US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

https://imgur.com/trump-shot-rally-a8S80i9

video clip

87299279-13631849-image-a-29_17209092450

wild…

For all of Trumps faults (and they are many), his instinct to raise his fist in the air is politically brilliant imagery and is contrasting with the political narrative of Biden's decline. 

Maybe it won't turn much voters, but the resulting effect may be to mobilize the Republican voters who would otherwise have stayed home after the convictions.

I wonder if this will influence the process of the Dems fielding a new candidate.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

My gawd if youre going to try and shoot a Fascist at least hit the net.

With Biden's cognitive decline and now this?

Democrats don't stand a chance in November.  Not with how their media works.  CNN and other more liberal news will think they have to tone down their criticism of Trump, and Fox and other RW media will ramp up the conspiracies, that it was a hit job by Biden because that was the only way to win. or something like that.  Trump will now be the martyr he was trying to convince the fence sitters he was all along. And get out the vote for some who may not have been motivated before.

what a shit show.

Might I suggest an alternative. With the loonies coming out of the woodwork calling for civil war it's certainly possible it will have the opposite affect

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

So, banning books, banning drag queens from reading books to children, taking away a woman's right to choose what happens to her body, bashing gays, characterizing migrant as rapists and murderers, wanting to abolish the Department of Education, promising to defund the FBI, intending to fire all civil servants and replace them with loyalists to a dictator, and suspending the Constitution while packing the judiciary with loyalists to the dictator are a Liberal thing? Respectfully, you are full of shit.

Lol come back to reality 

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

That tweet is making less and less sense then. I expect you will disagree. Let's move on.

It's completely logical. No one would hope for the safety of an evil dictator they've endlessly denounced.

Your right, agree to disagree 👍

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It's completely logical. No one would hope for the safety of an evil dictator they've endlessly denounced.

Your right, agree to disagree 👍

What about people - like me - that detest both Trump AND political violence?

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

So, banning books, banning drag queens from reading books to children, taking away a woman's right to choose what happens to her body, bashing gays, characterizing migrant as rapists and murderers, wanting to abolish the Department of Education, promising to defund the FBI, intending to fire all civil servants and replace them with loyalists to a dictator, and suspending the Constitution while packing the judiciary with loyalists to the dictator are a Liberal thing? Respectfully, you are full of shit.

Just now, Pears said:

Please show with legitimate proof, to prove the points @Curmudgeon made are wrong.

This could all be solved if leftists had their own state that could have all the things they want free of threat from Washington 

Just sayin

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

This could all be solved if leftists had their own state that could have all the things they want free of threat from Washington 

Just sayin

You're really hung up on this idea 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Trump isn't actually on the level of Hitler to you. 

I fucking hate the guy but only Hitler was Hitler.  And if there is me - and I don't think I'm alone - then your clam that no one would is false.

9 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

Lol come back to reality 

Reality: Conservatives/Republicans advocate a 900 page plan for virtually complete social control and heavy doses of censorship. Did you miss that?

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. It's simply too close to the event to come to any conclusion on the fallout of this. I'll wait a few days for us to have some breathing room and more facts come out. The biggest priority today is that the secret service is doing a postmortum of what went wrong on the security detail and that casualties are thankfully minimal.

I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks that's for sure with the potential violence this could unleash.

Politically speaking, today was a loss for Biden and a win for Trump. Fair or unfair, Trump now has an issue to flank Dems on the moral high ground and America is 1 for 2 in electing presidential candidates who survived an assassination attempt.

Not sure if all of the "7" shots reported by witnesses came from the secret service. But these secret service snipers killed the gunman. According to that witness, the gunman's head got blown off. 

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

It's actually crazy how many people are ok with this. If you're on the side of an assassin who is trying to murder an ex president, you might be in the wrong

How about a child rapist?

A person with a history of assaulting women?

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Where did he mention Biden?

The people who spend so much time comparing Trump to Hitler, calling him a soon to be dictator, a fascist, a Nazi, saying democracy is over if he loses, exc exc are now today praising that he's okay & denouncing the attack.

No one would wish for Hitler/a Fascist dictators survival.

If your perspective is that democracy will end with Trump, and that he is a fascist dictator, then you should be upset the shooter missed. 

It's not about the person, but the title he holds and what it represents. He's a former president and a  presidential candidate. Whatever your view on the person and what you feel he's going to do, if you believe in the principles of the democratic system, you want this guy going down at the ballot box, not to an assassin's bullet. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The doctor went private on Twitter really quickly.  I wonder why?

IMG_1804.jpeg

IMG_1805.jpeg

So freedom of speech or whatever the right wing says exists in Canada doesn't apply here and they now understand it's actually freedom of expression?

It's amazing how understanding can change depending on the circumstance

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not sure if all of the "7" shots reported by witnesses came from the secret service. But these secret service snipers killed the gunman. According to that witness, the gunman's head got blown off. 

Would have thought those snipers would take the shot before Trump came under fire. Wonder what's going on there. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I fucking hate the guy but only Hitler was Hitler.  And if there is me - and I don't think I'm alone - then your clam that no one would is false.

It's not, list another name then.. how about Stalin, Mao, Ceaucescu, exc.These are all evil dictators, would you hope for their safety? I imagine not.

The point is you don't actually believe he will be an evil authoritarian dictator if he wins, but other people do & they are upset the shooter missed.