US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, DSVII said:

It's not about the person, but the title he holds and what it represents. He's a former president and a  presidential candidate. Whatever your view on the person and what you feel he's going to do, if you believe in the principles of the democratic system, you want this guy going down at the ballot box, not to an assassin's bullet. 

If you actually believe he was going to rule as Hitler why would u want him to get the opportunity? 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The new conspiracy theory is those snipers were working with the deep state. 

I miss the days when conspiracy theories were about Aliens and who built the pyramids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The new conspiracy theory is those snipers were working with the deep state. 

It would atleast explain how bad a job they did securing the area.

They are going to have to really explain themselves, they are fighting against that believe big time.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Did you find that one on truth social or did you put ubc professor makes disparaging remarks about trump in the search. 

There is a search bar on Twitter that has several hashtags for today’s events. I thought you were actually smart Joey. I guess I was wrong. 

I’m sure you will also back up the professors tweets, amirite?

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trump was convicted of child rape?  Is this something new or are you alluding to the already debunked claim made by a Jerry Springer producer that @Sabrefan1has already talked about?  

You're not this obtuse.

*Be better M8*

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If you actually believe he was going to rule as Hitler why would u want him to get the opportunity? 

Because you got to have respect for the rule of law and the institutions for democracy to endure, even if said person doesn't. You can't prove their point. Which you are pretty willing to ascribe to all his opponents on the left in one fell swoop.

It's the toughest thing about a democracy. You need to be eternally vigilant, but you also have to combat extremism within the framework of respecting the rule of law, even when the other side pisses on it.

Yes, it's not easy to keep the American experiment together, but you have to put in the work. Your solution to divide the states up only plays into the Chinese and Russian narrative that democracy becomes messy and leads to chaos and dissolution of the state.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Do you actually believe that any of those politicians care if Trump was assassinated or not?  It’s all political theatre. Nobody can be that stupid. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is a search bar on Twitter that has several hashtags for today’s events. I thought you were actually smart Joey. I guess I was wrong. 

I’m sure you will also back up the professors tweets, amirite?

It's a human being who made a knee jerk comment on social media, idgaf. You probably want her to lose her job right? 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Well guess it doesn’t matter if it is Biden or anyone else. The Nazi will win by a landslide after this. 

I don't think it'll move the needle much outside the cult

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It's not, list another name then.. how about Stalin, Mao, Ceaucescu, exc.These are all evil dictators, would you hope for their safety? I imagine not.

The point is you don't actually believe he will be an evil authoritarian dictator if he wins, but other people do & they are upset the shooter missed.

Let's talk about America and not some dead autocrats on other continents  - assuming we are no longer going to talk about a tweet that I think is nonsense and you don't. 

What you say I do not believe is incorrect. I believe Trump could usher in a pseudo democratic authoritarian government.  Once in, it could be very hard to get out.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

It's a human being who made a knee jerk comment on social media, idgaf. You probably want her to lose her job right? 

This individual should lose their job.

We expect them to conduct themselves to a FAR higher standard than we do the president or former president of the USA

image.png.9bbfbfce56c0de4f269e40ca3fdaab37.png

image.png.f135a7eaa2ba5113d8f424bc734ab8ec.png

image.png.828408c3c29e13647178cc4abfae6b16.png

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Of course she should lose her job. We don’t pay her for her political views or to support assassination attempts. What about if she is teaching kids that are right wing?  How the fuck is she supposed to be objective in her teachings if she is openly supporting assassinating Trump on Twitter? 

Also, if she did nothing wrong why did she go private so quickly on Twitter after making those posts? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Reality: Conservatives/Republicans advocate a 900 page plan for virtually complete social control and heavy doses of censorship. Did you miss that?

lol isnt that the one that trump said he didnt support

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

We expect them to conduct themselves to a FAR higher standard than we do the president or former president of the USA

If you think those are remotely close to supporting an assassination attempt you are lost

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're not this obtuse.

*Be better M8*

Two things.  

The ‘be better’ line is almost as Karen’ish as the stupid clap between each word in a sentence thing.  

Second, you are being quite smug about backing up a conspiracy.  
Trump is a cunt, but this has nothing to back it up.  

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How about a child rapist?

A person with a history of assaulting women?

Are you talking about joe biden? Did you read what his daughter wrote in her diary or missed all those clips of him touching woman/kids inappropriately? 

O maybe you were talking about bill clinton or trudeau, my mistake

Edited by Joe-Kerr

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So you’re actually still running with the debunked story that Trump raped a child?  And you’re calling me obtuse?  

How is it debunked again?

These are literally spoken about repeatedly in the last week and part of a trove of evidence that for some reason has yet to be released.

But of course a man with his long history of; shall we say behavioural issues with women, would of course not be at potential issue with these accusations even with his history.  There's only smoke and heat but whatever.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Of course she should lose her job. We don’t pay her for her political views or to support assassination attempts. What about if she is teaching kids that are right wing?  How the fuck is she supposed to be objective in her teachings if she is openly supporting assassinating Trump on Twitter? 

Also, if she did nothing wrong why did she go private so quickly on Twitter after making those posts? 

Just gonna remind y'all about this but whatever.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Her post clearly ended on the equivalent of a 4 chan message board where you found it. Probably got a lot of death threats as your people are wont to do. In a doctor shortage nonetheless. I hope she keeps her job and they make her queen of the university. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

lol isnt that the one that trump said he didnt support

It's the one his aides have been directly tied to. You're not very good at this. 

• Like 2