US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

39 minutes ago, Pears said:

It's already been proven he's a pedo since he was buddy buddy with Epstein and made frequent visits to his island. 1) How is he not in handcuffs and being held in a maximum security prison right now, and 2) Why in the hell is this not all over mainstream media????

If you are talking about the pedo post above.  It was proven false 8 years ago.  It was an attempt at extortion from a former producer of the Jerry Springer Show.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only person here who remembers it... lol

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/07/donald-trump-sexual-assault-lawsuits-norm-lubow

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If you are talking about the pedo post above.  It was proven false 8 years ago.  It was an attempt at extortion from a former producer of the Jerry Springer Show.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only person here who remembers it... lol

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/07/donald-trump-sexual-assault-lawsuits-norm-lubow

His name is literally on the Epstein lists. Regardless, if that country wants any chance of restoring the smallest iota of hope Trump needs to be put in jail for the rest of his life. 

48 minutes ago, Pears said:

His name is literally on the Epstein lists. Regardless, if that country wants any chance of restoring the smallest iota of hope Trump needs to be put in jail for the rest of his life. 

Stephen Hawking, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton are also on the same list.  There's more well known names, but those are the first 3 that popped in my head.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Trump, but I keep going back to the fact that those 2 really hated each other for quite a few years after Trump screwed Epstein over on an 8 figure real estate deal.

If Epstein had something on Trump, I can't imagine that it wouldn't have found it's way public long ago.  Especially if the recording rumours are true.

Is it possible that Gore, Hillary, and Hawking were pedos?  Yes.  Well, maybe not Hawking since the man could barely move a muscle.  Is it likely that they are all pedos?  Probably not.

Edited by Sabrefan1

Half of the Democratic party is really beginning a smear campaign against Biden by leaking stories to the press.  They better tread lightly though because there's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube if he continues to receive donations from his donors and refuses to quit.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-cognitive-decline-six-month-debate-donald-trump-carl-bernstein-1919946

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/03/us/politics/biden-campaign-democrats.html

Biden has an interview with ABC this Friday and if he does well with it and hammers into Trump hard enough, his reputation could begin to bounce back.  Then he could go on a little revenge tour of his own.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-joe-biden-sit-abc-news-friday-interview/story?id=111618360

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Oklahoma official says Steve Bannon is in jail because schools don't teach the Bible

https://www.rawstory.com/ryan-walters-bible/

Something, something...Priest/pastor charged with sexually assaulting kids.  

• Cheers 1

Two governors confronting extreme heat take opposite approaches to safety rules

Florida and California both suffer from a high number of heat-related fatalities, but their approaches to protecting workers are vastly different.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/03/florida-california-heat-protections-workers-00166374

LOS ANGELES – In California, employers will soon have to provide water and air conditioned areas for workers when temperatures inside warehouses rise above 82 degrees. When it goes above 87, workers will get shorter shifts and personal cooling fans.

In Florida, when a 95-degree sun bears down on farmworkers, local governments are actually prohibited from making employers supply water or a break in the shade.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump hasn't won yet.  This country has a short attention span.  Also, if the donors abandon Biden, he could end up stepping aside.

if Biden steps aside...isnt Kamala even less popular than him? ..do the dems have anyone in the wings that can beat trump at this point?

1 hour ago, Toni Zamboni said:

if Biden steps aside...isnt Kamala even less popular than him? ..do the dems have anyone in the wings that can beat trump at this point?

From what Ive heard if Biden steps aside Kamala is the only real option to replace him and they dont believe she will fair better than Biden. Democrats are in hot water. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Toni Zamboni said:

The only person who polls well against Trump is Michelle Obama.  That also depends on the poll.  There have been polls that have said she's behind and others like the recent Reuters poll that say she's well ahead of Trump.

Thing is, Hillary Clinton polled well against Trump up until the actual election that she lost handily in the close swing states.

People and the news concentrate on nationwide polls when they should be concentrating on the swing states.  That's where the presidency will be won or lost.

Trump has been leading in the swing states for a while now.

Edited by Sabrefan1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The only person who polls well against Trump is Michelle Obama.  That also depends on the poll.  There have been polls that have said she's behind and others like the recent Reuters poll that say she's well ahead of Trump.

Thing is, Hillary Clinton polled well against Trump up until the actual election that she lost handily in the close swing states.

People and the news concentrate on nationwide polls when they should be concentrating on the swing states.  That's where the presidency will be won or lost.

Not to discount your point about swing states but as regards the Ipsos/Reuters poll you’re referring to it should be noted the Kamala Harris polled within the margin of error to be ahead of Trump.

My only point here is that she polled better than I thought she would and better than some are giving her credit for.

IMG_1618.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If Michelle did run, it would really bring out the bat shit craziness. That might really freak out independent voters and hand her a big win.

50 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Self-inflicted hot water.  Oh no, Biden is old.

The other guy:

unindicted co-conspirator in multiple criminal trials.

3 x indicted facing multiple felony charges.

34 x convicted felon.

numerous sexual assault accusations

name is all over Epstein documents.

multiple time fraudster (NY case and his university case)

civilly liable sexual assault

were he an average citizen, he would FAIL to gain security or top secret clearance.

and so on

AND ALSO OLD.  Read his rambling crap about the shark and electric boats.  Tell me that isn't the rambling of an old guy who is losing it.

Not hoping for trump to win, Biden looked mentally unfit during the debate and created real concern among the international community as well. The election is in 5 months, was always going to be a close election but the tides have seemed to shift. 

56 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Self-inflicted hot water.  Oh no, Biden is old.

The other guy:

unindicted co-conspirator in multiple criminal trials.

3 x indicted facing multiple felony charges.

34 x convicted felon.

numerous sexual assault accusations

name is all over Epstein documents.

multiple time fraudster (NY case and his university case)

civilly liable sexual assault

were he an average citizen, he would FAIL to gain security or top secret clearance.

and so on

AND ALSO OLD.  Read his rambling crap about the shark and electric boats.  Tell me that isn't the rambling of an old guy who is losing it.

Voters want to punish incumbents. Story around the world right now. Doesn't matter what the other guy does. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, 24K said:

Voters want to punish incumbents. Story around the world right now. Doesn't matter what the other guy does. 

Yup.  This topic was actually the focus of an article on The Conversation.

https://theconversation.com/justin-trudeaus-bleak-poll-numbers-are-part-of-a-global-trend-as-young-voters-reject-incumbents-233429

IMO....Michelle Obama needs to be drafted by the Dems.....this is for the most important time in USA history, and 4 more years puts Trump at too old.....and there is a good chance she can call those same voters to elect Dems in the House and Senate.

IMO, she is the only one that can do that.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe

Just maybe this is NOT a made up story...

It's not made up at all. It's genuinely terrifying how freaks like this piece of shit not only get to roam free, but run for the god damn presidency? That country lost the plot when they didn't put trump in prison for life after his failed coup attempt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Not to discount your point about swing states but as regards the Ipsos/Reuters poll you’re referring to it should be noted the Kamala Harris polled within the margin of error to be ahead of Trump.

My only point here is that she polled better than I thought she would and better than some are giving her credit for.

IMG_1618.jpeg

No doubt.  As far as margin of error is concerned, everybody but MO polls within the +/- 3 of Trump including Pritzker.  Going by margin of error, everyone named here could be beating or in Pritzker's case, tied with Trump.

However I doubt Pritzker is tied with him.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1