US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

44 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

This is going to keep the MAGA and Republican base fired up to go to the polls in November...

Would have been interesting had Trump arrived there during the raid and insisted on going in and disrupting it.  Both the Secret Service and the FBI could have ended up calling in more agents for a good old fashioned faceoff.

FBI Was Prepared to Use 'Deadly Force' at Mar-a-Lago Raid

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-fbi-classified-documents-deadly-force-1903247

Wouldnt the FBI be prepared to use deadly force everytime they are on duty?

I'm just a Correctional Officer and our 'Use of Force wheel' goes all the way to lethal. Its based on a progressive escalation/de-escalation vs response from the idividual. Basically, you're going to comply, you have no choice. Use of force (even lethal) is what we allow, in the right circumstances, those that enforce the law to apply. Obviously.

I would assume those in high level law enforcement would always be prepared to 'shoot to kill' if needed.

Like the show of force at PDIddy's house. All the big toys and armour there, ready to be used. They were there to get what they wanted and were prepared to use what ever they needed to aquire it. 

Maybe it will keep the MAGA folk riled. But, then again those people are a few cards short of a full deck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm just a Correctional Officer and our 'Use of Force wheel' goes all the way to lethal. Its based on a progressive escalation/de-escalation vs response from the idividual. Basically, you're going to comply, you have no choice. Use of force (even lethal) is what we allow, in the right circumstances, those that enforce the law to apply. Obviously.

That part confuses me too.  I wonder if that was just a boiler plate inclusion to warrant or if Garland was clearing the deck to allow the FBI to take on the Secret Service if Trump were to come back to Mar-A-Lago.

I've never been raided by law enforcement so I have no experience as to what's normally written on those documents.

I would assume those in high level law enforcement would always be prepared to 'shoot to kill' if needed.

Like the show of force at PDIddy's house. All the big toys and armour there, ready to be used. They were there to get what they wanted and were prepared to use what ever they needed to aquire it. 

Yeah, but to me, the inclusion of that language on a raid of a clubhouse golf course for rich people is weird.  Unless of course, it's just a boiler plate addition on those kind of documents.  Then, it makes perfect sense that it's there.

Maybe it will keep the MAGA folk riled. But, then again those people are a few cards short of a full deck.

😂🤣

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

‘Just’ a Corrections Officer??

My good sir, you are part of a noble and a highly valued and respected public servant profession. 

Never say ‘just’. 

Much respect! 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That part confuses me too.  I wonder if that was just a boiler plate inclusion to warrant or if Garland was clearing the deck to allow the FBI to take on the Secret Service if Trump were to come back to Mar-A-Lago.

I've never been raided by law enforcement so I have no experience as to what's normally written on those documents.

Yeah, but to me, the inclusion of that language on a raid of a clubhouse golf course for rich people is weird.  Unless of course, it's just a boiler plate addition on those kind of documents.  Then, it makes perfect sense that it's there.

😂🤣

I just figured, if the FBI is coming because they think you have important classified docs, anyone that would get in the way of that could be seen as a threat to national security. So of course they should be ready to use deadly force if needed. 

20 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

My good sir, you are part of a noble and a highly valued and respected public servant profession. 

Never say ‘just’. 

Much respect! 

Thanks my man. That means a lot. 

39 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Never say ‘just’. 

Much respect! 

Damn straight. In fact, Bishop is my 4th most favorite Corrections Officer.....right after the three Jims from Shoresy:

image.gif.b827deae33baaefe0e4e2bd254f8da72.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I just figured, if the FBI is coming because they think you have important classified docs, anyone that would get in the way of that could be seen as a threat to national security. So of course they should be ready to use deadly force if needed.

It certainly wasn't included because they were worried about an obese elderly man with funky hair going Super Saiyan and stopping them. 

The rich people will destroy you with lawyers before they ever think of pulling out a weapon.

That just leaves 2 scenarios barring that being a normal add-on to these papers: 

1. The Secret Service

2. MAGA hearing about it and a bunch of idiots showing up and trying to bum rush into Mar-a-Lago.  Then the FBI could legally get some moving target practice in a game of Whack-A-Moron.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Media shares keep tumbling after reporting staggering first-quarter losses

Trump Media shares continued tumbling a day after the former president's tech company reported a net loss of $327.6 million on just $770,500 in revenue in the first quarter of 2024.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-media-value/

Almost as bad as that Mudk Tesla fiasco. Which company dies first? 

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Donald should get credit for "Operation Warp Speed" (which I'll admit I poked fun at, at the time)...course he'll never brag about it on the campaign trail else lose votes to whacko anti-vaxxer RKF Jr.

He's tried to talk about vaccines at rallies.   He got booed.  Even when he was on stage with Papa Bear Bill O'Reilly.  They both admitted they were boosted and got booed anyway. 

12 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Donald should get credit for "Operation Warp Speed" (which I'll admit I poked fun at, at the time)...course he'll never brag about it on the campaign trail else lose votes to whacko anti-vaxxer RKF Jr.

Some, yes.

17 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Some, yes.

Never liked the "Warp Speed" moniker....

IMO, if you're going with a Science Fiction term that has no actual basis in Science, you should go for it....

It should have been "Operation Ludicrous Speed".....(put in italics, because that looks faster)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

IMO, if you're going with a Science Fiction term that has no actual basis in Science, you should go for it....

It should have been "Operation Ludicrous Speed".....(put in italics, because that looks faster)

Need to be careful with that speed stuff, you could end up going plaid.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Hey Trump has been wrong on many many things but that did actually help a bit.

His idea to turn gm into a ventilator factory was bat shit tho.

Edited by Bob Long

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hey Trump has been wrong on many many things but that did actually help a bit.

His idea to turn gm into a ventilator factory was bat shit tho.

Maybe one of the only benefits of having an obese president whose exercise regimen consists of golf with the aid of a cart and diet consists of McDonald's.  He was definitely part of the most vulnerable group.

Edited by King Heffy
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe one of the only benefits of having an obese president whose exercise regimen consists of golf with the aid of a cart and diet consists of McDonald's.  He was definitely part of the most vulnerable group.

Saved his life. 

8r1ma5.jpg.f082fb139cb12e3de68871fdde9f458b.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/lauren-boebert-caught-in-a-lie-after-hyping-bridge-project-she-voted-against-funding/ar-BB1mSz6W?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=5de4871674dc4231a1db2469d4431c52&ei=72

"

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) took to social media Wednesday to boast about a bridge project in her area, and it didn't go well.

"Great meeting with Glenwood Springs City Councilor and former Mayor Jonathan Godes," Boebert posted on X. "We have secured over $51.4 million for the South Bridge. Was thrilled to hear about nearly $30 million in costs savings in addition and that my support has helped make this project a reality."

The far-right congresswoman, who is currently trying to jump ship to a more conservative congressional district following a series of scandals that endangered her in her current seat, was quickly called out by her fellow lawmaker, Rep. Jason Crow (D-CO). "Hey Colorado!! @RepBoebert actually voted against this funding. Now she's trying to take credit! This is why people call DC a swamp ..." wrote Crow. He is correct, as the funding comes from the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, a signature program of the Biden administration that Boebert voted against.

• ThereItIs 1