US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

How the F are you confused bud?

Its my opinion Mastermind, shared by a few. 

If i was unclear use your words with me. Thank you. 

He's an 'existential threat to democracy' despite having been President before, and democracy still existing? Doesn't add up, sounds like a reach to me.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to react to it.

• Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

He's an 'existential threat to democracy' despite having been President before, and democracy still existing? Doesn't add up, sounds like a reach to me.

You either aren't paying attention to recent US court rulings, or you like the rulings. My guess is it's the latter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

So you are not confused.

It's been your style for years. I see it as a real weakness for a guy that seems to be able to provide good content. You just have to 'bag' on opinions.

I could give you rebuttals to your points. 

-he didn't conceed...

-some off hand comments he's made

-people that know politics better than me, some that know Trump himself, have similar concerns.

To boil down my post that confused you so much, my point was...

Why would the US risk it?

See, we had a bit of a discussion on a discussion board.

I'm not sure if there are any sites you might be happier at, that mostly communicate via emojis?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So you are not confused.

It's been your style for years. I see it as a real weakness for a guy that seems to be able to provide good content. You just have to 'bag' on opinions.

I could give you rebuttals to your points. 

-he didn't conceed...

-some off hand comments he's made

-people that know politics better than me, some that know Trump himself, have similar concerns.

To boil down my post that confused you so much, my point was...

Why would the US risk it?

See, we had a bit of a discussion on a discussion board.

I'm not sure if there are any sites you might be happier at, that mostly communicate via emojis?

Look, I don't think he's a good candidate either, and there's plenty to not like about him.

However I think some comments are unnecessary exaggerations, such as the one you made, when there's already enough to criticize. Hard to take those types of statements seriously. Reeks of fear mongering.

You're welcome to believe it, but don't be surprised when others have different reactions to it.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

13 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Look, I don't think he's a good candidate either, and there's plenty to not like about him.

However I think some comments are unnecessary exaggerations, such as the one you made, when there's already enough to criticize. Hard to take those types of statements seriously. Reeks of fear mongering.

You're welcome to believe it, but don't be surprised when others have different reactions to it.

Look, It's good to see you are not confused.

I dont mind that you think my comments are exaggerations.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Putting Trump's personal flaws as a candidate aside.

I'm wondering what your level of concern is then on his plans to purge the government and staff it with loyalists and become an authoritarian with the help of the Supreme Court and Project 2025. 

He was president in 2016 and power transitioned, yes. But he still tried a Jan 6 coup. Another reason democracy continued neither he nor the Republicans were expecting to beat hillary and a lot of their extremist tendencies were held in check by the institutions that were still staffed with professionals. That still didn't stop trump from crippling the State department.

The playbook with 2025 is to fire them all and replace them with yes men so his more draconian measures can go through. These are the same folks that have worked decades to get Roe V Wade reversed so they're pretty skilled technocrats that can find loopholes to get these things done.

This is a serious threat. And I'd be shouting the same alarm bells if Biden woke up tomorrow and decided to outlaw private property and place everyone in anarchist communes.  

Edited by DSVII
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

How soon you forget or diminish election denial and January 6th.   Democracy exists  largely because he did not (fully) get way with all he tried to do.  I do not wish to see what might happen in a second term.  React away....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

How soon you forget or diminish election denial and January 6th.   Democracy exists  largely because he did not (fully) get way with all he tried to do.  I do not wish to see what might happen in a second term.  React away....

Democracy existed because Pence decided not to get in the car.

https://www.newsweek.com/pence-refusing-get-secret-service-car-jan-6-chilling-raskin-1700341

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently, Biden had a medical emergency on Air Force One.  It's all over Twitter.  He had a panic attack, or a heart issue.  He went into atrial fibrillation and had to be given medication for his heart.

That has been debunked.  It was  right wing propaganda.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently, Biden had a medical emergency on Air Force One.  It's all over Twitter.  He had a panic attack, or a heart issue.  He went into atrial fibrillation and had to be given medication for his heart.

FACT FOCUS: Online Reports Falsely Claim Biden Suffered a ‘Medical Emergency’ on Air Force One

False reports that President Joe Biden had a “medical emeregency” while traveling on Air Force One Friday circulated widely on social media after he arrived home in Delaware after a campaign stop in Wisconsin

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2024-07-06/fact-focus-online-reports-falsely-claim-biden-suffered-a-medical-emergency-on-air-force-one

• Thanks 1

'Week from hell': Trump shared QAnon, lobbed 'treason' accusations as media dogged Biden

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-week-from-hell/

While the beltway media spent the last week haranguing President Joe Biden over his lackluster performance in the CNN presidential debate, former President Donald Trump largely got a pass despite several days of shenanigans that Rolling Stone described as a "week from hell."

In a Friday article, Rolling Stone reporters Tom Dickinson and Asawin Suebsaeng summed up how the former president exhibited increasingly unhinged behavior while the press scrutinized Biden's debate mistakes.

On his Truth Social platform, Trump posted a meme of him and his wife, Melania, with the text "Where We Go One We Go All" – the slogan of the far-right cult QAnon.

The graphic also featured the letter Q, in another nod to the conspiracy theorist movement that Trump is secretly battling a cabal of wealthy elite pedophiles and will one day bring them to justice (also known as "the storm").

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, Biden needs to be given the questions in advance in order to properly conduct an interview?

You picked the tweet that started 'FRAUDULENT' I see (all the while ignoring all the responses to the last Twitter based post you made).

This one could have started 'questionable common campaign practices used by all parties' but that would not have been as sensational.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/06/politics/biden-radio-interview-questions/index.html

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't know you, so I can't reasonably assess your intelligence, but to mindlessly parrot claims without checking for their accuracy demonstrates an intellectual laziness that frustrates all who always seek to verify whether or not some wild claim is actually true. Blindly accepting the word of someone with a documented history of lies and half-truths (it was Laura Loomer who first made the claim about Biden on Air Force One) is even lazier. Be better; verify before you post.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

You picked the tweet that started 'FRAUDULENT' I see (all the while ignoring all the responses to the last Twitter based post you made).

This one could have started 'questionable common campaign practices used by all parties' but that would not have been as sensational.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/06/politics/biden-radio-interview-questions/index.html

Questionable practices?   🤣

He was literally given the questions to the interview beforehand and then got to pick which ones he wanted to answer. And still fumbled his way through the interview. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No he didn't. It was nothing more than a lie tweeted, doubled and quadrupled down on by nobody else but..... Loony Laura Loomer. Biden had been on the ground in Delaware for 30 minutes before the dipshit MAGAtwat tweeted out her lies. FFS,  the woman makes a bloody living feeding lies and conspiracy theories to the gullible.  Just wondering what that makes YOU?

Edited by Cerridwen
Sp
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Questionable practices?   🤣

He was literally given the questions to the interview beforehand and then got to pick which ones he wanted to answer. And still fumbled his way through the interview. 

Sad Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't know you, so I can't reasonably assess your intelligence, but to mindlessly parrot claims without checking for their accuracy demonstrates an intellectual laziness that frustrates all who always seek to verify whether or not some wild claim is actually true. Blindly accepting the word of someone with a documented history of lies and half-truths (it was Laura Loomer who first made the claim about Biden on Air Force One) is even lazier. Be better; verify before you post.

There are several people who are claiming this story to be true.

Also, you believed for years that Joe Biden was not in any mental decline because these same people who say this story is false told you that right? 

• Desmenko 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Also, you believed for years that Joe Biden was not in any mental decline because these same people who say this story is false told you that right? 

Who??? 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Answered the question I asked you in my post regarding the lie about this 'medical emergency'. Sadly.... for you.... the answer was GULLIBLE AS HELL! 😂

Edited by Cerridwen

4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

No he didn't. It was nothing more than a lie tweeted, doubled and quadrupled down on by nobody else but..... Loony Laura Loomer. Biden had been on the ground in Delaware for 30 minutes before the dipshit MAGAtwat tweeted out her lies. FFS,  the woman makes a bloody living feeding lies and conspiracy theories to the gullible.  Just wondering what that makes YOU?

And you believed the lies that CNN told you for 2 years that Biden was in a perfect mental state right?  You know, the same news network that is now telling you he has dementia and needs to resign from office? 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Also, you believed for years that Joe Biden was not in any mental decline

perhaps because for years Joe was not in mental decline?

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And you believed the lies that CNN told you for 2 years that Biden was in a perfect mental state right?  You know, the same news network that is now telling you he has dementia and needs to resign from office? 

I haven't watched CNN in 10 years.... try again, Mr. Gullible