US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Wow eh? I actually was working tonight, a rarity in a non-election year for me, but I had to have a pencils down moment about Joe's meandering word salad of an answer that is now being replayed on every news cycle in the world. I don't think Biden should even remain in office NOW let alone run for re-election. Maybe I am over reacting, but I think without a line up change the Dem ticket is sunk.

Can they even do that at this point? 

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Wow eh? I actually was working tonight, a rarity in a non-election year for me, but I had to have a pencils down moment about Joe's meandering word salad of an answer that is now being replayed on every news cycle in the world. I don't think Biden should even remain in office NOW let alone run for re-election. Maybe I am over reacting, but I think without a line up change the Dem ticket is sunk.

That's the $50,000 question.  Will Biden escape this performance and salvage his campaign.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, 24K said:

Either way, this should be the nail in the coffin for Biden. 

Trump probably gonna skip next debate after this 'win' unless Biden drops out. 

This was the only debate scheduled.  People weren't even sure that this one was going to happen.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I didn't watch it live, just catching the highlights now. Holy crap. 

What's worse is, CNN is fact checking Biden's statements now too.  He lied plenty himself according to them.  Not as much as Trump, but it's closer than I thought it would be.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

What's worse is, CNN is fact checking Biden's statements now too.  He lied plenty himself according to them.  Not as much as Trump, but it's closer than I thought it would be.

Well, I already thought trump would win, this should seal it.

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Abortion as an issue isn't among the top things deciding this race according to the pollsters. 

The economy (as far as inflation and whatnot) and illegal migration have been polling highest.  That's why Trump kept talking about them both whether he was asked to or not, especially illegal migration.

It always is not a top issues but it drives turnout and end of day, high turnout mean way more likely Dems can win the general. 

As far as illegal migration, it should had been a slam dunk for Biden there after Trump forced GOP out of their own border bill and Biden doing what Trump wanted to do to begin with.

The fact Biden can't even counter that effectively shows he is weak.

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Bernie aged well mentally.  I don't know how he is these days though since he's pretty much kept a low profile.  I'd imagine he's still fairly sharp.

He was on some late night recently and he is still as sharp as ever. The guy aged like a fine wine mentally.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well, I already thought trump would win, this should seal it.

I really thought that with the restrictions in place, Joe had a chance to crush Trump.  I did not see this poor Biden performance coming.

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

This was the only debate scheduled.  People weren't even sure that this one was going to happen.

They agreed to two so was referring to that.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

It always is not a top issues but it drives turnout and end of day, high turnout mean way more likely Dems can win the general. 

As far as illegal migration, it should had been a slam dunk for Biden there after Trump forced GOP out of their own border bill and Biden doing what Trump wanted to do to begin with.

The fact Biden can't even counter that effectively shows he is weak.

I suppose we'll see in November.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

I really thought that with the restrictions in place, Joe had a chance to crush Trump.  I did not see this poor Biden performance coming.

Some sources say Biden has a cold but either way it is over for Biden.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Huh.  Even CNN earlier said only one was scheduled and Trump wasn't likely to agree to a second one.  Weird if true that 2 were agreed to.

Second being agreed to doesn't mean it is scheduled and Trump can always pull out so both statement can be true.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Can they even do that at this point? 

Dems should force Biden even if it has to be at gunpoint to release his delegates. Once he do that, the DNC can then hastily do fresh primaries or hash it out in the conventions. That said, they probably gonna lose one of the red state completely due to them applying draconian election law to get the replacement on the ballot.

• Like 1

Here is the thing.  Only Biden and TRUMP can decide of they stay or go.  There is no secretive back door mechanism for the party to make a change.  Also, delegates cannot vote for someone else on their own. 

The QOP closed that loophole during the last convention when there were some members telling delegates to vote their conscience.