US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, 4petesake said:

I don’t think you ought to lay this on the far left so quickly. The man has a long list of enemies and not all are on the left.

Do we know where Rudy was tonight? :classic_ninja:

Rudy "Stewie" Gulilani.

• Haha 1

He predicted it.

My personal opinion is that the best way forward (in the bigger picture) is a peaceful national divorce/fragmentation. It makes no sense to continue on with 2 cultures that absolutely despise each other, battling constantly to control the other one. 

Every election this century has been contested & its only escalated, now we've gotten to the point of political violence. I would much rather see a peaceful fragmentation in some manner than more violence. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t think you ought to lay this on the far left so quickly. The man has a long list of enemies and not all are on the left.

Do we know where Rudy was tonight? :classic_ninja:

Yeah, the NeoCon conservatives hate him. 

The Lincoln Project is formed by conservatives and helped to defeat Trump in 2020. They are very active this time too. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

well, i dont think it was staged but there is allways gonna be that concern these days.

to comment on your point though...shooting blanks and a blood pack behind Trumps ear or in his hand?

And when they figure that out? That’s even a worse plan. Also they just said someone behind Trump was hit. 

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have a lot of questions and you are right about the accuracy of a handgun at distance. Not sure where the shooter was located so it is a bit of an unknown at this point as to how close he/she was and whether the shots were fired at an upward angle. I expect much of that will come out in the following hours or days.

If it clipped his ear and went over the crowd someone was probably within 20 or 30 meters. I’m a little shocked no one else was hit regardless to be honest. 

if it’s legit my guess is someone who had no idea how to use a firearm, shot once and clipped him then freaked out not realizing how hard it is to be accurate with a hand gun. 

Other thing to consider is recoil usually causes a firearm to walk up rather than down. 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

And when they figure that out? That’s even a worse plan. Also they just said someone behind Trump was hit. 

again, I dont think it was staged. 

I dont want to debate it with you. 

Just now, Dizzle said:

If it clipped his ear and went over the crowd someone was probably within 20 or 30 meters. I’m a little shocked no one else was hit regardless to be honest. 

if it’s legit my guess is someone who had no idea how to use a firearm, shot once and clipped him then freaked out not realizing how hard it is to be accurate with a hand gun. 

Other thing to consider is recoil usually causes a firearm to walk up rather than down. 

Someone said earlier that if the shooter was below the stage his bullets would be travelling upwards, they also did now say someone was hit.

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hard to say, but there appears to be some damage to the frontal part of his ear.  A rip or a gouge.

Original image

Upscaled enhanced image

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 3.48.29 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 3.48.29 PM-topaz-faceai-sharpen-denoise-enhance-2.8x.jpeg

That's unironically one of the most metal images in the 21st century.

He's guaranteed to win now.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He definitely nailed it.

My personal opinion is the best way forward in the bigger picture is peaceful national divorce/fragmentation. It makes no sense to continue on with 2 cultures that despise each other battling to control the other one. 

Every election this century has been contested & it’s only escalated, now we've gotten to the level of politician violence. I would much rather see a peaceful fragmentation in some manner than more violence. 

One problem with that is lines of division don’t follow state lines. Land mass wise, republican leaning individuals would have far more holding I think… the major democratic areas are generally (generally) coastal populated areas in the northeast and west. 

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He definitely nailed it.

My personal opinion is the best way forward in the bigger picture is peaceful national divorce/fragmentation. It makes no sense to continue on with 2 cultures that despise each other battling to control the other one. 

Every election this century has been contested & its only escalated, now we've gotten to the level of politician violence. I would much rather see a peaceful fragmentation in some manner than more violence. 

There's always been political violence. Remember Lincoln?

A national divorce is such a silly concept. Theres no way to make that happen.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Looks staged. Just flesh wound.  

Adam Lanza would have done a better job. 

Ironic in a country like Japan, the asssain made a gun himself, and killed PM Abe. While in US there are guns everywhere, and no one gets killed. Just some flesh wound like I got playing paintball.  Where's the AR15 when you need one? 

There was a shooting incident in Taiwan in 2004, the day before election. President and VP both survived, left the hospital same day. Next day they won the election. No one was caught for a long time. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_19_shooting_incident

Are leftists really going to run with conspiracy BS after ridiculing Trumpists on the right for being conspiracy theorists?

Be better m8.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

They’re saying th shooter is dead and 2 bystanders.

That is incredibly unfortunate and would make a lot more sense of the situation. 

I know people dislike trump… I’m not a fan myself… but this is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I wonder if that was the late pop and scream we heard 

ABC saying shooter is dead, possibly 3 bystanders dead. Trump head grazed.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1