US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

You can Google it.

I mean I suppose I can but we were the ones having the discussion. You had no issues answering the other questions and actually it was you That responded to me. I didn't actually reach out to you. I think the answer is pretty clear then because I know previously this discussion has come up. And the way inflation is calculated, I think we'd have a lot of Canadians and Americans going wtf You left out a lot..

Edited by Ryan Strome

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

We're not really having a discussion though. You are posting things claiming they are factual when in reality they are not. Then you are asking for resources. I'm not a professor nor am I defending a thesis. Normally I'd oblige you but I'm a little preoccupied.

Enjoy your day.

I didn't post anything claiming it was factual. I responded to somebody who decided to point out the president had good job numbers. I thought it was quite admirable of him for his love and compassion for Americans. I just don't remember him ever pointing out good job numbers under the previous administration.

No need to oblige me. Have a good day yourself. Happy Thanksgiving

51 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I don't think Donald Trump was particularly personally close to this guy except when he threw whatever PAC money he could Donald's way.  Donald Trump is not the only politician to grift in that manner.  Ever single politician, without exception, is that way.  They spend a good portion of their day grifting for cash over the phone.  Both the DNC and RNC keep records of cash given and how many hours are spent by each congressperson raising these funds through begging.

Give enough money, and they'll even arrange phone calls with a sitting president if their party has the White House. 

That's how these people spend hundreds of millions on presidential campaigns and then spend hundreds of millions collectively on House and Senate races.

All with the complete blessing of the Supreme Court over the years and it's asinine rulings on campaign finance.

Sure there's no longer an "Mr Smith goes to Washington" ala Jimmy Stewart but (imho), it like the difference between a Brad Marchand & a Sean Avery.  Both are slime but one tries to shorten your career via questionable hits & the other tried to hurt your feeling via his potty mouth essentially.

• Haha 1

I truly wonder how the left / dems and main stream media would react if Trump said something like this

Actually, I know....Sorry but "camps" lol...I'm not even going to say it. The fact many will ignore this (or rationalize it away) and not realize how these people think, is a worry. Gotta love fascism. Now had Trump said this....oh boy!

Coming from the same woman who paid for the Steele Dossier and tried to have Trump impeached for being a Russian asset. But muh "democracy!"

SMH...I do hope the younger generation wakes up and learns how manipulated they are...

https://x.com/theblaze/status/1710119355244011829?s=20

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You're not the only one.

Neither did Hilary. 

Excuse it a way bro.

I am totally sure the woman who calls 75 million human beings deplorables and refers to putting them in camps because they think differently, is not a fascist. I was under the impression in a free society, you're allowed to think as you please, not have to think they way you're told? Perhaps I'm wrong?

You may want to consider how Hitler used language to make Jews seem "subhuman" ...this is a fascist tactic. Am I talking extermination camps? No

But the fact you don't even call out her language to put people in "deprogramming" camps for the way they think...is the ABSOLUTELY THE PROBLEM in society today. Remember "plague rats?"....(aka anti vaxxers)....you need to learn some history friend.

I also know your take would be 100% the opposite if Trump said it...carry on man

https://english.elpais.com/society/2022-12-04/how-nazi-propaganda-dehumanized-jews-to-facilitate-the-holocaust.html

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlockerHigh said:

Excuse it a way bro.

I am totally sure the woman who calls 75 million human beings deplorables and refers to camps is not a fascist. You may want to consider how Hitler used language to make Jews seem "subhuman" ...this is a fascist tactic. Am I talking extermination camps? No

But the fact you don't even call out her language to put people in "deprogramming" camps for the way they think...is the ABSOLUTELY THE PROBLEM in society today.

I also know your take would be 100% the opposite if Trump said it...carry on man

But I already did.

You'd have to read the thread and see my first response, the first time this was posted. I called it 'Bad' what she said.

But you, you escalate it, second person to do so,...jumped to the term 'camps'...

'Terror's tha product ya push
Well I'm a truth addict, oh shit I gotta headrush' 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

But I already did.

You'd have to read the thread and see my first response, the first time this was posted. I called it 'Bad' what she said.

But you, you escalate it, second person to do so,...jumped to the term 'camps'...

'Terror's tha product ya push
Well I'm a truth addict, oh shit I gotta headrush' 

She said camps...read my edits...I missed your previous post so I will accept that.

1 minute ago, BlockerHigh said:

She said camps...read my edits...I missed your previous post so I will accept that.

Oh shoot.

My apologies.

I dont see where you showed that she said camps...can you repost? 

Damn, I asked the first poster and he didn't tell me that...he only had the same clip you had

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's insane about Hilary. 

Can anyone post a clip of her saying the words "to put people in deprogramming camps for the way they think."

I think it was just formal deprogramming.

Interesting to speculate on what she meant/insinuated by the formal part though. Structured? Government led? Forced?  

Politics can be so fun to read between the lines. I swear they say these things on purpose. Divisive bastards 😆

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Aha!

Since I am now talking to myself, I did some sluth work.

It was a frickin FOX talking head that started the deprogramming camps crap. Good old MSM.

Alfs girlfriend did not use the word camps.

Blocker you lied to me man. Be better, be best. 

She's not wrong, the MAGA hard core are cult-ish, but she has to know she's not helping by saying stuff they can run with like this.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

I think it was just formal deprogramming.

Interesting to speculate on what she meant/insinuated by the formal part though. Structured? Government led? Forced?  

Politics can be so fun to read between the lines. I swear they say these things on purpose. Divisive bastards 😆

It wasn't something she should have said but it's not the first time she has used language that gets under peoples skin.

That said my point is about the escalation. It's ridiculous, fear mongering to rile people up more. Jumping stright to the idea of some type of camps where MAGA's are round up and held against their will. 

And she is not running for office as far as i am aware. One of the posters posting this claimed that Trump wouldn't have been able to say that. WTF?! Trump says whatever in the world he wants, when he wants to, and makes not apologies about it. He could shoot a person..., people should be executed.., he can just kiss on a woman.. ( with or without tictac).

And Trump is running for office. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It wasn't something she should have said but it's not the first time she has used language that gets under peoples skin.

That said my point is about the escalation. It's ridiculous, fear mongering to rile people up more. Jumping stright to the idea of some type of camps where MAGA's are round up and held against their will. 

And she is not running for office as far as i am aware. One of the posters posting this claimed that Trump wouldn't have been able to say that. WTF?! Trump says whatever in the world he wants, when he wants to, and makes not apologies about it. He could shoot a person..., people should be executed.., he can just kiss on a woman.. ( with or without tictac).

And Trump is running for office. 

People also love to jump to ‘what trump meant/implied’ rather than take ‘what he actually said’ at face value, but alas i digress. He says a lot of dumb crap too that im sure theres many examples of lol. I agree that hes running for office and he should be held to a higher standard than Crooked now too 😋. Very curious if he will make it through all his court cases to get on the general election ballot

Boy its nice to have this political thread back to its glory days in time for election szn 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Don't you wish there was a MANA candidate to Make America Normal Again?

If that's to much to ask for maybe a MANNA candidate to Make America Nearly Normal Again.

You should be working on the campaign trail thats a catchy slogan thats sure to drum up plenty of discussion on what ‘normal’ is

28 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's insane about Hilary. 

Can anyone post a clip of her saying the words "to put people in deprogramming camps for the way they think."

She said “formal deprogramming”

you may want to learn history 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/07/01/china-camps-cultural-revolution-diplomats/

she also called Maga “extremists” for being election deniers and i don’t see how putting the us first is somehow extreme? Unless of course you’re part of a globalist uniparty of dems and republicans who like to steal from taxpayers 

Election deniers? Lol

Can you see how it works now?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html