US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

'Tryyyyyyyy': Trump's 'glitch' said to show his 'neurological deterioration is worsening'

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-glitch-neurological-deterioration/

Donald Trump appeared at a town hall on Thursday, at one point slurring and changing his planned sentence in a way that alarmed some people.

Trump, who has long been criticized for gaffes and "glitches" at his rallies, was talking about immigration when he said, "When I'm president, I will use Title 42 to end the try..." He then immediately shifted gears.

"And we have to do this," he added.

@Acyn on X, formerly called Twitter, provided the following transcript of the moment:

"Trump: I will use title 42 to end the tryyyyyyyy."

Spiro’s Ghost, a popular political account, had this to say:

"This happens CONSTANTLY NOW. His neurological deterioration is worsening rapidly."

@CrazyFenaker also chimed in.

"He and Mitch McConnell like to get together at Karaoke and sing 'Freeze Frame,'" he wrote.

• Vintage 1

Imagine that you're a teenager who is graduating High School and your father picks that day to show the world that he's a racist POS.....:classic_dry:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/wisconsin-dad-tells-cops-why-he-pushed-superintendent-off-stage-so-he-couldn-t-shake-daughter-s-hand/ar-BB1nOFVX?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=1d9cc490d691425d9f70d03ab3a121fe&ei=32

A new police report details a white father’s explanation to cops for why he shoved a Black school superintendent off a Wisconsin graduation stage to stop him from shaking his graduating daughter’s hand.

The scandal began on May 31, when Matthew Eddy walked onto the stage at Baraboo High School’s graduation as his daughter was shaking hands with school officials. As she approached Superintendent Rainey Briggs, who is Black, the father jumped on stage, grabbed the superintendent by his arm, and dragged him away from his daughter, viral video of the incident shows.

“He put both of his hands on me to push me out of the way stating, ‘You are not going to touch my (expletive) daughter,’” Briggs told police . “At that time I created space and stated ‘get your hands off me.’”

Now, Eddy has been charged with disorderly conduct and Briggs has filed a restraining order against the man.

The police report, obtained by local outlet WMTV 5 News, says Eddy told officers he “had past issues with Rainey and dislikes him.” Eddy told police he “wanted to prevent Rainey from having the satisfaction of shaking” his daughter’s hand, “so he went onto the stage to prevent that from happening.”

Officers said the push was “pre-planned” and that the father was sorry for the incident — but only because of the impact it had on his graduating daughter.

“We would like to emphasize that the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and community members is a top priority,” Baraboo School District spokesperson Hailey Wagner said in a statement regarding the incident.

I can't help but feel terrible for the daughter. What should have been her proudest day was just completely fucked up by her father...The poor girl must feel awful, even though she did nothing wrong...

• Upvote 3

Speaking of racist POS's.....

Kirk told the assembled throng that MAGA is doing the same work done by the D-Day soldiers, insisting, "They were fighting against totalitarianism, fighting against a dictatorship. But 80 years later, if we are honest with ourselves, that very same totalitarianism is now here in this country," before adding, "The very same dictatorship that our leaders were fighting, our Greatest Generation was fighting against, are now here in this country.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/charlie-kirk-buried-for-idiotic-comments-about-normandy-soldiers-on-d-day-anniversary/ar-BB1nPmU4?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=43ebd91dd4a34b3e8653d0576e88e70b&ei=14

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No.  I'm saying that presidents can most likely pardon themselves if they choose to.

As for trying to take over the government or overstay their term of office, neither will ever happen because both the system itself and the people who currently run the government will not allow it.

As I've said before, Trump will be a lame duck roughly 2 1/2 years into his term.  He'll see his advisors and cabinet breaking apart around 9 months or so later as they look to their next jobs.

You have more confidence that I for sure in the system. Considering the federalist society have been working specifically to maximize executive power and the whole project 2025 thing going on where they purge the non partisan professionals in government with loyalists 

A lot of the checks and balances seem to be based more on precedence and hoping the successors honor that than codified established law.

I'm very open to you showing me otherwise.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Imagine that you're a teenager who is graduating High School and your father picks that day to show the world that he's a racist POS.....:classic_dry:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/wisconsin-dad-tells-cops-why-he-pushed-superintendent-off-stage-so-he-couldn-t-shake-daughter-s-hand/ar-BB1nOFVX?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=1d9cc490d691425d9f70d03ab3a121fe&ei=32

I can't help but feel terrible for the daughter. What should have been her proudest day was just completely fucked up by her father...The poor girl must feel awful, even though she did nothing wrong...

Hopefully people don't just assume the daughter has the same viewpoint.

Her job/career opportunities might take a hit-which would be wrong.

And that's just the financial hit- being wrongly shunned by people, could be devastating

Edited by Gurn
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

🤬🤢

Listen to Trump plagiarize Hitler on the campaign trail

• Haha 2
  • MillerTime 1

19 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

🤬🤢

How many different ways are there to deliver the same message on the same subject in the same place?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 6/6/2024 at 12:06 PM, Sabrefan1 said:

I understand that people don't like Musk and that's perfectly fine, but it sticks in my craw when the dislike bleeds into wanting an entire company that's directly and indirectly responsible for keeping thousands upon thousands of people employed and advancing our interests in space.

I'm not a fan of how Boeing does business, but I do not take joy when their planes fail and when their Starliner capsule continues to see delays. 

Boeing is considering ending the Starliner program after it fulfills the few flights with it's NASA contract.  That is not good.  SpaceX should not be the US's only commercial space partner.

so we’re all going to another planet to completely fuck up like this one ?

Im for progress, and a space program , but for me,  progress would be getting LIFE right on Earth , first.

… and like you have mentioned here,  SPACE is about Buissness, leading to corporation, ownerships..

So who owns this planet these Buissness’s and Corporations are taking us too?

mineral rights ,  habitation rights, borders,  who goes, who dosent,  ..  sounds like another fight of rights,.   And another War.

If we can rid War and poverty in this World,  then , maybe we have earned the privilege of going to another World.

until then it’s all about Corporate greed with a lot of money hoping to find the next gold rush.    

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

🤬🤢

Yea, Biden should have changed the numbers up a bit, just to add some pizzazz.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Buster; don't even think of comparing Trump to Reagan. 

What happens if he does? Does he burst into flames? Does God kill a puppy? :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Who thought hiring this guy for a hospital benefit in Canada was a good idea?

Rob Schneider Booted Mid-Set From Another Stage After Attendees Walk Out

Comic Rob Schneider was pulled from another stage this week when his act at a fundraiser in Canada, which many found inappropriate for an event supporting a hospital, led organizers to cut him off.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed35490aa3ee368d033927fa22db1f52.jpeg

On Saturday at an event called the Four Seasons Ball — a fundraiser for the Hospitals of Regina Foundation — Saturday Night Live alum Schneider was scheduled to perform a comedy set for the crowd at the annual gala. His politics-heavy comedy style, however, did not seem to match the tone of the evening.

Shortly into his set, as attendees began to walk out of the event, HORN representatives asked the comic to leave the stage. Schneider complied with the request right away, according to a rep from HORN.

“We do not condone, accept, endorse or share Mr. Schneider’s positions, as expressed during his comedy set and acknowledge that in this instance the performance did not meet the expectations of our audience and our team,” the foundation said in a statement published by Canada’s Global News. “An unconditional apology was offered right after to our guests and our community. We reiterate this sincere and unconditional apology today, for any offense caused by Mr. Schneider’s recent comedy set, at the Four Seasons Ball.”

While the foundation did not detail any of the offensive material that led to Schneider’s ousting, some of those in attendance appeared on TV and posted on social media.

“Everyone in the room was groaning, saying, ‘What is going on?’ Like whispering to themselves. Not a single laugh at times,” witness Tynan Allan told the CBC. “It was just very apparent how uncomfortable everyone felt and how unacceptable the things he was talking about were.”

Allen added that he was perplexed by the foundation’s decision to include Schneider.

“I understand that you’re raising money, that you sometimes need to draw a crowd, but it doesn’t take a lot to vet people and specifically to vet people from a values-based perspective,” he told the network.

Twitter USAER geokaren wrote, “They had Rob Schneider (why?) as “entertainment” who went off on a rants about vaccines, women’s rights, how white men are persecuted. People got up and walked out.”

Emails sent to a rep for Schneider and the president of the Hospitals of Regina Foundation were not immediately returned on Friday.

The event, a private fundraising affair, had sold out; the organization had raised over $350,000 for Regina’s hospitals.

Schenider was similarly pulled from the stage in the middle of a stand-up set at a GOP event in late 2023; although The Hot Chick star denied that he was removed from the stage, multiple witnesses reported his set was cut short when his jokes were deemed too lewd for the conservative crowd.

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

🤬🤢

What part of that is plagiarism?

28 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It can only the that's still alive.

I've run this through an online translator several times, but it keeps coming up with "WTF?"

• Haha 3