US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I thought the same until I read that just his bonus alone is over 30 million shares.  If he dumps 100 Million shares at the average price of a one dollar, that's still a 9 figure windfall.

This being the meme stock that it is, I'm guessing that it will be 10 bucks a share at the lowest when Trump decides to start dumping them.  Legally he can start dumping them in October.

Yeah, he'll probably make bank....just not enough to get back on the Forbes list....

....hopefully, he'll get to spend some of that windfall in the prison refectory....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:classic_laugh: Talk about clickbait....I just saw a headline that said "Joe Biden gives two word response to question about Lauren Boebert".....

So, of course I clicked on the story, thinking, "He did not say 'Hand job' to a reporter, did he?" :classic_unsure:

Fortunately, (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) the response was much more innocuous:

“Just a few weeks after you were in Pueblo, Colorado, Congresswoman Boebert left her district. Is that a coincidence or Dark Brandon at work?” a reporter from media outlet, MeidasTouch, asked Mr Biden last week.

That’s classified,” he quipped in response.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/joe-biden-taunts-lauren-boebert-with-two-word-response/ar-AA1nw7Ni?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=9cb40b5392804771828f57ba5a0618f3&ei=7

Seems like the best place for this post:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russian-hackers-hack-texas-panhandle-drinking-water-and-flood-town/ss-AA1nvili?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=2cd39fdaddda43898a79bc2dd1c35350&ei=62#image=2

"Russian hackers claiming to be backed by the Kremlin are believed to have remotely accessed a Texas town's water tower. The suspected hack in the Texas Panhandle town in January would be the first-ever disruption of a US drinking water system by Russia , after Iran and China carried out similar attacks. The hack in Muleshoe, a community of 5,000 not far from the New Mexico border, led to the tower overflowing with thousands of gallons for almost an hour, leading to a state of emergency to be declared.

--------------------------

much more at link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Twitter, Trump may be going to jail tomorrow.  His gag order hearing is tomorrow...

Wouldn't it mean his "Secret Service agents" group that's assigned to him would also have to be in jail as well?  I don't know, hence my question.  Sounds like logistically a nightmare to work around.  I know your post was in jest just wondering about that outcome.

edit:  if it was "joe average" doing what Dotard did, they would probably be in jail (imho) already

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russian-hackers-hack-texas-panhandle-drinking-water-and-flood-town/ss-AA1nvili?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=2cd39fdaddda43898a79bc2dd1c35350&ei=62#image=2

"Russian hackers claiming to be backed by the Kremlin are believed to have remotely accessed a Texas town's water tower. The suspected hack in the Texas Panhandle town in January would be the first-ever disruption of a US drinking water system by Russia , after Iran and China carried out similar attacks. The hack in Muleshoe, a community of 5,000 not far from the New Mexico border, led to the tower overflowing with thousands of gallons for almost an hour, leading to a state of emergency to be declared.

much more at link.

I hope this is true. I hope Pooty really did this and the proof is irrefutable.

Maybe it will wake up some of the maga morons.

But MTG will probably claim it's actually Ukraine.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Goes ALL CAPS Rage at Judge Moments After Lawyer Got Clobbered: ‘TAKEN AWAY MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-goes-all-caps-rage-at-judge-moments-after-lawyer-got-clobbered-taken-away-my-constitutional-right/

Take Drumpf to the nearest military base, with a lock up, and put him in it, until he learns to behave.

Secret service can stand guard, out side his solo cell.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

much more at link.

Gotta say....I didn't think the Russian invasion of the US would happen at Muleshoe, Texas....:classic_unsure:

I always envisioned them infiltrating government and destroying the country from within before annexing.....kind of like they're doing right now with Trump and the MAGAts....

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I hope this is true. I hope Pooty really did this and the proof is irrefutable.

Maybe it will wake up some of the maga morons.

But MTG will probably claim it's actually Ukraine.

My money is on "Open Borders"....

Even money on Bet365.....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

58 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Judge in Trump's classified docs case unseals trove of info related to Mar-a-Lago raid

https://www.rawstory.com/mar-a-lago-raid-2667857478/

Speaking of the Classified Documents case, there are a bunch of stories making the rounds today about Walt Nauta (Trump's Mara-Lardo valet) being promised a pardon when and if Trump is re-elected.

Only one reason I can think of that Wally would need a pardon.....

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Wouldn't it mean his "Secret Service agents" group that's assigned to him would also have to be in jail as well?  I don't know, hence my question.  Sounds like logistically a nightmare to work around.  I know your post was in jest just wondering about that outcome.

edit:  if it was "joe average" doing what Dotard did, they would probably be in jail (imho) already

Could Trump Go to Prison? If He Does, the Secret Service Goes, Too

Officials have had preliminary discussions about how to protect the former president in the unlikely event that he is jailed for contempt during the trial.

Even before the trial’s opening statements, the Secret Service was in some measure planning for the extraordinary possibility of a former president behind bars.

Prosecutors had asked the judge in the case to remind Mr. Trump that attacks on witnesses and jurors could land him in jail even before a verdict is rendered.

Last week, as a result of the prosecution’s request, officials with federal, state and city agencies had an impromptu meeting about how to handle the situation, according to two people with knowledge of the matter.

Protecting Mr. Trump in a prison environment would involve keeping him separate from other inmates, as well as screening his food and other personal items, officials said. If he were to be imprisoned, a detail of agents would work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, rotating in and out of the facility, several officials said. While firearms are obviously strictly prohibited in prisons, the agents would nonetheless be armed.

Former corrections officials said there were several New York state prisons and city jails that have been closed or partly closed, leaving wings or large sections of their facilities empty and available. One of those buildings could serve to incarcerate the former president and accommodate his Secret Service protective detail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/23/nyregion/trump-trial-hush-money-prison.html

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Attention seeking at her age is just sad. 

Wow....:classic_blink:

If we were in Britain, I'd feel comfortable calling this sow what she is, but since we're not....it rhymes with "stunt"......

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Attention seeking at her age is just sad. 

If I were Biden- I'd be getting the floor plans of that place, and seeing if:

a- a shore store was even there, back then

b- if it was the store named

c- if that spot was a dressing room

d- if my lawyers think it is worth the trouble of suing that bitch into poverty.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Bob Long said:

sure but Biden has to know how this sounds, its got senile old dude written all over it "back when my uncle got eaten by cannibals ..." good lord. 

True, but the odd misstep in statements of logic and reason stand out much brighter than do the occasional rational thought in a deluge mistruths, gobbledygook, and random ramblings. Biden gets picked on as losing it, and Trump skates by without notice because he’s never had it. He inundates you with so much BS that it's impossible to pick a single point out as he serves up such a massive in your face platter. It's so much easier just to look at the atypical misspoken statement.🤓

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, old guy said:

True, but the odd misstep in statements of logic and reason stand out much brighter than do the occasional rational thought in a deluge mistruths, gobbledygook, and random ramblings. Biden gets picked on as losing it, and Trump skates by without notice because he’s never had it. He inundates you with so much BS that it's impossible to pick a single point out as he serves up such a massive in your face platter. It's so much easier just to look at the atypical misspoken statement.🤓

I go by my old reply....who would you rather have in charge?  A drunk who is generally quite pleasant or a drunk who is a mean spirited rapist?

Ideally you want neither but one is clearly (imho) far worse than the other 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I go by old reply....who would you rather have in charge?  A drunk who is generally quite pleasant or a drunk who is a mean spirited rapist?

We kind of experienced this with Chretien up here being fluent in neither official language.  He was still the best PM we've had during my lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Wow....:classic_blink:

If we were in Britain, I'd feel comfortable calling this sow what she is, but since we're not....it rhymes with "stunt"......

I think it rhymes with ‘flex’, as in Roseanne is a Cuntasaurus Rex. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, old guy said:

Good point, trump can't shut his stupid mouth,so it seems more normal 

• Upvote 1