US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Head looks photoshopped onto her body.

The woman is 31 years old.  You'd think that would be a bit young for what appears to be so many facial surgeries.

(And yes, I know I am jumping to what may be a rude and incorrect conclusion but that's certainly what it looks like.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4d2711633dba9667a0b5aae6bd95e1d9.jpeg

Nope not the bottom yet.

I was wondering who she reminded me of but couldn't place it until I turned my head and saw the carved mask I bought in Costa Rica hanging on the wall. Bears a stunning resemblance.

Thunderbirds Are Go!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Head looks photoshopped onto her body.

29 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

The woman is 31 years old.  You'd think that would be a bit young for what appears to be so many facial surgeries.

(And yes, I know I am jumping to what may be a rude and incorrect conclusion but that's certainly what it looks like.)

Yeah, you shouldn't assume....

....it could be that she just gets punched in the face a lot.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

That’s the problem right there, ain’t it? 

For a reason. 

It's to keep politicians from constantly creating new additions to the constitution.  Look at prohibition for example; we created one to ban alcohol and then had to create one to repeal it.  If it was simple majority, we would have ruined the constitution and failed as a country not long after it began.

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nope not the bottom yet.

I was wondering who she reminded me of but couldn't place it until I turned my head and saw the carved mask I bought in Costa Rica hanging on the wall. Bears a stunning resemblance.

Wth is this, please explain it to me.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Wth is this, please explain it to me.

If you're asking who she is, Laura Loomer is a far, far, far right political activist/provocateur. Think anti-gay, anti-muslim, anti common sense to the max and you'll have a pretty good idea. Basically MTG on roids.

If you're asking about her face my guess is she's has an addiction to plastic surgery that would make Michael Jackson blush.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nope not the bottom yet.

Young Adolph there looks like he’s shitting himself with joy. They must have made him turn in his weapons before letting him in the venue.

Loomer the psycho bitch is keeping a lot of plastic surgeons in business. What a lovely pair these two make. 

• Cheers 1

There is a good possibility that Gary's boy is borderline/special needs.

If I cared more/had twatter, I supposed I'd find out.

And if that is 'greater joy', I feel bad for the young guy- as he looks miserable in this pic.

Looks way more like me- when my parents wanted me to take a pic with my least favourite Aunt.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Gurn said:

There is a good possibility that Gary's boy is borderline/special needs.

If I cared more/had twatter, I supposed I'd find out.

And if that is 'greater joy', I feel bad for the young guy- as he looks miserable in this pic.

Looks way more like me- when my parents wanted me to take a pic with my least favourite Aunt.

Looks like one very confused dude to me.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Young Adolph there looks like he’s shitting himself with joy. They must have made him turn in his weapons before letting him in the venue.

Loomer the psycho bitch is keeping a lot of plastic surgeons in business. What a lovely pair these two make. 

It’s either she is very tall or he is very short, she is towering over him.

Also, he was supposed to turn over his firearms as a condition of his release when he was indicted.  He turned in 2 guns.  The 3rd went to Florida.  He clearly violated and when he is sentenced, that 3rd gun will have to be turned in.  New York is also likely to cancel his concealed gun permit.  And TRUMP admitted to it all.  LOL

Donald Trump admits he still has a gun, despite felony convictions

It is a violation of federal law for someone convicted of felonies to possess a firearm

https://www.salon.com/2024/06/12/donald-admits-he-still-has-a-gun-despite-felony-convictions/

Donald Trump, recently convicted on 34 felony charges related to falsifying business records, admitted to New York officials that he had not surrendered a gun he possesses in Florida but that was registered in New York, according to CNN. It is a federal crime for someone convicted of a felony to possess a firearm or ammunition.

An official who was briefed on the pre-sentencing meeting told CNN that Trump admitted to still possessing one of the three fireams listed on his New York City permit to carry concealed weapons. Two of the three pistols he was licensed to carry were handed over to police in March 2023, after his gun license was suspended in light of his arrest by the Manhattan District Attorney's office. The third gun was "lawfully moved to Florida," presumably to his estate at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, where Trump was for the remotely-conducted hearing.

Palm Beach police told CNN that they were not told of any gun that Trump might have, and none were turned over to them since his conviction in May. The New York City Police Department has now notified police in Florida and asked them to take appropriate action.

Trump, who promised the National Rifle Association to reverse President Joe Biden's gun control measures, has long bragged about his guns and what he would do with them. After the deadly 2016 terrorist attacks in Paris, Trump told a French magazine that "I always carry a weapon on me" and that if he was there, he would have opened fire on the assailants.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Also, he was supposed to turn over his firearms as a condition of his release when he was indicted.  He turned in 2 guns.  The 3rd went to Florida.  He clearly violated and when he is sentenced, that 3rd gun will have to be turned in.  New York is also likely to cancel his concealed gun permit.  And TRUMP admitted to it all.  LOL

Donald Trump admits he still has a gun, despite felony convictions

It is a violation of federal law for someone convicted of felonies to possess a firearm

https://www.salon.com/2024/06/12/donald-admits-he-still-has-a-gun-despite-felony-convictions/

Donald Trump, recently convicted on 34 felony charges related to falsifying business records, admitted to New York officials that he had not surrendered a gun he possesses in Florida but that was registered in New York, according to CNN. It is a federal crime for someone convicted of a felony to possess a firearm or ammunition.

An official who was briefed on the pre-sentencing meeting told CNN that Trump admitted to still possessing one of the three fireams listed on his New York City permit to carry concealed weapons. Two of the three pistols he was licensed to carry were handed over to police in March 2023, after his gun license was suspended in light of his arrest by the Manhattan District Attorney's office. The third gun was "lawfully moved to Florida," presumably to his estate at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, where Trump was for the remotely-conducted hearing.

Palm Beach police told CNN that they were not told of any gun that Trump might have, and none were turned over to them since his conviction in May. The New York City Police Department has now notified police in Florida and asked them to take appropriate action.

Trump, who promised the National Rifle Association to reverse President Joe Biden's gun control measures, has long bragged about his guns and what he would do with them. After the deadly 2016 terrorist attacks in Paris, Trump told a French magazine that "I always carry a weapon on me" and that if he was there, he would have opened fire on the assailants.

All of a sudden, I find myself wishing that Trump had been in France during those attacks....

Anyway, I look forward to Republican efforts to explain how this is not as bad as Hunter Biden possessing a gun....

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

SCOTUS rejects challenge to abortion pill Mifepristone.....unanimously....

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/supreme-court-abortion-pill-decision-06-13-24/index.html

The Supreme Court has rejected a lawsuit challenging the Food and Drug Administration’s approach to regulating the abortion pill mifepristone with a ruling that will continue to allow the pills to be mailed to patients without an in-person doctor’s visit. Justice Brett Kavanaugh wrote the opinion for a unanimous court.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I laughed at first because it sounded ridiculous.

Then I did some looking.

This is kinda sad.  It's applicable to Canada as well to an extent.  Take away the top 100 earners in Canada and the average salary drops more than enough to notice it

FB_IMG_1718299731306.jpg

• Upvote 3