US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If Biden doesn't up his performance tonight, the Democrats very well may try.

He's had a couple moments where he started, but then he just ran out of steam and/or time.

I don’t think Biden will make it to August. They will do the switcheroo at the Convention. My guess is it will either be Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think Biden will make it to August. They will do the switcheroo at the Convention. My guess is it will either be Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama. 

It will be neither of those 2. 

It is gonna be Harris or they strawpoll her against some dem gonvernors. 

Don't think there is a strong senate candidate for the Dem there. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Biden will make it to election day.

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

It will be neither of those 2. 

It is gonna be Harris or they strawpoll her against some dem gonvernors. 

Don't think there is a strong senate candidate for the Dem there. 

They already tested Gavin Newsom a while back.  They went with Biden.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Put an "e" on Newsom.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hot damn Biden actually coming out spitting fire right now.

It's becoming an argument.  If old people can do one thing well, it's argue.  If Trump is smart, he tries to slow it down for this last half hour.

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They already tested Gavin Newsom a while back.  They went with Biden.

When? Newsom was never in any primaries. 

That said thinking more along the lines of Pritzker or Whitmer. Pritzker can probably make a good replacement. He got that business man credential going for him that plays well with the feed up conservatives. 

Just now, 24K said:

When? Newsom was never in any primaries. 

That said thinking more along the lines of Pritzker or Whitmer. Pritzker can probably make a good replacement. He got that business man credential going for him that plays well with the feed up conservatives. 

If you go back about 6 months on this thread, we were all talking about it.  Newsom went to several states and did some speeches and he started to veto some of the progressive bills that came to his desk.

He's even trending on Twitter right now with people talking about him replacing Biden because of that mini-experiment.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If you go back about 6 months on this thread, we were all talking about it.  Newsom went to several states and did some speeches and he started to veto some of the progressive bills that came to his desk.

He's even trending on Twitter right now with people talking about him replacing Biden because of that mini-experiment.

Well that ain't really a rejection. Like I said if you go against an incumbent you better know for sure you can win or else it is game over. 

Probably didn't feel he for sure can win at the time. Probably not easy to win either in the general if your from California as rest of the country hate Californian politicians. 

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Disappointed with Joe’s performance tonight. He needs to rally and finish off this debate on a strong note.

I'm shocked.  I thought he was going to do well.  He's also "glitching" too often. 

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm shocked.  I thought he was going to do well.  He's also "glitching" too often. 

Biden isn’t using all of his allotted time on some of these questions. Needs some Red Bull. 

Granted, I tuned in late, but I don't know WTF some people are watching....

Joe isn't killing it, but Trump is just spewing outright lies that only a complete moron would buy. "The best environmental numbers ever"? :classic_rolleyes:

An now he's calling Biden a liar? :picard:

• Vintage 1

I'm done with this shitshow of a 'debate'. Let's just call it what it is, a free platform for Trump to stand up there and tell blatant outrageous lies. No pushback on the most outrageous and egregious lies from the moderators... nothing. Why do they even have moderators if they're just going to let Trump stand their and bullshit through the entire thing? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been learned from 4 years of Trump in the White House, his trials, his convictions, his felon status, his rapist status, and the absolute fucking nerve that he just called BIDEN a liar??? Cannot listen to this shit anymore. I'm out.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Granted, I tuned in late, but I don't know WTF some people are watching....

Joe isn't killing it, but Trump is just spewing outright lies that only a complete moron would buy. "The best environmental numbers ever"? :classic_rolleyes:

An now he's calling Biden a liar? :picard:

Watch the replay.  Joe is doing a little better now, but he started off pretty poorly.