US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, DSVII said:

It was reported a few months ago he got a $1.2 Billion bonus if the stock price was at $17.50 or above for 20 days out of any 30 day period, which was a soft target intended to just pay him IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/apr/24/trump-media-bonue#:~:text=He was able to receive,closing at %2432.57 on Tuesday.

Did he actually get it?  I can not find anything on it.

44 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Unfortunately we seem to forget what the far right really are, I just hope we don't need another world war this time to remember .

Sadly, the thing about people who don't understand history as being doomed to repeat is is very true.  Especially when the narrative is exclusively pushing people towards ignorance and obscuring of logic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Worst crew ever.

Michael Flynn Has Turned His Trump-World Celebrity Into a Family Business

In 2021, retired Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Donald J. Trump’s first national security adviser, became chairman of a 75-year-old nonprofit organization — the kind of small charity where chairmen typically work for free.

But Mr. Flynn received a salary of $40,000, for working two hours per week.

The next year, he got a raise: $60,000, for two hours.

Mr. Flynn’s charity also paid one of his brothers, two of his sisters, his niece and his sister-in-law. By the end of its second year, his nonprofit group, America’s Future Inc., was running in the red, burning through reserves — and still paying $518,000, or 29 percent of its budget, to Flynns.

Since leaving the Trump administration under an ethical cloud, Michael Flynn has converted his Trump-world celebrity into a lucrative and sprawling family business. He and his relatives have marketed the retired general as a martyr, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for a legal-defense fund and then pocketing leftover money. Through a network of nonprofit and for-profit ventures, they have sold far-right conspiracy theories, ranging from lies about the 2020 election to warnings, embraced by followers of QAnon, about cabals of pedophiles and child traffickers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/23/us/politics/donald-trump-michael-flynn-qanon.html

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

21 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Tells Faith Conference If He Took Off Shirt They’d See ‘a Beautiful Person’ With ‘Wounds All Over’ From Defending Religion

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-tells-faith-conference-if-he-took-off-shirt-theyd-see-a-beautiful-person-with-wounds-all-over-from-defending-religion/

What they'd really see is more lard than in all the bakeries in France....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/19/2024 at 2:44 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

The Ten Commandments must be displayed in Louisiana classrooms under requirement signed into law

I have it on good authority that Florida has added to the Ten Commandments:

11. Thou shalt not say gay.

12. Thou shalt not use any alphabet containing the letters L, B, G, T or Q.

13. Thou shalt not read books banned by the state, and the state decides which books those are.

14. Thou shalt not seek, undergo, think about or talk about abortion, reproductive health care or birth control.

15. Thou shalt not tolerate Democrats, for they are a plague upon the body politic.

16. Thou shalt not give aid nor comfort to migrants, except to employ them at slave wages in the tourist trade.

Word has it that the state's chief propagandist is hard at work rounding out the commandments to 20, because 20 is twice as good as 10.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The debate is going to be wild. This is how he rambles on WITH teleprompters. He won't have any teleprompters during the debate.

It's gonna be great yup.

ironically, when has Trump EVER set foot in a grocery store let alone done his own shopping?

10 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Ronny Jackson demands Biden drug test: His debate prep is 'getting the doses just right'

https://www.rawstory.com/ronny-jackson-test/

Interestingly enough, there are a couple of "centrists" on this forum who have pushed this exact narrative.....Biden is only capable of speaking coherently if he's "on drugs"....:classic_rolleyes:

They must be comforted to know that their opinions align with the likes of Sean Hannity, Greg Murphy, Jesse Waters and Donald Trump himself...

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Interestingly enough, there are a couple of "centrists" on this forum who have pushed this exact narrative.....Biden is only capable of speaking coherently if he's "on drugs"....:classic_rolleyes:

They must be comforted to know that their opinions align with the likes of Sean Hannity, Greg Murphy, Jesse Waters and Donald Trump himself...

ooooooorrrr....  We've had enough relatives in the past that at one point were functionally the same as Biden often is, and the signs of being on these drugs are very obvious if you've seen it enough times before.

There are rumors, although unsubstantiated, that the leadership in his party are also concerned with his age related issues.

My father (84) finally retired for good last year, not because he got dumber with age, but because he'd gotten slower and I had already semi-retired so it was just him left to do the things that need a person's full concentration.  He's not where he needs meds and likely never will, but his concentration and speed of thought are lapsing too often these days to be able to do precise work.

I have no hate for Biden being on any kind of pills when he's in front of a nationwide audience.  If he decided to go on stage without them, I'd then worry much more about his judgment. 

Either way, an advanced geriatric with a cloudy mind will be running this country for another 4 years. 

That said, I'm voting for a different geriatric (Stein, 74) who isn't much younger than the 2 others who actually have a chance to win.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

ooooooorrrr....  We've had enough relatives in the past that at one point were functionally the same as Biden often is, and the signs of being on these drugs are very obvious if you've seen it enough times before.

If you say so...

I myself did not go to the Fox News academy on how to spot drug use in seniors...

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

If you say so...

I myself did not go to the Fox News academy on how to spot drug use in seniors...

You forgot to call me a fascist and/or a nazi for not being in lockstep with your left leaning opinion on your preferred candidate.  You really want to call me a Conservative and/or MAGA Republican even though you know I'm not.  You know more about Faux News these days than I do, yet you use it like an insult.

I don't ignore the obvious signs of major decline of a guy who I've watched on television many times over the last few decades.

Both of them. 

Neither geriatric is anywhere near what they once were.  Fortunately for Biden, he started at a higher point as far as intellect goes.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

You forgot to call me a fascist and/or a nazi for not being in lockstep with your left leaning opinion on your preferred candidate.  You really want to call me a Conservative and/or MAGA Republican even though you know I'm not.  You know more about Faux News these days than I do, yet you use it like an insult.

I don't ignore the obvious signs of major decline of a guy who I've watched on television many times over the last few decades.

Both of them. 

Neither geriatric is anywhere near what they once were.  Fortunately for Biden, he started at a higher point as far as intellect goes.

Here's the thing...I'm not ignoring anything. As people get older they tend to forget things. Biden has always struggled with stuttering, so that exacerbates the problem. However, that isn't the same thing as claiming that he can only function coherently if he is under the influence of drugs.

It's good that you note that both candidates are experiencing age-related decline, however I didn't see you suggest that semi-coherent Trump must be on drugs. Seems like despite your protests to the contrary, the majority of your criticism is directed squarely at Joe Biden. You're also on record saying you enjoy "getting a rise" out of the anti-Trump crowd. That's fine, but if your aim is to provoke a reaction, you shouldn't act surprised and offended when you get one.....

As far as the "Nazi" thing goes, you have me confused with someone else. All I'm doing here is calling out a couple of posters who seem to think they are medical professionals and that they "know" someone is on drugs, based on what they have seen on TV....

• Cheers 3