US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I once watched a documentary years ago where they showed the drug trade.  They went into a South American country and even took a crew to document the making of drugs like cocaine.  They actually used gasoline in it's creation.  That can't be good for your grey matter.

Pretty sure Gordon Ramsay did a documentary on this somewhat recently. Jr is eagerly awaiting the release his next cookbook. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Some people slow learners-others are just f in stupid:

16 small pages on Drumpf likely getting another lawsuit filed for defamation- by Ms. Carroll

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-s-recent-remarks-could-land-him-in-big-trouble-again/ss-BB1nobFq?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2ad2713055134f9a8426b76cff07ba0f&ei=51

The thing is, he has nothing to lose at this point.

He's been convicted of 34 counts in the LEAST offensive of the trials, meaning if he gets convicted in any of the other trials, it's worse. On top of that, when he does a rally, he's not getting the people out that he used to get back in 2016 when he won by not even the popular vote. He's been seeing a lot of protest groups outside of rallies, sometimes even bombarding their way into the rally, cutting it short. His endorsed candidates haven't been doing well for the most part.

He's not doing well and the only thing that could get him out of this (if it gets him out of this) is winning in November. Whatever he does now in terms of remarks is like throwing fire onto a fire that already exists. It means more to us viewing this than it will Trump.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

So here's a question:

If Trump is sentenced to House Arrest at say, Mara-Lardo, how does he campaign? Is he going to Zoom into his rallies? I really hope so, because Zoom is leaky AF and somebody will 100% Zoom Bomb it....

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The Lindsey Graham one is my favorite....:classic_laugh:

As much as I dislike Graham, he's sadly one of the better Republicans in office right now.  At least he's adamant that Ukraine should be supported.  Excuse me while I wash out my mouth with soap.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

As much as I dislike Graham, he's sadly one of the better Republicans in office right now.  At least he's adamant that Ukraine should be supported.  Excuse me while I wash out my mouth with soap.

Unfortunately, outside of his stance on Ukraine, he tends to suck up to whatever side he thinks will give him power. If he treated everything else like he did Ukraine, he'd actually be a decent politician, but he doesn't.

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

It's like having to choose between Stalin and that Austrian Corporal (can throw in a despot like Mao who killed who knows how many millions in their Great Leap Forward).  The triad of turd.

DC attorney discipline board recommends Rudy Giuliani be disbarred for bogus 2020 election fraud claim

Donald Trump’s former lawyer Rudy Giuliani is one step closer to being disbarred.

The professional responsibility board in Washington, DC, recommended Friday that the ex-New York mayor and federal prosecutor lose his law license because of his involvement in a bogus 2020 election fraud lawsuit.

Giuliani’s law license had already been suspended due to his work boosting Trump’s false assertions about his electoral loss. It is up to the DC Court of Appeals to decide whether to permanently disbar Giuliani.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/31/politics/rudy-giuliani-election-fraud-disbarment/index.html

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1