US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

So, you actually think there are three positions?

Liberal, centrist, conservative?

Bro, do some research. What do you think fascism is? What do you think what Russia is doing with its Duginist fourth position stuff? What do you think Stalinism was?

There is also far left nationalism as well. Nationalism in general completely falls out of the spectrum of what you are used to. It's going to get more and more popular as time goes on. It always does.

There's so much more to this than you have any clue about.

I literally only quoted you and you somehow devolve into this dribble instead of attempting to justify your own quotes. My word...

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Like Ashley Babbit? Nobody is switching their vote to republican after this. Especially since the democrats have come out en masse to condemn it. If you're talking about violence from the right, yeah maybe. They've been advocating violence for years anyway, why change now? Let's see if any high ranking republicans call for civility instead of civil war. I'm not holding my breath.

Well, we've already had an elected congressman put a massive target on Biden, so. 

35 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I just don't see another solution that's peaceful & desirable for both. The toothpaste isn't going back in the tube.

I just don't want to see the political violence escalate now that its on the table.

I just see it as really defeatist and not practical at all if you care about things like healthcare and jobs.

Who would invest in these new right wing states? Only companies looking to use low wages, eg. What skilled doctors are going to move to a place like that? Very few.

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

I didn't say "the left" was moral syphilis.

I said that liberalism was. Liberalism isn't the only leftist position.

So....by your statements then.  Nationalism is good, liberalism is bad.

Is that where we're at right now?

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Wrong again Mr. Bolt.

Biden: "There's no place in America for this kind of violence"

President Joe Biden speaks on Saturday, July 13, in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

President Joe Biden speaks on Saturday, July 13, in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. 

Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP

President Joe Biden condemned the shooting at Donald Trump’s rally and said: “There’s no place in America for this kind of violence.”

“It’s sick, it’s one of the reasons we have to unite this country,” he said, speaking from Delaware. “We cannot allow for this to be happening. We cannot be like this, we cannot condone this.”

Biden added that he’s tried to get in touch with Trump, noting that the former president is with his doctors and appears to be doing well.

He must have been following my comments on this forum and took action.  😎 

Edited by bolt

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Am I wrong?

If he was in fact shot at, if he was in fact injured only.

He will be able to demonize the left, immigrants and whoever he wants while calling himself a survivor, a victim and a warrior because he now has street cred.  His base, the GOP and every one of his sycophants will be up in arms and you can absolutely watch the support and donations roll in; in real time.  The moderates will now have a reason to believe some of his lies and the xenophobes will come out of the wood work.

OAN, FOX etc will go in to overdrive and Biden will do nothing except say how an attack on trump is an attack on democracy and this is why stronger gun laws are needed which will fall absolutely flat in the face of the PR machine that is about to steamroll every single democratic response to this event.

Just wait my dude.  it's coming.

Trump 2024 is not just a potential thing, but has now just about become a certainty

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Well, we've already had an elected congressman put a massive target on Biden, so. 

Again.

Was I wrong?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Again.

Was I wrong?

Nope you're not. You just knew they were going to blame Biden when it happened and now the fact an actual dipshit in congress is putting it on Biden without knowing fuck all? We haven't even seen the scary parts yet. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I just see it as really defeatist and not practical at all if you care about things like healthcare and jobs.

Who would invest in these new right wing states? Only companies looking to use low wages, eg. What skilled doctors are going to move to a place like that? Very few.

Did you not notice all the big companies moving their operations from California to places like Texas & others? Where there's a market businesses will go.

Accepting the status quo as it hurls off the edge of the cliff is defeatist if anything.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So....by your statements then.  Nationalism is good, liberalism is bad.

Is that where we're at right now?

Nationalism is natural when people are treated like shit, can't afford anything, are dying of drugs and suicide, being bogged down by rampant immigration, divorce rates are at an all time high, and the moral fabric of society is completely degenerated. People are unhappy. The slope is slippier than a slip 'n slide, and it's all coming crashing to a halt.

This is what happens when liberalism goes too far, and it's reaching a breaking point. Normal people who just wanted to be able to have families and be left alone are going to turn into radicals. It's already happening.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Did you not notice all the big companies moving their operations from California to places like Texas & others? Where there's a market businesses will go.

Accepting the status quo as it hurls off the edge of the cliff is defeatist if anything.

Yea Texas isn't going to follow MTG on this one.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

The main problem will be splitting the nukes between the civilized part of the country and the Nazi hellhole.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Nationalism is natural when people are treated like shit, can't afford anything, are dying of drugs and suicide, being bogged down by rampant immigration, divorce rates are at an all time high, and the moral fabric of society is completely degenerated. People are unhappy. The slope is slippier than a slip 'n slide, and it's all coming crashing to a halt.

This is what happens when liberalism goes too far, and it's reaching a breaking point. Normal people who just wanted to be able to have families and be left alone are going to turn into radicals. It's already happening.

Nationalism ain't the answer. The real answer is addressing wealth gap.

US and most of the west is in this mess now is due to the fact the 1% of people hold close to 50% of the wealth.

You ain't gonna get happy societies when 99% of the rest have to fight it out for the other half.

Nationalism is just gonna make that worse.

Edited by 24K

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Wow

"We're pointing at the guy crawling up the roof." Did it occur to them to pick up a phone and call 911? Dispatchers would call Police and probably know to communicate to the Secret Service who would act right away.

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Wow, you have a concerning amount of dangerous extremist rhetoric in your posts. You need to get out of that rabbit hole you're stuck in. Go outside and talk to people, just not about politics, lol. The internet has you twisted. 

It's funny how you say that I am the one with extremist rhetoric, when you had a guy in here celebrating and showing sympathy for the shooter.

Acting like I am stuck in a rabbit hole when you choose me as your target rather than him is hilarious.

Also, you know nothing about me. It's akin to calling me a "virgin" or "incel". It's just useless ad homs rather than actually addressing the points I'm making. This is why liberalism is dying. You're actual bitter, hate filled people.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The main problem will be splitting the nukes between the civilized part of the country and the Nazi hellhole.

An incoming nuclear attack will demolish both areas, there is a very important mutual interest with that issue so I doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, Petey O said:

So yes.

You're suggesting that nationalism is in fact a good thing or at least reasonable because liberals or at least liberal social policy is bad.

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Nationalism ain't the answer. The real answer is addressing wealth gap.

US and most of the west is in this mess now is due to the fact the 1% of people hold close to 50% of the wealth.

You ain't gonna get happy societies when 99% of the rest have to fight it out for the other half.

Nationalism is just gonna make that worse.

The wealth gap doesn't get addressed without radical politics.

Billionaires don't get overthrown by votes.

If it's not right wing nationalism, it's going to be left wing revolution. Or a combination of the two.

When the first two positions don't work, people are start going to look at the third, fourth, or even toward something completely new. But whatever it is, it will be radical.