US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Fauci isn't smelling like roses in that hearing, but that Raskin line on Trump is both clever and mic drop hilarious... 🤣

Which part was Dr. Fauci looking like a dead rose, considering a lot of the information that the rest of the world Disease Prevention Center’s data came from the CDC? 

Sorry. Reflexive. 

Man, I love this comment I saw on Reddit in regards to this story.  If the Biden crime family was getting the DOJ to go after TRUMP, then why is his son facing a real threat of jail time??  I'd love for the deep state conspiracy nutbags to explain this one.

I wish President Biden would stop tweeting about how biased and corrupt the judge is. Oh, wait, never mind.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/02/politics/judge-blocks-evidence-hunter-biden-gun-trial?cid=ios_app

Judge blocks key defense evidence and witness on eve of Hunter Biden gun trial

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Which part was Dr. Fauci looking like a dead rose, considering a lot of the information that the rest of the world Disease Prevention Center’s data came from the CDC? 

Sorry. Reflexive. 

Huh?  Dead rose?  Didn't say that.  Mostly because I don't think that's an actual saying and he isn't exactly shrinking or dying at the hearing.

As for his testimony, he's been contradictory of some the things he did in the pandemic like the preventions and the vaccine efficacy claims. 

He even got tagged with a recording of trying to get the federal gov't to more or less mandate vaccinations against people's wills which they actually ended up doing in some parts of the country and the military.

Nothing that wasn't already publicly known, but he was getting hit with it all at once by each successive lawmaker.

Like I've said before about these kinds of hearings, they are performative with no lasting value.  He didn't break any laws and there's nothing new to learn as far as the COVID response goes.  The Republican lawmakers are having them so they can get soundbites on social media and on Faux news.

There's a reason that the hearings were scheduled only several months before the elections.  They can go on the campaign trail and claim they stuck it to Fauci.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Huh?  Dead rose?  Didn't say that.  Mostly because I don't think that's an actual saying and he isn't exactly shrinking or dying at the hearing.

As for his testimony, he's been contradictory of some the things he did in the pandemic like the preventions and the vaccine efficacy claims. 

He even got tagged with a recording of trying to get the federal gov't to more or less mandate vaccinations against people's wills which they actually ended up doing in some parts of the country and the military.

Nothing that wasn't already publicly known, but he was getting hit with it all at once by each successive lawmaker.

Like I've said before about these kinds of hearings, they are performative with no lasting value.  He didn't break any laws and there's nothing new to learn as far as the COVID response goes.  The Republican lawmakers are having them so they can get soundbites on social media and on Faux news.

There's a reason that the hearings were scheduled only several months before the elections.  They can go on the campaign trail and claim they stuck it to Fauci.

Another reason is to take any/all blame that TRUMP can receive and put it on the bad actors of the deep state.  None of it is TRUMP's fault.  It's all on Mr. Fauci.  They're not crazy.  Mr. Fauci is evil and wrong.  About all of it.  

21 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Man, I love this comment I saw on Reddit in regards to this story.  If the Biden crime family was getting the DOJ to go after TRUMP, then why is his son facing a real threat of jail time??  I'd love for the deep state conspiracy nutbags to explain this one.

I wish President Biden would stop tweeting about how biased and corrupt the judge is. Oh, wait, never mind.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/02/politics/judge-blocks-evidence-hunter-biden-gun-trial?cid=ios_app

Judge blocks key defense evidence and witness on eve of Hunter Biden gun trial

Actually, if you remember, the DoJ tried to quietly give Hunter a sweetheart deal but it was denied by a federal judge.  The Reddit dig on Trump is funny though.  😂

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Another reason is to take any/all blame that TRUMP can receive and put it on the bad actors of the deep state.  None of it is TRUMP's fault.  It's all on Mr. Fauci.  They're not crazy.  Mr. Fauci is evil and wrong.  About all of it.  

Actually, Republicans are p*ssed off at Trump because he agrees with Fauci's vaccination recommendations.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Might have wondered who the two doofuses behind Fauci were.  This explains who they are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/s/dhpzQxVdE2

https://meidasnews.com/news/j6-convict-removed-from-fauci-hearing

J6 defendant Brandon Fellows had to be removed from the House Committee hearing today where Dr. Anthony Fauci was called to testify. 

A number of J6ers were in attendance at the hearing, including Michael Flynn associate Ivan Raiklin who sat right behind Fauci with Fellows so they could mug for the cameras while attempting to mock him. Raiklin waited for Fauci to arrive this morning, and followed him down the hallway yelling conspiracies at him while accusing him of mass murder.

--------

vid at link.

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If Trump wins while in prison I wonder if there's a coup attempt

Why would he be in prison or even house arrest if that ends up being the case?  It's extremely doubtful that any sentence will be immediate in July unless he gets the minimum (probation).  There are still years worth of appeals.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Why would he be in prison or even house arrest if that ends up being the case?  It's extremely doubtful that any sentence will be immediate in July unless he gets the minimum (probation).  There are still years worth of appeals.

probation and a few months of community service would be so funny though. He probably wouldn't risk appeal, and he'd have to haul is ass out and pick up garbage. It would be a real internal ego war on full display, risk jail or public humiliation. I'm not sure which one wins.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

probation and a few months of community service would be so funny though. He probably wouldn't risk appeal, and he'd have to haul is ass out and pick up garbage. It would be a real internal ego war on full display, risk jail or public humiliation. I'm not sure which one wins.

They should make him clean up garbage at all Biden campaign rallies.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Would he be out on bail while his appeal is going on?  If so, then yeah, I doubt he's behind bars prior to the election.  Also, Trump mentioned that they would be appealing all the way to the Supreme Court.  Aren't all of his buddies on the Supreme Court?  So, wouldn't they just overturn the conviction?  

Just now, Chickenspear said:

They should make him clean up garbage at all Biden campaign rallies.

I'm kind of serious tho. Community service might just be the worst thing you could do to this guy. If I were the judge, I'd consider it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13491953/Dr-Phil-Biden-dismiss-Trump-hush-money-conviction.html

"

Dr. Phil used his primetime show Monday to call for Joe Biden to dismiss the conviction of Donald Trump on 34 felony counts of falsifying documents.

Trump faces heavy fines and potentially prison time in his sentencing on July 11, throwing the 2024 election into chaos. 

The longtime TV host, who has been delving more into hard news with his primetime show on his Merit Street Media, decried the 'weaponization' of the justice system to convict Trump.

--------------------------------------

Mal

--------------------------------------------------------

Maybe someone should explain to "Dr" Phil the difference between federal and state convictions?

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Gurn said:

https://meidasnews.com/news/j6-convict-removed-from-fauci-hearing

J6 defendant Brandon Fellows had to be removed from the House Committee hearing today where Dr. Anthony Fauci was called to testify. 

A number of J6ers were in attendance at the hearing, including Michael Flynn associate Ivan Raiklin who sat right behind Fauci with Fellows so they could mug for the cameras while attempting to mock him. Raiklin waited for Fauci to arrive this morning, and followed him down the hallway yelling conspiracies at him while accusing him of mass murder.

--------

vid at link.

It's almost a foregone conclusion that Moron Taylor Greene, or one of the other MAGAts invited them.

• Upvote 1

Wisconsin joins Arizona indicting Team TRUMP.  Make Attorneys Get Attorneys.

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-fake-electors-trump-2020-charges-77d00919fc8d8e07438076610090a9b1

Wisconsin attorney general files felony charges against attorneys, aide who worked for Trump in 2020

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

------------------------------------------------------

Maybe someone should explain to "Dr" Phil the difference between federal and state convictions?

While we're at it, maybe someone could explain that to the poster above thinking the supreme court can save Trumps bacon. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

OMG!  That would be hilarious!!  You sir get all of the feedback emojis!!! 😂🤣

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would he be out on bail while his appeal is going on?  If so, then yeah, I doubt he's behind bars prior to the election. 

That's the most likely thing to happen since these are all non-violent convictions.  If he gets re-elected, these charges are likely to be reduced, or possibly mostly overturned, especially if they end up in the federal court system once they make their way through the NYS appellate courts.

Also, Trump mentioned that they would be appealing all the way to the Supreme Court.  Aren't all of his buddies on the Supreme Court?  So, wouldn't they just overturn the conviction?  

They are judges for life.  I don't think they care one way or another what happens with Trump.  That said, they are also conservative partisan in their politics and will make rulings, as many times as not, that liberals do not like.  Read up on the Heritage Foundation and it's principles if you want to get more of an idea about the conservative wing.

• Cheers 1

As I understand it, the NY case will have to wind it's way through the state appeals courts....after which, it the conviction is upheld, Trump can appeal to the SCOTUS. The Supreme Court then decides whether or not to hear the appeal.

You can bet the Mortgage that Thomas and Alito will want to do their boy as solid....Gorsuch would also likely agree....

That would bring it down to Kavanaugh, ACB and Roberts. The common feeling is that they would just do whatever Trump wants them to do, but like Sabre says, I don't think it's all that cut and dried with those three.

Kavanaugh in particular, has been far less predictable than conservatives hoped.....

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Good point

• Cheers 1

I'd hope that Donalds age factors in to the sentencing- as in I don't want an old guy to not face the consequences of his actions, by dying before actual incarceration, or whatever the Judge will rule.