US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

He's 1 for 2 on today's public appearances.  He even started to ramble towards the end, but was able to realize that it was going nowhere good and stopped himself.  There's still hope for his candidacy.

14 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If the Republicans sweep, chances are they lose a legislative 2 years later in the mid-terms.  Historically, that's the trend.

Unfortunately, a lot of damage can be done in 2 years time.

If they sweep 

In that two years they'll complete the damage they were causing in their first run under Trump 

At which point your nation will have gotten exactly what it voted for 

Screw the wishes of your founding fathers and their ideals

Pro life 2a christian nationalism for all!

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

How so? I watched the entire press conference. I saw an old guy who had a pretty good mastery of foreign policy, the economy, international trade, Gaza, Ukraine, Putin and more. What you saw was an old man.

What I saw was an old man with dementia who called President Zelenskyy President Putin right to his face. I also saw an old man who called Trump his Vice President. Trump has already made a campaign ad on that one. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If they sweep 

In that two years they'll complete the damage they were causing in their first run under Trump 

At which point your nation will have gotten exactly what it voted for 

Screw the wishes of your founding fathers and their ideals

Pro life 2a christian nationalism for all!

Hopefully the right wing dysfunction that's been part and parcel of the Republicans lately will pop up in those years.

I wholeheartedly believe exactly what you wrote though.  You get what you vote for.  Live in a state and city that's soft on crime?  Vote better people in. 

Turn your nation into a Tea Party paradise?  You only have yourself to blame.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What I saw was an old man with dementia who called President Zelenskyy President Putin right to his face. I also saw an old man who called Trump his Vice President. Trump has already made a campaign ad on that one. 

Is it on Truth Social?

I only ask because I don't have an account and can't pick up videos from there because of it.

Edited by Sabrefan1
added 2nd sentence

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I guess all the time Trump has said the wrong names when referring to world leaders just hits different for some. Right wing media is a cesspool of hypocrisy. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's 1 for 2 on today's public appearances.  He even started to ramble towards the end, but was able to realize that it was going nowhere good and stopped himself.  There's still hope for his candidacy.

It should not be impressive having The President of the USA barley going 1 for 2 with the world watching. Good for you Joe, you only made one public embarrassment this time. Calling Zelensky Putin, calling his VP Trump. Being well spoken and clear headed should be the expectation, not the hope. 

It will just get worse as the race thickens. Trump would be mile behind with most anyone else. 

8 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I guess all the time Trump has said the wrong names when referring to world leaders just hits different for some. Right wing media is a cesspool of hypocrisy. 

Mixing up a name at one of his MAGA rallies that nobody watches is quite a bit different than calling Zelenskyy Putin right to his face on national tv with millions watching. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He’s chirping about it on Truth Social. Even Biden responded to it. I was half joking about the campaign ad but I’m sure it’s in the works. 

Biden should give the WH intern who tweeted that a raise.  😆

Trump floated that softy right over the plate...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vancan said:

It should not be impressive having The President of the USA barley going 1 for 2 with the world watching. Good for you Joe, you only made one public embarrassment this time. Calling Zelensky Putin, calling his VP Trump. Being well spoken and clear headed should be the expectation, not the hope. 

It will just get worse as the race thickens. Trump would be mile behind with most anyone else. 

I'm not thrilled with it, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.  I want a split government.  If that means that the Democratic party has to run Joe's office for the entirety of his second term, then so be it.

If that means Trump wins the WH, but the Democrats get the House, I'm fine with that as well.

There is no candy coating this election.

Well.  I may have to stop saying that I think Biden still has a path to winning the election.

Now according to the political managing editor of NBC News, even people working to re-elect Biden have given up. 

These people are political junkies with access to private party polls.  I'm not a political junkie and of course I have no access to anything of the nature that they do.

The dems are absolutley screwed lol Bidens brain has been mush for about 4/5 years now. The problem is they just cant hide it anymore. And they have no one to replace him! I would be shocked if they keep him in though, the guy can barely make it though a sentence without completely flubbing. Its the independents that win the elections and i cant see anyone in their right mind voting for this guy.

31 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Who do you think would be a viable replacement candidate? I hear Harris and Newsom being the top potential successors.

Nancy Pelosi for President with Liz Cheney as VP? 

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Yesterday on PBS (Public Television)

New polls show Biden slipping further behind Trump in critical swing states

Here is where we stand on the popular vote. (Using 538 cause the at least do some filtering of garbage polls unlike realclear politics)

image.thumb.png.86bfdd057748fac3f7db1e99ac6527e7.png

Arizona:

Trump still well ahead but Biden pulled in after debate.
image.thumb.png.e42ed1bcdab312e73b44896acba71c97.png

Georgia:

Same story as Arizona.

image.thumb.png.1da1c4586f6e26f3dde834aa16e18349.png

Michigan:

Once again same as the other two.

image.thumb.png.32398e920661153f7c2077fef45ebc6c.png

Nevada:

This is either a wash or Trump opening up. Pretty mixed picture.

image.thumb.png.6fc553131092bf50a7e06f21fe2cdbe4.png

North Carolina:

I really don't think this is even a battle ground state but from what we have no change.

image.thumb.png.c576f5acdc6d1affe743e6e98d4df0ab.png

Ohio:

Again not really a battle ground state. Trump did open up here.

image.thumb.png.28a74137903df7056346b5cad94bc345.png

Penn:

Now this is the killer.

image.thumb.png.41a4041ce730c0c09fe43844353c7f96.png

Wisconsin:

Biden clearly went up in this one.

image.thumb.png.5c5defbcbf761607d95e4014b053d2b5.png

Don't have post debate state polls for Minnesota.

So essentially only true battleground state where Biden is slipping in Pennsylvania. You can also throw in Ohio like the pundits like to pretend that ain't a solid gop state nowadays.

Other key battle state either is a wash or show Biden tightening it up while you see a clear slippage of Biden in the popular vote.

That said, Biden ain't doing well in those state that did tighten up and really ain't ahead to begin with.

So going by trend with the whole post debate polling, Biden is doing worse on the popular vote front than he is in the battle ground state front with the only really killer being Pennsylvania.

If trend hold, this may be the first election in which Dem loses the popular vote but wins the electoral college should Biden win.

That said I think Biden will lose to Trump and why I want him replaced as the only real reason he is behind is his age and people want someone else that is not the incumbent. There should be no reason why Trump isn't getting destroyed with his conviction, record, and other questionable activities and equally degraded age and mental capacity.

I had always maintained the only person Trump can beat is Biden and the only person Biden can beat is Trump. Why not remove the Biden side of the equation if you are the Dem.

Edited by 24K
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Uh, okay. So you heard the gaffes. Did you hear anything else? Or did your confirmation bias kick in so that you could only find errors that confirmed your predetermined outcome? You were expecting Biden to fail and in your mind he did. Fair enough. I just disagree.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think cute Hillary is going to be the nominee. She is a part of the “elites” that are trying to take Joe out. 

You and Alf must be related, both of you think that Hilary is cute.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Bernie Sanders - Vox

Dem messed up big time in 2020 colluding in the primaries to get Biden selected as the nominee after it was clear Bernie was gonna have a clear path to victory it had they let things play out naturally.

To this day, Bernie still has an extremely sharp mind despite being older than both Biden and Trump and their mushy brain.

55 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mixing up a name at one of his MAGA rallies that nobody watches is quite a bit different than calling Zelenskyy Putin right to his face on national tv with millions watching. 

Haha. There is no hair too fine for you to split.