US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Trump likes to exaggerate number of people at his rallies, just like guys like to exaggerate size of their peckers. He got 15% of votes in Bronx whose population is around 8% white, so there are Latinos, Asians and Blacks that voted for him. 

Size of rallies are irrelevant anyways, usually hardcore political followers go to these rallies.

I voted in every election that I was eligible to vote in, never been to a really or a meeting in my life.

For as long as I've been an adult, I've always thought it was creepy, even at the nomination conferences that they televise, that grown adults bounce up and down like children holding signs and acting like they're in some kind of rapture.  It truly is cult-like behavior for those who actually attend these conferences and rallies.

• Cheers 3

I'm anything but a Stones fan, but hats off to Mick Jagger for his troll job on Bones Spurs last night....

The band was playing in Jersey in front of about 80,000 people, (which probably irritates Trump to begin with) but then Mick tells the crowd, “I was a bit worried about the weather tonight, I thought we were going to get a Stormy Daniels but we’re all right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm anything but a Stones fan, but hats off to Mick Jagger for his troll job on Bones Spurs last night....

The band was playing in Jersey in front of about 80,000 people, (which probably irritates Trump to begin with) but then Mick tells the crowd, “I was a bit worried about the weather tonight, I thought we were going to get a Stormy Daniels but we’re all right.

I didn't realize that Mick Jagger actually went to the London School of Economics (not sure if he got his degree/diploma).  The Stones tried to warn the Beatles about hiring Klein to "manage" them (I *think* Klein screwed the Stones in business deals before?).

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

For as long as I've been an adult, I've always thought it was creepy, even at the nomination conferences that they televise, that grown adults bounce up and down like children holding signs and acting like they're in some kind of rapture.  It truly is cult-like behavior for those who actually attend these conferences and rallies.

Especially dressing up and trying to look like your favorite candidate.
Or covering your car with all sorts of political decals and flags.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

🤣

Why in the hell would he do a speech at another party's event?!  He's lucky that he got out with just boos.  If those people weren't already high, they would have started chanting something like "felon", or "Shitshispants", or worse...

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Why in the hell would he do a speech at another party's event?!  He's lucky that he got out with just boos.  If those people weren't already high, they would have started chanting something like "felon", or "Shitshispants", or worse...

Funniest part is the arrogant prick didn't see it coming.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's worse than a mere felon or someone with bowel movement issues.  He's a convicted rapist.  Among prisoners only stool pigeons or GOP Matt Gaetz types are viewed worse 

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He's worse than a mere felon or someone with bowel movement issues.  He's a convicted rapist.  Among prisoners only stool pigeons or GOP Matt Gaetz types are viewed worse 

Not to rain on your point, but the civil jury said she couldn't prove that she was raped, but that they believed that she was sexually abused. 

Basically if you grab someone's ass/crotch or even kiss them without consent, you're guilty of sexual abuse.

People on X/Twitter are still claiming that the jury said he was a rapist, which is false, so I can see where you got the information.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Not to rain on your point, but the civil jury said she couldn't prove that she was raped, but that they believed that she was sexually abused. 

Basically if you grab someone's ass/crotch or even kiss them without consent, you're guilty of sexual abuse.

People on X/Twitter are still claiming that the jury said he was a rapist, which is false, so I can see where you got the information.

I'd reply but I plead the 5th 400 times.🤪

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Funniest part is the arrogant prick didn't see it coming.

Just like when he got laughed at, when giving a speech at the UN and called himself the greatest president ever, or some such nonsense.....

He actually seemed surprised that the comment was met with laughter.

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'd reply but I plead the 5th 400 times.🤪

No worries... lol

I still get caught by social media's twisting of the facts more than I'd like to admit. 

Twitter/X has always been a cesspool of unchecked information.  Before Elon bought it, it was mostly from just one side.  After Elon bought it, it's now doubled into both sides.

Unfortunately community notes can only help so much.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Yep that moment of disconnect was real, and a window into that mind of his.

Exactly. He actually believes he was a great president and can't understand people who think otherwise.

It's one of the reasons that I shake my head at the so-called "moderate" Republicans (Like Bill Barr, Chris Sununu and Nikki Haley) who know how delusional he is, yet have pledged to vote for him anyway....

Yet they bristle when they get accused of putting party over country....:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

WATCH: Tim Scott Repeatedly Deflects When Confronted By CNN’s Dana Bash About Trump’s Claim He ‘Nearly Escaped Death’ in FBI Mar-a-Lago Raid

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-tim-scott-repeatedly-deflects-when-confronted-by-cnns-dana-bash-about-trumps-claim-he-nearly-escaped-death-in-fbi-mar-a-lago-raid/

I'm not sure if Scott is "Steppin' or Fetchin'" for Herr VonnSh*tsHisPants.

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Exactly. He actually believes he was a great president and can't understand people who think otherwise.

It's one of the reasons that I shake my head at the so-called "moderate" Republicans (Like Bill Barr, Chris Sununu and Nikki Haley) who know hoe delusional he is, yet have pledged to vote for him anyway....

Yet they bristle when they get accused of putting party over country....:classic_rolleyes:

That's the power of an active base, even if they are nuts politicians will pander to them.

• Cheers 1

On 5/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

Even if the cops allowed 5k-10k people of all colours from mostly the Bronx to show up, that's still surprising.  This is the same place that AOC represents.  It's very very liberal leaning.

I have to give credit to Herr VonSh*tsHisPants for attracting more people than "Cheeseball Man"!:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'm guessing he gets Melania to say:  "I need you HUGE......."🤣

Wouldn’t there be mostly MEGA morans at NASCAR events? I sure hope even the morans are coming to understand what Trump truly is and vote for President Biden. 

Something is seriously wrong down south. Guy leaving work shot dead because some losers wanted his car. The politicians down there have made crime worth more than the consequences. 

Johnny Wactor -- an actor best known for appearing in nearly 200 episodes of "General Hospital" -- has died, TMZ has learned.

Wactor was shot and killed in downtown Los Angeles early Saturday morning, his mother Scarlett tells TMZ. She says Johnny was with a coworker when they saw three men messing with Johnny's car. While authorities haven't release his name, this matches the description of an incident where three suspects allegedly tried to steal a catalytic converter.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Something is seriously wrong down south. Guy leaving work shot dead because some losers wanted his car. The politicians down there have made crime worth more than the consequences. 

Johnny Wactor -- an actor best known for appearing in nearly 200 episodes of "General Hospital" -- has died, TMZ has learned.

Wactor was shot and killed in downtown Los Angeles early Saturday morning, his mother Scarlett tells TMZ. She says Johnny was with a coworker when they saw three men messing with Johnny's car. While authorities haven't release his name, this matches the description of an incident where three suspects allegedly tried to steal a catalytic converter.

It's LA.  LA has turned into a cesspool.  Criminals get bolder and more dangerous when they aren't properly held accountable.

• Sad 1