US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Biden used Ronny's words to a tee. Ronny' been 6 feat under for many, many years.

Okay....but that doesn't explain the word salad that you posted....:classic_unsure:

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Biden used Ronny's words to a tee. Ronny' been 6 feat under for many, many years.

We make sport of Rocket Ronny (the Bonzo Boy) now but the guy won record numbers of states. The voters loved Ronald “Ray-gun”

And he wasn’t evil like Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We make sport of Rocket Ronny (the Bonzo Boy) now but the guy won record numbers of states. The voters loved Ronald “Ray-gun”

And he wasn’t evil like Trump. 

He was evil in his own way though.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yep. Some of us remember how he demonized poor people.....basically making the case that they were all lazy freeloaders who were milking the system and screwing taxpayers out of their hard earned dollars....

If I had a dollar for every time Ronnie used the term "Welfare Queen" I wouldn't have to keep working....

....and then there was the Union busting....remember him firing all the Air Traffic Controllers?

• Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

IMHAO (of course none of us actually know the guy) Ronny wasn’t in things for himself. He might have had stupid policies and made bad choices but it wasn’t ever for him. He just thought that was what was best, which is okay. 
Trump does things for himself. He cares nothing about how his decisions affect others. He’s a selfish bastard. He’s a narcissist who should be behind bars. I never felt that about Ray Gun. 
One guy thought he was doing what was best for everyone. The other guy only does what’s best for him.  IMHAO that’s the difference between these two. If Ray Gun was alive today he’d be 100% against Trump. And he’d say it too. Just like McCain. There are men , like Ray Gun and McCain who will put politics aside to say what is important. And they’d both say Trump is bad news. And they’d be right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, if anyone is pissed off at Biden about his speech at Normandy, you should be mad at Steven Spielberg as well....

It’s obvious these high level politicians don’t write their own speeches but maybe they should at least preview them? I’m sure hoping Biden wins the next election but he’s got to take responsibility for his words. And that means previewing what others write for him.personally I prefer Biden talks without cue cards. He’s wise man who shows he wants to do what’s right. Speech writers are too interested in votes. 
Just let Biden speak his mind. He’s a good person. The voters will see that and then he will defeat the evil that is Trump. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m still not too sure what HB did wrong? That little shit Rittenhouse should be in prison forever. 

He's done lots of things wrong....but in this particular case, his last name is why he's being prosecuted....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m still not too sure what HB did wrong? That little shit Rittenhouse should be in prison forever. 

Seems he ticked off a box on his application, for gun purchase, that he wasn't using drugs.

crazy that he's getting in trouble for this as:

Last night he  smoked a joint--today, when he was not using drugs, he filled in an application.

Unless that little box question had a timeline on the "Not doing drugs"  bit- this is all bullshit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

He's done lots of things wrong....but in this particular case, his last name is why he's being prosecuted....

It’s the United Ststes. Guns are all over down there. Nuns buy guns! This IMHAO is stupid waste of money and time. 

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Seems he ticked off a box on his application, for gun purchase, that he wasn't using drugs.

crazy that he's getting in trouble for this as:

Last night he  smoked a joint--today, when he was not using drugs, he filled in an application.

Unless that little box question had a timeline on the "Not doing drugs"  bit- this is all bullshit.

Exactly! It’s obvious this is a political thing. It’s stupid. It’s a waste of time and money. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s the United Ststes. Guns are all over down there. Nuns buy guns! This IMHAO is stupid waste of money and time. 

Of course it is. This sort of thing rarely results in felony charges. If Hunter Biden wasn't related to Joe Biden, he wouldn't be in court right now.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, DSVII said:

You have more confidence that I for sure in the system. Considering the federalist society have been working specifically to maximize executive power and the whole project 2025 thing going on where they purge the non partisan professionals in government with loyalists 

A lot of the checks and balances seem to be based more on precedence and hoping the successors honor that than codified established law.

I'm very open to you showing me otherwise.

I can't prove something that has never happened before.  There has yet to be a president who has seriously tried to stay longer than his term.

There was the same exact speculation though about Trump as there is now, and his advisors and cabinet members slowly left and abandoned him.

It was so bad for him by then that the staff that was left on his final day had to order White House employees to line up and clap for him on his way to Marine 1.

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

so we’re all going to another planet to completely fuck up like this one ?

Mars won't be long term habitable until after Musk is dead.  He's just creating the early vehicles to get humanity there.

Im for progress, and a space program , but for me,  progress would be getting LIFE right on Earth , first.

… and like you have mentioned here,  SPACE is about Buissness, leading to corporation, ownerships..

Humans are crazy.  We're going to bring this planet to the brink and then scramble to clean it up.  It's unfortunate that's how we are.

So who owns this planet these Buissness’s and Corporations are taking us too?

mineral rights ,  habitation rights, borders,  who goes, who dosent,  ..  sounds like another fight of rights,.   And another War.

According to treaties that have been signed, nobody can claim extra-terrestrial sites.

My guess?  Like it is here on Earth, the strongest nations will break those treaties sooner or later and will muscle and claim everything that they can.

If we can rid War and poverty in this World,  then , maybe we have earned the privilege of going to another World.

until then it’s all about Corporate greed with a lot of money hoping to find the next gold rush.    

Maybe we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya to the flying spaghetti monster.  That's more likely to happen than what you propose.

5 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Yea, Biden should have changed the numbers up a bit, just to add some pizzazz.....

Presidents have been plagiarizing one another for many many years.  Heck, Melania after she became FLOTUS plagiarized her predecessor almost word for word if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I've run this through an online translator several times, but it keeps coming up with "WTF?"

You need to get yourself a decoder ring.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Presidents have been plagiarizing one another for many many years.  Heck, Melania after she became FLOTUS plagiarized her predecessor almost word for word if I remember correctly.

I just think it's a silly thing to be outraged about...who gives AF about a speech? :classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

A Trump trial juror couldn't manage to stay silent...  His own brother outed both his identity on social media and that the jury was going to find Trump guilty.  The judge is not happy.  Now Trump's lawyers are very likely going to move for a re-trial.  I'll be surprised if he gets one but the judge is not a happy camper right now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/judge-trumps-hush-money-case-raises-questions-social-media-post-appear-rcna156128

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar

10 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

“From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect,” 

”... Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect “

• Haha 1

The "Law and Order" party....:classic_dry:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/the-rot-the-craziness-wapo-columnist-rips-into-gop-after-new-attack-on-capitol-cops/ar-BB1nObHm?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=336ff022343c4b019569ad24286f490b&ei=19

According to a report from the Washington Post, "Former U.S. Capitol Police officer Harry Dunn and former sergeant Aquilino Gonell were introduced on the [Pennsylvania’s House of Representatives] floor Wednesday as 'heroes' by House Speaker Joanna McClinton (D) for having “bravely defended democracy in the United States Capitol against rioters and insurrection on January 6.” As the two men — both of whom were injured by rioters on Jan. 6 — were introduced, the House floor descended into chaos. According to Democratic lawmakers, several GOP lawmakers hissed and booed, with a number of Republicans walking out of the chamber in protest."

Full story in the link.

9 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Buster; don't even think of comparing Trump to Reagan. 

Is this supposed to be some sort of "I can make any comparison of Biden that I want but how dare you make a comparison of oh holy Trump" statement?