US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't disagree about Joe, but I do disagree about Trump.

Time after time, he's confused Biden with Obama.....Haley with Pelosi....he even confused E Jean Carroll with his ex-wife, FFS....

I mean, people screw up names all the time. Pretty normal thing.

You show me anything like what Joe Biden was doing last night I'd agree more. But Trump was clear and coherent the whole time. Just says a lot of dumb shit 

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

I mean, people screw up names all the time. Pretty normal thing.

You show me anything like what Joe Biden was doing last night I'd agree more. But Trump was clear and coherent the whole time. Just says a lot of dumb shit 

We have seen many occasions where Trump just loses it and spews gibberish talking about sharks, batteries, dishwashers...

He may have won last night but the cognitive wars will continue.    Maybe Trump just had better drugs 🤣

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s probably better for the world that Biden’s advisors ‘run things’ than Trump’s ‘yes men’. 

If a ‘senior’ is surrounded by the most capable, then that insulates. 

If a crazy narcissist is surrounded by the most power-hungry incompetence, then? 

Ohh I agree. Mostly just poking fun at the current situation 

• Cheers 1

I dunno....the whole "Biden puppet" thing doesn't make much sense to me....

If what we saw last night was the real Joe Biden, there's zero chance that his "handlers" would have agreed to let him debate. They'd have known the results would be a disaster....

Joe is still making his own calls, but he'd probably be better off if the play calling was coming in from the sidelines.

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I dunno....the whole "Biden puppet" thing doesn't make much sense to me....

If what we saw last night was the real Joe Biden, there's zero chance that his "handlers" would have agreed to let him debate. They'd have known the results would be a disaster....

Joe is still making his own calls, but he'd probably be better off if the play calling was coming in from the sidelines.

Poor preparation on their part, or terrible execution on his part. 

Either way, still better than a potential Trump Presidency and having the worst people advising Trump. 

But most Canadians are far more critically thinking about govt than the US electorate. 

Assuming Canadians don’t elect PP. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Poor preparation on their part, or terrible execution on his part. 

Either way, still better than a potential Trump Presidency and having the worst people advising Trump. 

But most Canadians are far more critically thinking about govt than the US electorate. 

Assuming Canadians don’t elect PP. 

The one thing that has bugged me for ages is this narrative that the Right loves to push about a vote for Joe ultimately being a vote for President Kamala Harris....as though that prospect is somehow so horrifying that we'd be better off with Donald Trump, FFS.

The only reason anyone has ever been able to come up with when I ask, is that "She unpopular"....and some vague bullshit about some of he actions as a prosecutor....

If I was an American and it was Harris against Trump, it would take a nanosecond for me to make that decision....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

The one thing that has bugged me for ages is this narrative that the Right loves to push about a vote for Joe ultimately being a vote for President Kamala Harris....as though that prospect is somehow so horrifying that we'd be better off with Donald Trump, FFS.

The only reason anyone has ever been able to come up with when I ask, is that "She unpopular"....and some vague bullshit about some of he actions as a prosecutor....

If I was an American and it was Harris against Trump, it would take a nanosecond for me to make that decision....

Joe is too old and Harris isn’t the right colour as a woman. 

That’s the reason/excuse. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Joe is too old and Harris isn’t the right colour as a woman. 

That’s the reason/excuse. 

The sad thing is, even Nikki Haley was parroting that line....I kept hoping someone would answer, "Yeah, a woman of color would make shit President"....:classic_dry:

Edited by RupertKBD

22 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

We have seen many occasions where Trump just loses it and spews gibberish talking about sharks, batteries, dishwashers...

He may have won last night but the cognitive wars will continue.    Maybe Trump just had better drugs 🤣

He did test positive for Diet Coke.  Is Diet Coke similar to like a Red Bull?   🤔

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The sad thing is, even Nikki Haley was parroting that line....I kept hoping someone would answer, "Yeah, a woman of color would make shit President"....:classic_dry:

Colour aside, she's a horrific candidate to be President. Wish we as a society could get past colour, race, gender etc, and just look at the resume of a political figure. Wishful thinking, I know, but I dare to dream.....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Colour aside, she's a horrific candidate to be President. Wish we as a society could get past colour, race, gender etc, and just look at the resume of a political figure. Wishful thinking, I know, but I dare to dream.....

Why?

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

North America is 1/69 in non-white leaders. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trump and his donors would still pull the purse strings making her a puppet for the far right. 

It’s not really all that much ‘better’. 

Think about it. 

None of the stupid need for a revenge tour, or Russian influence. Ukraine might survive under her.