US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

However, if all of these shenanigans had been known in 2016, would she have had to blame anyone? Comey's bs didn't help her cause either.

The Comey thing definitely didn't do her any favours.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I actually feel a sense of relief that it didn't end up a hanged trial.

Finally some justice.

There's no way that was going to happen with 34 charges.  He knew he was screwed from the beginning.  His only option was to try and worm out of it.  He failed.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

There's no way that was going to happen with 34 charges.  He knew he was screwed from the beginning.  His only option was to try and worm out of it.  He failed.

True, but the fact that it's unanimous on all 34 charges says a lot.

15 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Who wants to bet? Cohen will serve more jail time, than trump.

So many variables

If the Don ends up in jail, how long will he live?-heck even without jail, the guy looks like next month could be too far a timeline.

32 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Who wants to bet? Cohen will serve more jail time, than trump.

I doubt he will see any actual jail time. The most he will get is house arrest.

Mainly because he is president and still under secret service protection. Would be too much of a hassle to secure any prison and prevent Trump from leaking national secrets.

Best just to dump his behind on his coach without internet access.

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Meanwhile....."America's mayor/Lex vows he will not be defeated & will organize a new group!:

I bet he didn't get paid either. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's being performative.  He had to know there was no way Trump was going to leave a NYC courtroom innocent.  If I'm wrong and he didn't know, Jr. is a bigger dummy than I thought.

Inflation has been affecting the quality of the nose candy that he gets, which in turn has affected his mind.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Inflation has been affecting the quality of the nose candy that he gets, which in turn has affected his mind.

I once watched a documentary years ago where they showed the drug trade.  They went into a South American country and even took a crew to document the making of drugs like cocaine.  They actually used gasoline in it's creation.  That can't be good for your grey matter.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I once watched a documentary years ago where they showed the drug trade.  They went into a South American country and even took a crew to document the making of drugs like cocaine.  They actually used gasoline in its creation.  That can't be good for your grey matter.

Definitely not! I like to watch border/airport security shows that show how drugs are smuggled into the country.

Lot of times dope packets are in the gas tank and very often they are not wrapped tightly so gasoline seeps inside.

Of course you have body carriers. I never did any hard drugs but if I did, no way I am snorting something this was in someone’s dirty asshole or inside a smelly box. Not to mention those that swallow balloons and shit them out later.

• Vintage 1

I want to buy one of those stupid red Maga hats with the number 34 on it, instead of 45. In the months to come, the number could be changed as the convictions pile up.

IMG_6524.jpeg

If Trump’s Conviction Lands Him in Prison, the Secret Service Goes, Too

Protecting Mr. Trump in a prison environment would involve keeping him separate from other inmates, as well as screening his food and other personal items, officials said. If he were to be imprisoned, a detail of agents would work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, rotating in and out of the facility, several officials said. While firearms are strictly prohibited in prisons, the agents would, most likely, nonetheless be armed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/30/nyregion/trump-prison-secret-service.html?u2g=i&unlocked_article_code=1.wE0.bmhL.614qrQzRSr6c&smid=url-share

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

If Trump’s Conviction Lands Him in Prison, the Secret Service Goes, Too

Protecting Mr. Trump in a prison environment would involve keeping him separate from other inmates, as well as screening his food and other personal items, officials said. If he were to be imprisoned, a detail of agents would work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, rotating in and out of the facility, several officials said. While firearms are strictly prohibited in prisons, the agents would, most likely, nonetheless be armed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/30/nyregion/trump-prison-secret-service.html?u2g=i&unlocked_article_code=1.wE0.bmhL.614qrQzRSr6c&smid=url-share

I would still be shocked if he landed in prison during his lifetime. 

If he's re-elected, it immediately becomes a non-issue for 4 years since it's been twice established that you can't imprison a sitting president.  In those 4 years, he'd likely manage to get any sentence quashed, especially if his allies in Congress take back the Senate.  They could do a serious number on NY by starving it of federal appropriations.

Edited by Sabrefan1