US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But I thought CNN was fake news? 😄

Who was calling CNN fake news?  I'm not a big fan of them myself, mostly because I don't like modern corporate news, but they aren't any faker than any of the others.  And more real than Faux News is.

• Cheers 1

BREAKING: CNN panics immediately after the presidential debate, says Democrats are now figuring out how to replace Biden before the election.

Holy s**t.

"Right now, it involves party strategists, it involves elected officials, it involves fundraisers, and they're having conversations about the president's performance, which they think was dismal..."

"Some of those conversations include, should we go to the White House and ask the president to step aside?"

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BREAKING: CNN panics immediately after the presidential debate, says Democrats are now figuring out how to replace Biden before the election.

Holy s**t.

"Right now, it involves party strategists, it involves elected officials, it involves fundraisers, and they're having conversations about the president's performance, which they think was dismal..."

"Some of those conversations include, should we go to the White House and ask the president to step aside?"

This is huge, especially coming from CNN. Who would the Democrats replace Biden with at this late date? The Vice President? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

This is huge, especially coming from CNN. Who would the Democrats replace Biden with at this late date? The Vice President? 

I called this months ago and was laughed at. Now it’s real and a thing. I said months ago they would switch Biden with Michelle Obama. I’m confident they will do it now. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Trump didn't even have any of his "gotcha" moments like he did during 2016 that the masses ate up. No "cause you'd be in jail", no real shots at Biden's condition, no heavy ad hom attacks. Yet he still won because Biden is a geriatric old man who just showed tens of millions of people he might not even make it to the election, health wise. That will be what people will remember. It was the biggest self own possible.

The way he acts, his mannerisms, etc remind me of someone at the very latter stages of their life. Like, a year to live if you're lucky kind of behavior.

If the Democrats don't replace him soon, Trump is going to win again.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I called this months ago and was laughed at. Now it’s real and a thing. I said months ago they would switch Biden with Michelle Obama. I’m confident they will do it now. 

Michelle already said there's no way that she would run.

They'll either try Newsom or possibly Hakeem Jeffries.  Whichever potential replacement that their super donors promise to throw huge sums of money at.

Don't forget, Joe has to agree before they do anything before their nominating convention. 

Biden is already in damage control mode...

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/cnn-debate-trump-biden-06-27-24#h_19057ff9732a03bf9e4b1ffb764e4b98

Speaking at a Democratic watch party shortly after leaving the debate venue, President Joe Biden homed in on falsehoods he claims former President Donald Trump parroted while the two faced off for more than 90 minutes.

“Looks folks, what’s gonna happen over the next couple of days, they’re gonna be out here fact-checking all of the things he said,” Biden said, his voice sounding more clear than it had on the debate stage in Atlanta.

“I can’t think of one thing he said that was true,” Biden added.

He told the crowd: “Look, we’re gonna beat this guy. We need to beat this guy.”

They responded with chants of: “We need you!”

Biden has been battling a cold in recent days, sources familiar with his debate preparations say. His voice sounded hoarse and raspy during the debate, even more so than usual.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mrs. Obama would be a great choice. Of Biden is no longer competent enough to be President though doesn’t the VP take over? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Mrs. Obama would be a great choice. Of Biden is no longer competent enough to be President though doesn’t the VP take over? 

If he steps down then yes. Kamala would be President until the election.  If he steps down though I don’t think she gets nominated to be VP for the next election. They will wipe her out too. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's not to that point.  Biden isn't on his deathbed unable to do his job.  Also, Kamala isn't in the party's good graces either.

Michelle Obama already ruled out ever running for president.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

200.gif

Surprise nomination

They need someone who can fire up their base in the swing states.  Hillary likely won't be able to.

That said, you know Hillary is on the phone right now doing her best to convince her party to run her...

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Anderson Cooper is ripping Kamala apart. I can’t believe this is happening…

She is apparently not liked by her party.  She blew up her political future a year into the term.

17 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They need someone who can fire up their base in the swing states.  Hillary likely won't be able to.

That said, you know Hillary is on the phone right now doing her best to convince her party to run her...

Dem would be dumb as hell to run Hillary.

They need another high profile female candidate. Their best chance now is to lean heavy into the abortion debate. 

Either way, this should be the nail in the coffin for Biden. 

Trump probably gonna skip next debate after this 'win' unless Biden drops out. 

This have nothing to do with anything but man you have to give it to Bernie for holding up way better in the noggin compared to either Trump or Biden when he is older than both of them. 

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Anderson Cooper is ripping Kamala apart. I can’t believe this is happening…

Wow eh? I actually was working tonight, a rarity in a non-election year for me, but I had to have a pencils down moment about Joe's meandering word salad of an answer that is now being replayed on every news cycle in the world. I don't think Biden should even remain in office NOW let alone run for re-election. Maybe I am over reacting, but I think without a line up change the Dem ticket is sunk.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Their best chance now is to lean heavy into the abortion debate. 

Abortion as an issue isn't among the top things deciding this race according to the pollsters. 

The economy (as far as inflation and whatnot) and illegal migration have been polling highest.  That's why Trump kept talking about them both whether he was asked to or not, especially illegal migration.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

This have nothing to do with anything but man you have to give it to Bernie for holding up way better in the noggin compared to either Trump or Biden when he is older than both of them. 

Bernie aged well mentally.  I don't know how he is these days though since he's pretty much kept a low profile.  I'd imagine he's still fairly sharp.