US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

25 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Ah, "staff meetings"......hence your claim that he's now "Chief of Staff".....gotcha....

Meanwhile the guy who previously occupied the position, put his unelected son-in-law in charge of several portfolios....I'm sure your outrage at the time was commensurate with the current situation....

That was insane.  And as was predictable, sonny boy ended up with a couple billion dollars for "business reasons".

I'm not a fan of Hunter Biden being an advisor now, but Jared Kushner had no business conducting foreign matters for the country and advising the POTUS.

Worst case scenario of Hunter being an advisor, he loses another laptop and/or they find another baggie of cocaine.  Not mine or the rest of the country's problem.

Jared Kushner on the other hand?  Sell the country and the western world further down the river to the highest bidder.

Thank God that Trump is on the outs with his daughter so we won't be seeing Kushner again if Trump wins.  Unless of course Ivanka "rekindles" her love for daddy...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If Trump wins do you legitimately believe there won't be an election in 2028? (Not criticizing/being snarky, generally curious)

If Drump wins in 2024; he will be assassinated long before 2028. I would bet money on that.

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If Trump wins do you legitimately believe there won't be an election in 2028? (Not criticizing/being snarky, generally curious)

I think the problem is that no one can be absolutely sure.   If the Democrats win I would have no doubt there would be a 2028 election but if Trump and project 2025 win Vegas would be posting different odds.

I think there probably would be an election....however, with the way Republicans have been stacking the deck with election board appointments, I'd be worried about shenanigans, should the result not favor the Republican candidate....

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think there probably would be an election....however, with the way Republicans have been stacking the deck with election board appointments, I'd be worried about shenanigans, should the result not favor the Republican candidate....

I'm not a big conspiracy guy but this is something I could see happening. Trump has been telling his sychophants that their election has been stolen from them for the last 3 1/2 years. I'm sure enough of them believe it, and believe that they would be justified in doing anything to right that wrong. Then, if trump wins, and their are voting irregularities discovered, and democrats call foul,  I'm sure we'll be told that the democrats did the exact same thing when republicans claimed the election was stolen, so they can ignore the whole thing anyway. It's literally their entire playbook. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That was insane.  And as was predictable, sonny boy ended up with a couple billion dollars for "business reasons".

I'm not a fan of Hunter Biden being an advisor now, but Jared Kushner had no business conducting foreign matters for the country and advising the POTUS.

Worst case scenario of Hunter being an advisor, he loses another laptop and/or they find another baggie of cocaine.  Not mine or the rest of the country's problem.

Jared Kushner on the other hand?  Sell the country and the western world further down the river to the highest bidder.

Thank God that Trump is on the outs with his daughter so we won't be seeing Kushner again if Trump wins.  Unless of course Ivanka "rekindles" her love for daddy...

I wonder if Billy advised Jimmy Carter on how to crush beers and pee on the Whitehouse lawn? 

• Haha 2

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/dead-heat-biden-ahead-or-tied-with-trump-in-2-new-post-debate-polls/ar-BB1pOGpZ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=6a8beeed24714a9ca2e7b018c7fe84f7&ei=43

"Two new just-released national polls taken well after the June 27 presidential debate show President Joe Biden tied with or one point ahead of Donald Trump. This comes after a new study released Wednesday found the presidential debate “had little if any impact” on voters’ preference, and showed President Biden retained more of his supporters than Donald Trump did.

The Washington Post-ABC News-Ipsos poll released Thursday morning “finds Biden and former president Donald Trump in a dead heat in the contest for the popular vote, with both candidates receiving 46 percent support among registered voters. Those numbers are nearly identical to the results of an ABC-Ipsos poll in April,” The Washington Post reported.

----------------------

mal

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah Biden is done. Who the fuck even approved him to do a solo press conference in front of the media?

This is going to be a promo add by Trump..,

Biden really has no choice but to do solo press conferences to salvage his campaign. 

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

17 minutes ago, 24K said:

Biden really has no choice but to do solo press conferences to salvage his campaign. 

He isn’t salvaging anything by calling Zelenskyy President Putin or Kamala Vice President Trump. He even said he is following the advice of his Commander in Chief. Biden is the CIC. 

He even pulled out a list of names of reporters and said he was told to call on those reporters. That’s not a good look and makes the press conference look scripted. 

I’m assuming the “elites” put him up to this to force him to prove he is cogent. It backfired spectacularly. Most likely they will 25th amendment him if he doesn’t resign and Kamala will take over. Hillary Clinton as supported by the “elites” will be the favourite to win the nomination. Even Biden acknowledged that the “elites” are in control. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Desmenko 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m assuming the “elites” put him up to this to force him to prove he is cogent. It backfired spectacularly.

How so? I watched the entire press conference. I saw an old guy who had a pretty good mastery of foreign policy, the economy, international trade, Gaza, Ukraine, Putin and more. What you saw was an old man.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He isn’t salvaging anything by calling Zelenskyy President Putin or Kamala Vice President Trump. He even said he is following the advice of his Commander in Chief. Biden is the CIC. 

He even pulled out a list of names of reporters and said he was told to call on those reporters. That’s not a good look and makes the press conference look scripted. 

I’m assuming the “elites” put him up to this to force him to prove he is cogent. It backfired spectacularly. Most likely they will 25th amendment him if he doesn’t resign and Kamala will take over. Hillary Clinton as supported by the “elites” will be the favourite to win the nomination. Even Biden acknowledged that the “elites” are in control. 

To be honest, other than calling Harris Trump, other two ain't really that big of an issue.

He called Zelensky Putin but immediately caught and corrected himself. 

He called his chief of staff his commander in chief which is pretty much what the chief of staff is to the president. The chief of staff is the President's commander in chief of his staff. He also immediately corrected himself there. 

Could had gone way worse. 

Edited by 24K