve with some real scumbags," Gonzales said, alleging that Matt Gaetz sexually assaulted minors "at drug parties."

In 2021, the Justice Department opened an investigation into Gaetz over alleged cash payments made in exchange for sex, including to an underage girl.

The department in 2023 dropped charges against Gaetz after prosecutors said there were credibility issues with two key witnesses. He is still under investigation by the House Ethics Committee.

Gaetz responded to Gonzales’ Sunday comments in a post on X, accusing him of lying and calling on voters to support his GOP opponent. Gaetz has repeatedly denied the allegations.

The Texas lawmaker also criticized Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., for supporting his Republican opponent, Brandon Herrera, a gun rights activist. Gonzales alleged that Herrera is a "known neo-Nazi" and referred to the Ku Klux Klan.

It was not immediately clear what Gonzales was referencing. Jewish insider reported earlier this month that Herrera has posted videos online featuring Nazi imagery. His campaign did not respond to a request for comment from Jewish Insider.

Herrera rejected Gonzales' comments on Sunday, sharing in a post on X: "He has to cry to his liberal friends about me, because Republicans won’t listen anymore."

The Republican Party of Texas voted to censure Gonzales last year over his positions on a range of issues, including supporting some gun safety laws following the Uvalde school shooting.

Gonzales on Sunday said more centrist members of Congress are "tired" and "exhausted."

"For some reason, these fringe people think as if they have the high ground. They do not, I assure you," he said, adding "The way you take care of a bully is you bloody their nose."

[insertpopcorngif]

• Like 1

I'm sure some of you saw this on Twitter last week.  Here's the video Benny Johnson put out on his expose of Oakland and the break-in of his rental vehicle while he was 20 feet away and a crew member was still inside.

I don't know much about him.  I've only known he existed for the last month and a half or so when I stumbled upon a Gaza video of his.  He has a right leaning show on YouTube.

You may think Trump has problems but they are nothing compared to Cannibalgate.

Papua New Guinea leader takes offense after Biden implies his uncle was eaten by cannibals

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Papua New Guinea’s Prime Minister James Marape accused Joe Biden of disparaging the South Pacific island nation by implying that an uncle of the U.S. president had been eaten by “cannibals” there during World War II.

Biden’s comments offended a key strategic ally as China moves to increase its influence in the region.

The president spoke at a Pennsylvania war memorial last week about his Army Air Corps aviator uncle Second Lt. Ambrose J. Finnegan Jr., whom he said was shot down over Papua New Guinea, which was a theater of heavy fighting.

“They never found the body because there used to be — there were a lot of cannibals for real in that part of New Guinea,” Biden said, referring to the country’s main island.

Marape said in a statement on Sunday that Biden “appeared to imply his uncle was eaten by cannibals.”

https://apnews.com/article/papua-new-guinea-biden-ambrose-finnegan-marape-cannibals-9479088c4262fe6879258e5ad135238f

18 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You may think Trump has problems but they are nothing compared to Cannibalgate.

Papua New Guinea leader takes offense after Biden implies his uncle was eaten by cannibals

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Papua New Guinea’s Prime Minister James Marape accused Joe Biden of disparaging the South Pacific island nation by implying that an uncle of the U.S. president had been eaten by “cannibals” there during World War II.

Biden’s comments offended a key strategic ally as China moves to increase its influence in the region.

The president spoke at a Pennsylvania war memorial last week about his Army Air Corps aviator uncle Second Lt. Ambrose J. Finnegan Jr., whom he said was shot down over Papua New Guinea, which was a theater of heavy fighting.

“They never found the body because there used to be — there were a lot of cannibals for real in that part of New Guinea,” Biden said, referring to the country’s main island.

Marape said in a statement on Sunday that Biden “appeared to imply his uncle was eaten by cannibals.”

https://apnews.com/article/papua-new-guinea-biden-ambrose-finnegan-marape-cannibals-9479088c4262fe6879258e5ad135238f

this is the kind of thing that might lose Biden the election. Cannibals :picard:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

this is the kind of thing that might lose Biden the election. Cannibals :picard:

They only banned it there a decade or so ago. A friend of mine was there in the mid/late 90's. There was still some cannibalism, but not as rampant as it had been in the years past. So, 60 years before his visit there def. were some human meals.

Remember, Stewart or "Stew" originated in that same country...

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/papua-new-guinea/articles/meet-the-korowai-tribe-of-papua-new-guinea

18 minutes ago, old guy said:

They only banned it there a decade or so ago. A friend of mine was there in the mid/late 90's. There was still some cannibalism, but not as rampant as it had been in the years past. So, 60 years before his visit there def. were some human meals.

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/papua-new-guinea/articles/meet-the-korowai-tribe-of-papua-new-guinea

sure but Biden has to know how this sounds, its got senile old dude written all over it "back when my uncle got eaten by cannibals ..." good lord. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

sure but Biden has to know how this sounds, its got senile old dude written all over it "back when my uncle got eaten by cannibals ..." good lord. 

And the sad thing is, this will resonate with voters.

Meanwhile Trump's speech about the Continental Army "taking over the airports" in the early 1800's, will not....:classic_rolleyes:

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

And the sad thing is, this will resonate with voters.

Meanwhile Trump's speech about the Continental Army "taking over the airports" in the early 1800's, will not....:classic_rolleyes:

I don't know why. I can't explain it. But yep, Trump gets a pass from the US voting public on the same or worse comments. 

maybe @Sabrefan1 can explain it. 

1 hour ago, old guy said:

Some, doesn’t mean none. 

Biden’s uncle was possibly an Hors d'oeuvre. 

Carrying on. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Some, doesn’t mean none. 

Carrying on. 

sounds like family story that evolved from being MIA to being MEAL. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

https://stocks.apple.com/AQl3DzZF5TlS3KyJz22gAug

Donald Trump set to receive $1.25 billion worth of Trump Media stock in DJT earnout bonus

Former President Donald Trump is poised to receive up to 36 million additional shares of Trump Media after trading closes Tuesday.

The shares would be worth more than $1.25 billion at current prices.

Trump Media, which owns the Truth Social app, set aside these so-called earnout shares for him if the company's stock met a minimum share price benchmark.

Trump, who is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, was in New York for opening statements in his criminal hush money trial.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Some, doesn’t mean none. 

Carrying on. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

sounds like family story that evolved from being MIA to being MEAL. 

image.jpeg.26cfbc1f6615fe476c44818c29af6388.jpeg

• Haha 3