US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nothing gullible about me. The media are in full panic mode right now trying to get Biden to resign. So a medical emergency on Air Force One wouldn’t surprise me at all given his rapidly deteriorating condition. 

Oh please, you've been demonstrating it since you posted the ridiculous lie about Biden's alleged 'medical emergency'!  😂

You just keep confirming and reconfirming that gullibility and willful ignorance with each and every post!  😂 Aren't you getting dizzy yet with all this spinning you're doing?

Edited by Cerridwen
clarity
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the video where the person who did the interview and said she gave the White House the questions beforehand is now fake?

I have not disputed that it happened nor defended it.   When it happens again I will neither dispute it nor defend it.   And it will happen again.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I didn't click on the vid but this is common practice for a lot of interviews, sadly.

Joe is old and looking bad if you need to hear that. 

However fruadulent' is a sensational phrase for what happens very often in high profile interviews. 

Usually 'stars' will send along what questions can't be asked... some go further and demand control of the script, which Joe's folks may have asked.  

I didn’t write the tweet. The interview on CNN was what I wanted to post. So not sure why you and others are getting hung up on what was actually said in the tweet. 

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Also, you believed for years that Joe Biden was not in any mental decline because these same people who say this story is false told you that right

How tf do you have any idea what I believe? Project much? And you know, here's something fair and balanced people do: they listen to several conflicting points of view, then choose to accept the view that the preponderance of evidence supports. In this case, no CREDIBLE evidence exists to support the assertion that Joe Biden had a medical emergency on AF1. None. So stop reporting it as fact because neither you nor anyone else can prove he had a medical emergency. And I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had also bought the MAGA line that Hillary was suffering from catastrophic health issues during her run for president. You do know it's a GOP strategy to claim their opponents are too sick to govern, don't you?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

How tf do you have any idea what I believe? Project much? And you know, here's something fair and balanced people do: they listen to several conflicting points of view, then choose to accept the view that the preponderance of evidence supports. In this case, no CREDIBLE evidence exists to support the assertion that Joe Biden had a medical emergency on AF1. None. So stop reporting it as fact because neither you nor anyone else can prove he had a medical emergency. And I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had also bought the MAGA line that Hillary was suffering from catastrophic health issues during her run for president. You do know it's a GOP strategy to claim their opponents are too sick to govern, don't you?

I never claimed it to be a fact. I said “apparently” in my post. Do you understand the meaning of that word? 

You use apparently to indicate that the information you are giving is something that you have heard, but you are not certain that it is true

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently, Biden had a medical emergency on Air Force One.  It's all over Twitter.  He had a panic attack, or a heart issue.  He went into atrial fibrillation and had to be given medication for his heart.

• chaos 1

I didn’t write the tweet. The interview on CNN was what I wanted to post. So not sure why you and others are getting hung up on what was actually said in the tweet. 

It's news.  It's interesting.  It happens all the time.   I just chimed in due to the use of the capitalized word fraudulent in the tweet.  That made it a one sided opinion piece rather than news.  If you go back to my first post on the subject that was my point.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

He's an 'existential threat to democracy' despite having been President before, and democracy still existing? Doesn't add up, sounds like a reach to me.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to react to it.

So, your position is that he wasn't able to pull it off the first time around, so nobody should be concerned that he might succeed given a second chance? :classic_huh:

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DSVII said:

Putting Trump's personal flaws as a candidate aside.

I'm wondering what your level of concern is then on his plans to purge the government and staff it with loyalists and become an authoritarian with the help of the Supreme Court and Project 2025. 

He was president in 2016 and power transitioned, yes. But he still tried a Jan 6 coup. Another reason democracy continued neither he nor the Republicans were expecting to beat hillary and a lot of their extremist tendencies were held in check by the institutions that were still staffed with professionals. That still didn't stop trump from crippling the State department.

The playbook with 2025 is to fire them all and replace them with yes men so his more draconian measures can go through. These are the same folks that have worked decades to get Roe V Wade reversed so they're pretty skilled technocrats that can find loopholes to get these things done.

This is a serious threat. And I'd be shouting the same alarm bells if Biden woke up tomorrow and decided to outlaw private property and place everyone in anarchist communes.  

Another thing that seems to get overlooked by the "unconcerned" crowd is that in Trump's first term he had to worry somewhat about re-election. This time around, he would be under no such constraints.

With the items you pointed out, a second Trump presidency would be far more dangerous than the first one was.....

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never claimed it to be a fact. I said “apparently” in my post. Do you understand the meaning of that word? 

You use apparently to indicate that the information you are giving is something that you have heard, but you are not certain that it is true

Yeah but Petey….consider the source before saying “apparently”. 

I mean Laura Loomer? Come on if the President had a medical emergency on Air Force One any number of reputable journalists would have reported it but somehow Laura Loomer breaks the story?

You’re just spreading misinformation and using the Senator Mike Lee defence after getting caught.

IMG_1628.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I didn't think you wrote the tweet. I am not getting hung up.

Just disscussing stuff EP. Things I have learned from interviewing. I was once an A&M musician. Publicists would try to protect us from bad press, by controlling everything they could.

I always have lyrics in my head, convo's these days remind me of these from Aesop Rock...

She says, "I'm not your enemy."
I said, "That sounds like something that my enemy would say."
Instead of playing off the chemistry
She said, "You're being difficult." I said, "I'm being guarded"

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Except, as shown above by your follow up posts, you double/ triple/ quadrupled down on it when told it was debunked, and went into deflection mode, spinning it into CNN and Fox also lie. Finally, you grasped upon the word 'apparently' as your final salvation, neglecting the fact that you had already dug in your heels instead of just saying "oops, my bad, I'll verify next time"

Watch out, or else there'll be a steak dinner held with a bunch of experts who will provide the required "proof" and" evidence". :hurhur:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DSVII said:

Putting Trump's personal flaws as a candidate aside.

I'm wondering what your level of concern is then on his plans to purge the government and staff it with loyalists and become an authoritarian with the help of the Supreme Court and Project 2025. 

He was president in 2016 and power transitioned, yes. But he still tried a Jan 6 coup. Another reason democracy continued neither he nor the Republicans were expecting to beat hillary and a lot of their extremist tendencies were held in check by the institutions that were still staffed with professionals. That still didn't stop trump from crippling the State department.

The playbook with 2025 is to fire them all and replace them with yes men so his more draconian measures can go through. These are the same folks that have worked decades to get Roe V Wade reversed so they're pretty skilled technocrats that can find loopholes to get these things done.

This is a serious threat. And I'd be shouting the same alarm bells if Biden woke up tomorrow and decided to outlaw private property and place everyone in anarchist communes.  

I appreciate the detailed response, but my concern level is low.

I think there's been so much propaganda out there for so many years it makes things seem like they'll be much worse than it really will be, regardless of who wins.

If he wins I'm sure he'll do some things that some people don't like. But being a threat to democracy? That's too far of a bridge for me. Lobbying in and of itself is a bigger concern for me, and that's always in play.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We don’t have TV. So I should say (properly) it’s CNN.con that has so many negative Biden stories. 
Hopefully the Democrats figure out who to run quick because the world cannot have Trump again. I’m wondering if Newsom is the big money donor Democrat guy? 

I visit the CNN website fairly often and this is true. Ever since the debate, their coverage of Biden has been very negative.

The question is: Does this still make them "Fake News!"?

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, StrayDog said:

Elias Petterson, for one.

It's his thing.....intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.....

Pretend not to be a Trump fan, yet constantly post anything and everything he can that paints Biden in a negative light. Then when caught out for posting from bullshit sources, claim he was "just posting what he heard"....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I visit the CNN website fairly often and this is true. Ever since the debate, their coverage of Biden has been very negative.

The question is: Does this still make them "Fake News!"?

CNN. Do you know about CNN? Very wonderful people, so smart. They called me the other day and they said "Sir, we think you did an amazing, amazing and wonderful job as president and we want you to know we support you all the way". Very smart people over there at CNN

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Except, as shown above by your follow up posts, you double/ triple/ quadrupled down on it when told it was debunked, and went into deflection mode, spinning it into CNN and Fox also lie. Finally, you grasped upon the word 'apparently' as your final salvation, neglecting the fact that you had already dug in your heels instead of just saying "oops, my bad, I'll verify next time"

I never personally claimed it to be true. 

• Desmenko 1

39 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So, your position is that he wasn't able to pull it off the first time around, so nobody should be concerned that he might succeed given a second chance? :classic_huh:

Parallels between the Beer Belly Putsch and the Beer Hall Putsch are pretty apparent; if this is one of those "what happens next" questions, the answer should be that we don't want to find out.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I appreciate the detailed response, but my concern level is low.

I think there's been so much propaganda out there for so many years it makes things seem like they'll be much worse than it really will be, regardless of who wins.

If he wins I'm sure he'll do some things that some people don't like. But being a threat to democracy? That's too far of a bridge for me. Lobbying in and of itself is a bigger concern for me, and that's always in play.

The apathy we are showing to Trump's lies is as big of a propaganda push as the Biden/Hillary stuff. Overload people's bandwidth with Trump's outrageous lies and they'll stop caring. We can't afford that. The bridge isn't too far IMO. Look to the Business plot of 1933 where business interests tried to oust FDR.  I am very concerned about populism, it is never good. It just happens this iteration of it is coming from the extreme right.

And for sure I agree with lobbying, the US at this point is basically an oligarchy. Trump's regime is the end result of unleashing all that dark money in 2010 by the Supreme court.

As they said, the Price of Freedom/Democracy is eternal vigilance. We've seen this plot play out in the 1930s even in the USA, I think it is in everyone's interests to keep an eye on this and be informed.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yeah but Petey….consider the source before saying “apparently”. 

I mean Laura Loomer? Come on if the President had a medical emergency on Air Force One any number of reputable journalists would have reported it but somehow Laura Loomer breaks the story?

You’re just spreading misinformation and using the Senator Mike Lee defence after getting caught.

IMG_1628.jpeg

Besides which, using the word "apparently" doesn't convey doubt as to it's veracity. (Hence the root of the word: "Apparent")

The word to use would have been, "allegedly".....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

I never personally claimed it to be true. 

Very true, but you also have still not admitted that it was false. Instead you went with "other people said" and "CNN and Fox also lie". You never once took responsibility that you could be (gasp!) wrong....

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Watch out, or else there'll be a steak dinner held with a bunch of experts who will provide the required "proof" and" evidence". :hurhur:

Heck, even the guys down at the $60 car wash know that.....

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1