US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I hate politics but if you represent those against Trump I think I’m starting to like him because you’re a disgusting person.

Won't cheer for the Panthers because they're in Trump's home state but will like him because someone tried to do the world a favour by trying to take him out. Sound logic. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Looks staged. Just flesh wound.  

Adam Lanza would have done a better job. 

Ironic in a country like Japan, the asssain made a gun himself, and killed PM Abe. While in US there are guns everywhere, and no one gets killed. Just some flesh wound like I got playing paintball.  Where's the AR15 when you need one? 

There was a shooting incident in Taiwan in 2004, the day before election. President and VP both survived, left the hospital same day. Next day they won the election. No one was caught for a long time. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_19_shooting_incident

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

Whoever it was their aim sucked. 

Probably explains why Americans want high capacity magazines in their pistols, because they suck at aiming.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!

That was my very first thought once I saw 'the damages'.  They've already shown and proven how fecking low they'll go so why not this? As some have said already, this works COMPLETELY in Trump's favour. Fuuuuuu.....

With the number of shots fired there should be at least a few others that were injured with gun shot wounds.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If Drumpf gets elected- watch as he gets all the guns collected from everyone-for presidential safety.

All the guns- except from supporters, of course.

That is a scary thought.

Something right out of Animal Farm.

The right to bear arms will not be infringed, on our supporters.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

With the number of shots fired there should be at least a few others that were injured with gun shot wounds.

Thought the same thing initially but….Not if they were shooting up. Right as the cracks start you can see Trump grab the ear that’s bleeding. 

as someone who is pretty familiar with firearms, I don’t think a lot of people realize how difficult it is to be accurate with smaller firearms (aka a pistol). 

I wouldn’t put it past either of the candidates in this election to pull some crazy shenanigans, but I’m also not super convinced this is fake from the little bit we’ve all got to see. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

That is a scary thought.

Something right out of Animal Farm.

The right to bear arms will not be infringed, on our supporters.

I believe it has already been established that some animals are more equal than others.

case in point Drumpf himself- anyone else would have been in jail for months by now.

• Cheers 3

Man, his campaign team must be high fiving right now.

What a win for Trump. 

No wonder people are thinking about it being staged. It was perfect.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

So you're defending a child rapist pedophile, among other things?

Trump is a bad person, but if it means, potentially, not uprooting in turmoil an entire nation that is as politically divisive and turbulent as it’s ever been by not having him assassinated, I’ll gladly hope for that. If that makes sense.

The right attacked the main principle of their own republic by claiming a fraud election and stormed the Capitol, which is quite literally treason. The far left now has an assassination attempt of a former president and current presidential candidate on their books. 

Whatever happened today, it is NOT good. As much as I dislike Trump.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I believe it has already been established that some animals are more equal than others.

case in point Drumpf himself- anyone else would have been in jail for months by now.

Who needs courts? The President is immune when he says something is official....

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Man, his campaign team must be high fiving right now.

What a win for Trump. 

No wonder people are thinking about it being staged. It was perfect.

I keep seeing ppl saying that on X but I don't know what he would have to gain to take that risk, he was already in a great spot, though this did probably seal it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

Thought the same thing initially but….Not if they were shooting up. Right as the cracks start you can see Trump grab the ear that’s bleeding. 

as someone who is pretty familiar with firearms, I don’t think a lot of people realize how difficult it is to be accurate with smaller firearms (aka a pistol). 

I wouldn’t put it past either of the candidates in this election to pull some crazy shenanigans, but I’m also not super convinced this is fake from the little bit we’ve all got to see. 

I have a lot of questions and you are right about the accuracy of a handgun at distance. Not sure where the shooter was located so it is a bit of an unknown at this point as to how close he/she was and whether the shots were fired at an upward angle. I expect much of that will come out in the following hours or days.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't know what he would have to gain for it being staged, he was already in a great spot, though this did probably seal it.

Yah, have someone shoot your ear and hope they don’t miss and kill you by accident, brilliant plan.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

The far left now has an assassination attempt of a former president and current presidential candidate on their books. 

bit early to say who did this, and why.

Drumpf has pissed off a lot of people over the years, decades before politics.

some contractor that went broke, lost the family home, and the family, because Don didn't pay?

one of the gals from one of those "parties" at Epstein's?

So many possibilities.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 3

33 minutes ago, bolt said:

The quality of replies tells you all you need to know. 

That's ridiculous, you can't extrapolate comments in here to the shooting. If it was Biden would you say it was the right doing it?

You have no idea who did this.

• Thanks 1

Secret service just said Trump is fine.

Expect him to tweet asking for donations tonight. He's the grifter in chief.  

Guess the media will talk about this instead of Biden's gaffes for a while now. 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Yah, have someone shoot your ear and hope they don’t miss and kill you by accident, brilliant plan.

well, i dont think it was staged but there is allways gonna be that concern these days.

to comment on your point though...shooting blanks and a blood pack behind Trumps ear or in his hand?