US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You've posted a ton of right wing stuff over the last few days. You do understand how the internet works right? The more you click, the more you get force fed this nonsense. 

Except that picture wasn’t force fed to me and it wasn’t in my feed. I literally went to Truth Social and looked up Trump’s account to see if he posted. Which he did. That picture was attached to a comment on his post. 

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

On July 8th , 5 days ago, Biden said it’s time to put a target on Trump. 

Are you really going to take that literally?   This little figure of speech describes how Biden intended to go hard against his opponent and start talking about Trump's lies and failures, which is exactly what he has done since saying it. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Do you really think he meant assassination? Or just focus on beating him in the election.

You read it any way you like. Many societies and courts would consider it a veiled threat. Stupid thing for Biden to say. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Yeah, he's a real idiot. It's just been fun pointing out everything contradictory and stupid statement he's said so far. But it's not fun any more, it's just every post. Hopefully they get banned and go back to 4chan or wherever the fuck they came from.

You're really not smart, are you?

You have offered zero intellectual rebuttals to my statements. Your responses are just full of bullshit and mockery.

Typical liberal.

• Desmenko 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They say shit like that all the time, both parties.  

Trump "there will be a blood bath" etc. 

What he said, in context…

A defiant President Joe Biden insisted to his donors on Monday that he is “done talking about the debate” and implored the party to ignore any further distractions and direct its attention back to Donald Trump.

“We need to move forward. Look, we have roughly 40 days til the convention, 120 days til the election. We can’t waste any more time being distracted,” Biden said in a private call with donors Monday, according to a recording obtained by POLITICO.

“I have one job, and that’s to beat Donald Trump. I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that. So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye,” Biden said.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Just occurred to me, for the trump folks that think Biden was behind it, didn't the scotus just say a president can do that legally?

There was a time I'd laugh at that. But things in the US are just too screwed up to laugh now.

Just now, Satchmo said:

Are you really going to take that literally?   This little figure of speech describes how Biden intended to go hard against his opponent and start talking about Trump's lies and failures, which is exactly what he has done since saying it. 

Why are you getting so wound up? I simply posted what Biden said. You can interpret it any way you like. I did not say what he meant by it. I thing it’s a stupid thing to say, especially in this day and age. 

5 minutes ago, Petey O said:

You're really not smart, are you?

You have offered zero intellectual rebuttals to my statements. Your responses are just full of bullshit and mockery.

Typical liberal.

Lol, I haven't needed to mock you. You do that yourself.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Why are you getting so wound up? I simply posted what Biden said. You can interpret it any way you like. I did not say what he meant by it. I thing it’s a stupid thing to say, especially in this day and age. 

You need to read the minutes of a trump speech, he says all kinds of unhinged stuff, and actually did incite a riot if you recall.

Whoever did this is the one at fault. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

On July 8th , 5 days ago, Biden said it’s time to put a target on Trump. 

Pretty sure that was about where the democratic party's focus was and wasn't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I'm far from wound up. I just disagree with your take on this.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Devil's Advocate to the Secret Service. They can't be EVERYWHERE. Maybe they need to trim a little off the Defense Budget and hire more Secret Service guys.

Democrats blocked it.

9 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

You read it any way you like. Many societies and courts would consider it a veiled threat. Stupid thing for Biden to say. 

Trump also said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and nothing would happen to him.

Lots of politicians say stupid things.

• Cheers 2