US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Gotta chuckle at the way MAGA media have painted themselves in a corner....

They've spent so much time over the past 4 years painting Joe Biden as a doddering old fool who doesn't know where he is most of the time, they're now faced with the the prospect of how to spin things if and when JB shows up at the debate and blows that narrative out of the water.....

Some of the tactics reek of desperation....

We've already seen and heard the "Biden is on drugs" narrative. That one seems to have already convinced a few people around here, but from what I have been able to find after looking through several reputable sources, very few outside of MAGA nation are lending that theory much (if any) credence.

Since it appears as though only the truly gullible are falling for the drug theory, the GQP is taking another tack. They're per-emptively blaming the refs.

Already we've seen Republican operatives such as Trump Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, Speaker Mike Johnson and the Howler Monkey herself, MTG, attacking CNN moderators Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. Echoing the planet's biggest liar, all of these professional ass-kissers are claiming that CNN will somehow "rig" the debate....:classic_rolleyes:

Never mind that the debate rules have been public knowledge for quite a while, the Repugs seem to feel they need a ready made excuse, in case Orange Julius Geezer doesn't dominate against the supposedly "cognitively impaired" Joe Biden.

So far, we have "The other team is going to cheat" and "The refs are going to favor the other team"......I'm guessing the only thing remaining is for Trump and his proxies, no matter how badly he performs, to claim "absolute victory".....

Bet on it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They've spent so much time over the past 4 years painting Joe Biden as a doddering old fool who doesn't know where he is most of the time, they're now faced with the the prospect of how to spin things if and when JB shows up at the debate and blows that narrative out of the water.....

Some of the tactics reek of desperation....

We've already seen and heard the "Biden is on drugs" narrative. That one seems to have already convinced a few people around here, but from what I have been able to find after looking through several reputable sources, very few outside of MAGA nation are lending that theory much (if any) credence.

Since it appears as though only the truly gullible are falling for the drug theory, the GQP is taking another tack. They're per-emptively blaming the refs.

Already we've seen Republican operatives such as Trump Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, Speaker Mike Johnson and the Howler Monkey herself, MTG, attacking CNN moderators Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. Echoing the planet's biggest liar, all of these professional ass-kissers are claiming that CNN will somehow "rig" the debate....:classic_rolleyes:

Never mind that the debate rules have been public knowledge for quite a while, the Repugs seem to feel they need a ready made excuse, in case Orange Julius Geezer doesn't dominate against the supposedly "cognitively impaired" Joe Biden.

So far, we have "The other team is going to cheat" and "The refs are going to favor the other team"......I'm guessing the only thing remaining is for Trump and his proxies, no matter how badly he performs, to claim "absolute victory".....

Bet on it.

Personally, I think Trump should start taking his meds.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Pretty sure Joe has done a fine job of that himself, no help needed from anyone

13 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Pretty sure Joe has done a fine job of that himself, no help needed from anyone

If you say so.

The thing is, MAGA nation disagrees with your assessment, which is why they've been pushing lies  and doctored videos for the past several weeks. Now they've making excuses before the debates even take place.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

If you say so.

The thing is, MAGA nation disagrees with your assessment, which is why they've been pushing lies  and doctored videos for the past several weeks. Now they've making excuses before the debates even take place.

Right..right, must be some more of them 'doctored' videos the left is going on about

Definitely not like he routinely tries to shake hands with ghosts. Or falls up stairs. Or mumbles into the abyss.

Truly sad, and elder abuse that he's still be paraded around as president. He should be in a nursing home.

7 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Right..right, must be some more of them 'doctored' videos the left is going on about

Definitely not like he routinely tries to shake hands with ghosts. Or falls up stairs. Or mumbles into the abyss.

Truly sad, and elder abuse that he's still be paraded around as president. He should be in a nursing home.

And Trump belongs in Guantanamo Bay being tortured, but here we are. 

11 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Truly sad, and elder abuse that he's still be paraded around as president. He should be in a nursing home.\

"Edited". Not "doctored", at least not the ones I've seen.

As far as "nursing homes" go, there's only one candidate that I'm aware of who wears diapers....and it ain't Joe....

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

"Edited". Not "doctored", at least not the ones I've seen.

As far as "nursing homes" go, there's only one candidate that I'm aware of who wears diapers....and it ain't Joe....

Had to after his documented issues with successfully wiping his own ass.

trump-toiletpaper.gif

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Had to after his documented issues with successfully wiping his own ass.

trump-toiletpaper.gif

In football vernacular, we refer to that as, "a flag that nobody wants to pick up"......

• Haha 1

Both sides bad?????  This seems to indicate no.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/26/biden-pardons-veterans-military-law-gay-sex

Biden pardons thousands of US veterans convicted under law banning gay sex

President corrects ‘great injustice’ with clemency for military personnel ‘convicted simply for being themselves’

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Like 2

What the actual %^$%$#%$@%$$????????????????????????????

So now a wink wink, nudge nudge I'll give ya a bag of cash after the deal is done is now legal.  Of course the CON Justices voted for this.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-06-26/supreme-court-anti-corruption-law

Supreme Court wipes out anti-corruption law that bars officials from taking gifts for past favors

• ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

24 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

What the actual %^$%$#%$@%$$????????????????????????????

So now a wink wink, nudge nudge I'll give ya a bag of cash after the deal is done is now legal.  Of course the CON Justices voted for this.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-06-26/supreme-court-anti-corruption-law

Supreme Court wipes out anti-corruption law that bars officials from taking gifts for past favors

It's shameful that Clarence Thomas is using Thurgood Marshall's seat to enact all this travesty.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Both sides bad?????  This seems to indicate no.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/26/biden-pardons-veterans-military-law-gay-sex

Biden pardons thousands of US veterans convicted under law banning gay sex

President corrects ‘great injustice’ with clemency for military personnel ‘convicted simply for being themselves’

Will they vote for him though? I reckon some or many may still vote for SleepyDonnie 

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Moderator's name is Kyle Clark. Hopefully a major network snaps him up. That was a absolute masterclass in slapping down BS.

I enjoyed every damn second of this. 

Thank you for sharing it. 

Amazing. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Moderator's name is Kyle Clark. Hopefully a major network snaps him up. That was a absolute masterclass in slapping down BS.

Wonderful.:classic_laugh: +∞

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I enjoyed every damn second of this. 

Thank you for sharing it. 

Amazing. 

That last sentence/question can be asked of so many posters in some of these threads.  "Why do you talk to people like that?"  :classic_ninja:

(Not that they'd necessarily willing to - or be able to for that matter - answer the question.  :classic_ninja:)

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

That last sentence/question can be asked of so many posters in some of these threads.  "Why do you talk to people like that?"  :classic_ninja:

(Not that they'd necessarily willing to - or be able to for that matter - answer the question.  :classic_ninja:)

Because if it isn’t asked, then the Deplorables don’t get called for all their 2-Line offsides ‘in game’. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1