US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

honestly I doubt it. He can probably even hold small rallies in there and get a crowd. 

Oh I figure he wiggles out of any actual time.

But if he does go in. He will be PC, no crowds, he wont be around anyone except for perhaps work detail. If thats the case he should make sure the guy sweeping the floor beside him isn't skilled with a broom handle, a'la Pickton. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Problem is Americans don’t vote if they aren’t excited about candidate, Trump was unusual in that people got very excited to vote him out, nobody cared for Biden, he was an uninspiring candidate and still is. 
American’s  have small attention span and short memory and aren’t as motivated to vote for Biden as they were to vote against Trump and since Trump’s economic policies have drug Biden down, much like Obama’s lifted the first couple years of Trumps economy, I think most of those voters will stay home. 
The Repugs always want as little turnout as possible as it is best for them and I expect Trump will win this one with less votes than he lost the last one. 
I always pick the worst possible outcome with the American’s and somehow they still find even worse options that I couldn’t anticipate. 

I think 2016 was pretty much a protest vote against the establishment.

Then everyone woke up and said. "Wait he won?"

There's his cult members, but the moderates, and swing voters I don't think are fooled anymore.

But you never can tell with the Excited States of America.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's as close to it I think as history records?

That's the only White House "murder" that I can think of.  Burr was not a good person.  He was once even tried for treason.  Found innocent however.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It would be nice if he did, but the important thing is that American voters go to the polls in November knowing that one of their choices is a convicted felon....

You have to believe that alone would be enough for this guy to never set foot in the White House.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

You have to believe that alone would be enough for this guy to never set foot in the White House.

I a normal world, but we don't live in one anymore.

We'll have to hope that enough Americans balk at being the only first world country in history to elect a convicted felon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

I sure hope Hillary has a "lock him up" in her.

She's been busy casting more blame for her loss.  Last week, I think she was partially/mostly blaming other women if I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She's been busy casting more blame for her loss.  Last week, I think she was partially/mostly blaming other women if I remember correctly.

I blamed women in a large way too for when he won.

How could any human vote for someone that talks and acts like he hates them? The list of disgusting things he has said about women is very long. 

• Vintage 2

Posted (edited)

He'll unlikely to serve any jail time. 

He needs to be defeated at the ballot. 

Independents won't likely want to vote for a felon.

Biden needs to make a case for his reelection.  Economy is getting better, stocks all time high, inflation coming down. 

It's going to be tight, like in 2020 this will be decided in battleground states. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

You sure they aren't actually stormtroopers? :hurhur:

I'm more concerned they are dueling with double action revolvers not one shot pistols.

But it's all for the laugh.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

He'll unlikely to serve any jail time. 

He needs to be defeated at the ballot. 

Independents won't likely want to vote for a felon.

Biden needs to make a case for his reelection.  Economy is getting better, stocks all time high, inflation coming down. 

It's going to be tight, like in 2020 this will be decided in battleground states. 

People, by and large, already know who they are voting for.  These are the 2 most recognizable politicians in the country.  If the election were to be held today, I have no doubt that the results would be very similar to what they will be in November.

I'm not sure how closely people were following along, but in the past couple of days, conservative media outlets have been making a big deal about unanimity of verdicts.

Essentially, what it meant was that every juror had to agree that Trump was guilty of at least one of the 34 charges to be found guilty. So of course, the Faux News's of the world misrepresented this as a case where a unanimous verdict was not required.

A few minutes ago, I listened to a court reporter describe what happened as the verdict was read. After the guilty decision, the defense asked for a polling of the jury, so each juror was asked how he or she voted on each of the 34 charges.....

....and according to this reporter, each juror said "guilty" on every single charge.

About as unanimous as it could possibly be....

• Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Interesting rant from Hair Gropenfuhrer outside the courthouse after the verdict....(okay, not really)

Lots of "rigged", several "disgraces", "highly conflicted" once or twice, a shout out to Darth Brandon and George Soros....and some nonsense about fighting for the Constitution.....

I have to give DJ Pumpkin Spice a bit of a break on that one....he was freestyling after all....

36 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

However, if all of these shenanigans had been known in 2016, would she have had to blame anyone? Comey's bs didn't help her cause either.