US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

41 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump screwed over and stiffed payment to too many cities and arena owners during his first run.  Nobody is willing to rent anything bigger than a high school auditorium to him now.

Trump shouldn't be allowed that close to a school.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

45 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

When I first read this I thought I was on the wrong page. Hasn’t he literally said all this shit before? I swear he was berating a teleprompter operator a week or two ago. And the shart vs the battery thing was like a year ago. It's all so fucking stupid. 

Going to a Trump rally is like going to a BTO concert....

You're not going to hear anything new, or anything interesting....just the old hits....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Going to a Trump rally is like going to a BTO concert....

You're not going to hear anything new, or anything interesting....just the old hits....

They'll also keep telling you "you ain't seen nothing yet..."

12 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump screwed over and stiffed payment to too many cities and arena owners during his first run.  Nobody is willing to rent anything bigger than a high school auditorium to him now.

what about those mega churches? could be some marketing cross-over potential. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This is probably bogus, but funny nonetheless....

It comes down to a question of whether Trump is really insecure enough to actually pay people to make it look like he's more popular than he actually is, or is he too cheap to fork over that kind of money? (even if it isn't coming out of his pocket)

I'd say both scenarios are a definite possibility, but the betting favorite might be a third option....one where people are promised money to attend, but then get stiffed by Trump, just like any other contractor....

• Vintage 2

Hate to say it, but for once, Marjorie Taylor Greene is right....

She just compared Donald Trump to Jesus, because they're both "convicted felons".... Now I don't know if the Romans used the term "felon" 2000 years ago, but it's true they were both convicted....

Now if we could just get the same outcome, (minus the whole rising from the dead thing) we'd be getting somewhere....

Edited by RupertKBD

53 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nothing infuriates me more than people like this simpleton.

I know Christians who are genuinely appalled when they hear things like this.

So many people misguided and it shows how religion can be abused and used to brainwash.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

This is probably bogus, but funny nonetheless....

It comes down to a question of whether Trump is really insecure enough to actually pay people to make it look like he's more popular than he actually is, or is he too cheap to fork over that kind of money? (even if it isn't coming out of his pocket)

I'd say both scenarios are a definite possibility, but the betting favorite might be a third option....one where people are promised money to attend, but then get stiffed by Trump, just like any other contractor....

Yea you lost me at Trump paying for something himself...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yea you lost me at Trump paying for something himself...

Honestly, the most surprising thing about the Stormy Daniels trial is that the cheque didn't bounce.

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Honestly, the most surprising thing about the Stormy Daniels trial is that the cheque didn't bounce.

Pretty sure that came out of Cohen's pocket....the reimbursement checks, OTOH....I'm guessing it was Weisselberg who made sure those cleared....

• Cheers 1

I was surprised when Pelosi stepped down as Speaker.  I wonder if she was forced to knowing that this may eventually come out.  At the end of the clip, Pelosi blames herself for the lack of response to the Jan 6th Capitol attack by the John McClane poop-smearing wannabes. 

At first I thought she was talking about Trump, but she was talking about the Capitol police it seems.  Then she says at the end that she should have had the National Guard there.  I give her credit for at least for a short time thinking that the buck stops with her as the DeFacto senior Capitol politician, but then the Democrats used it to their advantage and blamed the orange newly minted felon who got everyone riled up to begin with.

The video is trending right now on X/Twitter.  This is likely a right wing blog/news site, but it was the first neutral comment tweet I came across with the video.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I was surprised when Pelosi stepped down as Speaker.  I wonder if she was forced to knowing that this may eventually come out.  At the end of the clip, Pelosi blames herself for the lack of response to the Jan 6th Capitol attack by the John McClane poop-smearing wannabes. 

At first I thought she was talking about Trump, but she was talking about the Capitol police it seems.  Then she says at the end that she should have had the National Guard there.  I give her credit for at least for a short time thinking that the buck stops with her as the DeFacto senior Capitol politician, but then the Democrats used it to their advantage and blamed the orange newly minted felon who got everyone riled up to begin with.

The video is trending right now on X/Twitter.  This is likely a right wing blog/news site, but it was the first neutral comment tweet I came across with the video.

And somehow the irony will be lost on the folks backing the guy who incited the attack in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

And somehow the irony will be lost on the folks backing the guy who incited the attack in the first place. 

Both sides handled that entire situation poorly.  Although to be fair, Trump knew that he was riling up a mob so he gets apportioned the largest share of said blame. 

16 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Spoken like a true centrist 

Wait until I post a picture of my voting sheet like I used to on CDC.  3rd party votes.  This time though, I think that I'm voting just for Democrats in Congress.  I think Trump has a better shot than Biden at winning the White House, and I don't want one party control.  I'll be rooting for the Democrats to keep hold of at least one house in Congress.  Even though that will trigger multiple impeachments since I think they are more likely to take back the House than they are to keep the Senate.

Edited by Sabrefan1

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Trump waving to his imaginary friends....again....:classic_rolleyes:

I don't get him. 

First he does that stupid thing at NASCAR when all he had to do was wait 5 minutes until people actually saw him when he was going in to get a good photo op.

Now this when everyone knows that they're not going to allow a bunch of people anywhere near a runway.