US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

34 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It was easy to tell that he was a conservative Trumper.  That's why I was hoping that he wasn't too stringent on fact checking his retweet and that was AI or selectively edited.

It's not AI.  It's all over Twitter and nobody has debunked it.  It was an interview with a Philadelphia radio station.  This is an account I follow with over a million followers that also posted it.  

In fairness to Biden, I think what he was trying to say was that he served with the first black President and first black Vice President, but if you listen to it, he stumbles and it comes out wrong...

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's not AI.  It's all over Twitter and nobody has debunked it.  It was an interview with a Philadelphia radio station.  This is an account I follow with over a million followers that also posted it.  

In fairness to Biden, I think what he was trying to say was that he served with the first black President and first black Vice President, but if you listen to it, he stumbles and it comes out wrong...

b90ff0ffbbf52b13b564ef1fc5db6b71.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gotta wonder what was going through the Democrat's heads when they decided Joe was the only one that could beat Trump. But then again who were the other candidates. A shame no one stepped up, the lack of leadership there could very well be their downfall.

That being said, even if Biden is a vegetable by November, he is the lesser of two evils by far IMO.

2 hours ago, DSVII said:

Gotta wonder what was going through the Democrat's heads when they decided Joe was the only one that could beat Trump. But then again who were the other candidates. A shame no one stepped up, the lack of leadership there could very well be their downfall.

That being said, even if Biden is a vegetable by November, he is the lesser of two evils by far IMO.

It lays at the feet of Joe.  He could have pulled a Johnson, giving room for people like Newsom to actually campaign.  This is due to the long standing tradition of not really challenging an incumbent who is seeking re-election.  Only non-serious candidates would dare.  That's what we got this primary season.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 11:28 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

You go on to YouTube videos as your post in response to your parroting of social media?!  Who's the less knowledgeable one now?

Do yourself a huge favour and put me on ignore.  Nobody ever takes my advice when I ask them to put me on ignore, but I really hope that you become the first.

If you do, you'll be happier that way and won't have to put up with a bast*rd Nazi/fascist like me who isn't in lockstep with your belief system

You literally live your entire life in this specific social media forum, desperately trying to shove your obviously bad and wrong opinions on everyone who posts here. Look how many posts you have here. You're trying to control the narrative by spamming endless posts to everyone you don't like. Go ahead and block me if I trigger you so much. 

Edited by andrea84
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, andrea84 said:

You literally live your entire life in this specific social media forum, desperately trying to shove your obviously bad and wrong opinions on everyone who posts here. Look how many posts you have here. You're trying to control the narrative by spamming endless posts to everyone you don't like. Go ahead and block me if I trigger you so much. 

Either be respectful to fellow Members or be shown the exit. 

50 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

🧐

The Liberal caucus leader in Canada and Trudeau essentially said the same thing.

We're looking at a future with Trump and a super majority and Pierre with a super majority in North America 

Just...you know awesome 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s a blanket statement my friend.

It goes for everyone. 

@Sabrefan1 knows me and how I Moderate. 

Rest assured. 

2 hours ago, andrea84 said:

Tell that to Sabrefan than also. Look at what they are saying to me. 

Yes. I talk to people, I don't try and publicly denigrate them and/or put them down from out of left field for little to no reason.  That's why I'm never in danger of getting suspended or banned.

I also know when it's best to take any issue with someone into a private conversation through DM's.

Public actions have consequences.

Edited by Sabrefan1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

🧐

He's not wrong...  🤦‍♂️🤣

The Democrats crushed his Democratic opposition for no good reason.  He's the only person who is still technically in the race and he got to choose his own loyal delegates who are unlikely to turn on him.

Oh well.  He still has a chance to win.  Just not a good chance right now.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

🧐

Also, I tried to find a picture or video of Duke from the old 80's cartoon, GI Joe, where he shouts, "Go Joe" because for some reason that popped in my head and tickled my funny bone.  🤣

Edited by Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like the money is drying up…

That explains the multiple tweets from his X account.  He needs to rally the donors and the only way to do that is by stabilizing and then boosting his poll numbers.

If the money dries up, his campaign will be on life support and then he and his team will have to decide whether or not to pull the plug.

16 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The Liberal caucus leader in Canada and Trudeau essentially said the same thing.

We're looking at a future with Trump and a super majority and Pierre with a super majority in North America 

Just...you know awesome 

I'd suggest that watching Drumpf, if he becomes gets the presidency, again, will be enough to convince folk that the Liberals in Canada are still the best choice up here.

U.S. decides this November, while the Canadian election can be as far away as Oct. of next year.

Plenty of time to see what happened.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'd suggest that watching Drumpf, if he becomes gets the presidency, again, will be enough to convince folk that the Liberals in Canada are still the best choice up here.

U.S. decides this November, while the Canadian election can be as far away as Oct. of next year.

Plenty of time to see what happened.

It night help steer people from Skippy, but we still need JT to step aside imo.

Now that Skippy is openly pandering to the evangelicals, we should be very concerned about what he'll try to do up here with basic rights, since he follows the US playbook so closely in his messaging.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Upvote 1

A corpse is better than Trump.

There is no way to spin it that Trump would be better...

He is an 'existential threat to democracy'.

He has so little to offer and he is a good candidate for trying to become Americas first dictator. 

I'm not talking about predicting who will win, I'm not talking about if the US system could defend from a dude that might try to become said dictator...so dont worry.

I'm talking about why would they risk it?

The US always wants to fight, now with itself, for no F'ing good reason at all. One of the best places in the world, the biggest powerhouse and there is talk of revolution boiling out of the basements, churches, and backwoods.

In the words of Tom Keifer....'You dont know what you got (till its gone)'

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

How the F are you confused bud?

Its my opinion Mastermind, shared by a few. 

If i was unclear use your words with me. Thank you. 

• Cheers 2