US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Roger Stone came out with the name Maxwell Yearick.

This guy looks the most similar to the image of the dead shooter, to me.

sfasdasdasd.png

Ya agreed. The first one looks more like Bubbles, not an assassin. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Shooter was around 130 yards or so away, anyone who trained for extended period of time would have had very hard time missing from that range. Especially aiming for target that large, one thing I can say is that this was not a work of professional.

They interviewed a sniper and according to him they are trained to hit the top of the brain stem and thats where the bullet would have hit had Trump not turned his head. He also said that from 130 yards its an easy shot with a good rifle for almost anyone. Think Trump was extremely lucky today.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

You can even see the hole on the alleged image of the dead shooter where the plug on this guy's ear was.

Also, that image of the deceased shooter matches up very well with the longer distance image of the shooter on the roof.

But yeah, we can't say for sure yet.

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

Bolt? Bolt?  are you there to answer to this?  

If only some posters could be  respectful as Nanci was on X.  It's not just a one sided issue as some like to claim.  There are obviously extremists on the right as well and the left as we seen today.   

Edited by bolt
  • Confused 1
  • Desmenko 1

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They interviewed a sniper and according to him they are trained to hit the top of the brain stem and thats where the bullet would have hit had Trump not turned his head. He also said that from 130 yards it’s y ran easy shot with a good rifle for almost anyone. Think Trump was extremely lucky today.

My experience with military snipers is that many times they will target body as it is much larger target vs.the  head.

Police snipers will often take headshots which are more difficult. Especially in hostage situations.

On the battlefield, hitting someone in the chest will most definitely put them out of the action either permanently or for a very long time. Also once a person is wounded it brings out more potential targets to be hit. I do agree with you 100% that DT was very lucky.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Ya that struck me too. Very close. Its incredible that the Secret Service didn't have area that close secured... in a location that doesn't seem to have many sniper nests either judging by overhead photos. 

DT was very lucky, from that distance well trained sniper wouldn’t have missed.

I can imagine that the RNC convention in Milwaukee that starts tomorrow is going to have much tighter security.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

My experience with military snipers is that many times they will target body as it is much larger target vs.the  head.

Police snipers will often take headshots which are more difficult. Especially in hostage situations.

On the battlefield, hitting someone in the chest will most definitely put them out of the action either permanently or for a very long time. Also once a person is wounded it brings out more potential targets to be hit. I do agree with you 100% that DT was very lucky.

He also said head shot prevents the target from further movements, ie; firing his weapon so in hostage situations thats the way to go. Professional snipers can easily make a head shot. My friend is a police officer, he is trained for body shots if he has to shoot. Either he missed a body shot by quite a bit or his shot was exactly where it was supposed to go indicating a trained shooter, dunno yet.

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Leave it to CNN to post the wrong name and image of the supposed shooter before verifying all the info. They still have it up ffs. This isn't going to help their credibility. 

Being first > Truth when it comes to breaking news for major outlets. 

Some of these outlets had their own reporters who were there still interview people at the rally.

Some weren't looking too good in doing so. One interviewed a doctor who tried to save the person who got shot in the head and died. Doc still had the guy's blood on him. He said there was grey matter where he was. He helped carry the guy out of the stands. 

Another guy that got interviewed said that was his first ever sort of rally and that he thought, that when he looked at a venue, he kind of made an observation that this sort of setup they had was kind of bad for security moments before the shots happened. He also was near the two people who got shot and saw the guy who got shot in the head die. He said the guy who got shot in the head had his family with him, like 4-5 people. Dude looked like he was kind of still in shock, he kind of maintained a specific facial expression and voice tone. 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

He also said head shot prevents the target from further movements, ie; firing his weapon so in hostage situations thats the way to go. Professional snipers can easily make a head shot. My friend is a police officer, he is trained for body shots if he has to shoot. Either he missed a body shot by quite a bit or his shot was exactly where it was supposed to go indicating a trained shooter, dunno yet.

Yeah, first thing they teach in police academy here in the U.S, if you have to shoot aim for the center mass.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I can imagine that the RNC convention in Milwaukee that starts tomorrow is going to have much tighter security.

If it was a professional shot it was perfect, Trump was looking in one direction for an extended period of time, had he not suddenly and unexpectedly turned his head it would have been a kill shot. I won't be surprised if this guy has some pretty decent shooting skill.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah for sure. I trained for further to hunt, and I'm not even much of a hunter. Haha

If he didn't turn his head the shooter would've got him Im thinking. Thank god. 

No credible names have been mentioned but the NYT says:

The F.B.I. identified the shooter as a 20-year-old man from Bethel Park, Pa. The agency again asked for help from the public in its investigation.

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, first thing they teach in police academy here in the U.S, if you have to shoot aim for the center mass.

Well they centrally know how to shoot there guns...

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes very measured, interesting. Doesn't explain why that area wasn't secured but its a reasonable thought on why they didn't shoot for sure.

Hmmm...

If anyone wants to go conspiracy theory I always ask how many people need to be in on it? The more that do the more unlikely its a conspiracy. If this is one I do not believe any SS field officers were part of it, they seemed to do their jobs to the best of their abilities in this situation.

I also do not understand how an area so close was not secure.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes very measured, interesting. Doesn't explain why that area wasn't secured but its a reasonable thought on why they didn't shoot for sure.

Hmmm...

They should have had cops at least on the ground securing those roofs. There's no excuse as to why those roofs were unsecured. It seems like that should be absolute common sense to secure the nearest roof to Trump. The fact that it wasn't secured should be investigated.

I don't blame the police snipers here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I guess we're light years away. When Frank Reynolds of ABC News covering Reagan's assassination attempt, when they were getting incorrect info he blurted out right on the air.

"Let's get it nailed down ...somebody ...let's....find out! Let's get the word here, let's get it straight so we can....we can report this accurately!"

• Cheers 1