US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I guess we're light years away. When Frank Reynolds of ABC News covering Reagan's assassination attempt, when they were getting incorrect info he blurted out right on the air.

"Let's get it nailed down ...somebody ...let's....find out! Let's get the word here, let's get it straight so we can....we can report this accurately!"

Sad but its all about $$$$$ now.

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No credible names have been mentioned but the NYT says:

The F.B.I. identified the shooter as a 20-year-old man from Bethel Park, Pa. The agency again asked for help from the public in its investigation.

They still have the article up despite the person being named posting a video of himself alive. Zero journalistic integrity, but CNN amirite? 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

AI generated answer....

Do you understand how the AI gets its answers?

https://www.geckoterminal.com/solana/pools/3ALb3bSjxWT37Zy26hWM8UkcejNW2HCVE1jqG97hrxeN

The crypto thing is real. The fact he got arrested for protesting a Trump rally and fighting with cops is real.

Says the cryptocurrency is "two hours" old though, so the crypto is a nothingburger.

Dude looks very, very similar to that dead image, however.

Edited by Petey O

10 minutes ago, Petey O said:

They should have had cops at least on the ground securing those roofs. There's no excuse as to why those roofs were unsecured. It seems like that should be absolute common sense to secure the nearest roof to Trump. The fact that it wasn't secured should be investigated.

I don't blame the police snipers here.

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If anyone wants to go conspiracy theory I always ask how many people need to be in on it? The more that do the more unlikely its a conspiracy. If this is one I do not believe any SS field officers were part of it, they seemed to do their jobs to the best of their abilities in this situation.

I also do not understand how an area so close was not secure.

I agree. Certainly the people that covered Trump weren't. There's just so many powers that be whom would want Trump out of the picture its hard not to consider that a possibility when the motive is obvious. 

Theres alot here that needs to be explained. People in the crowd identified him ahead of before he was set up. The most obvious sniper nest was left completely unattended. Exc. 

It could very well just be a deranged lone wolf, but I wouldn't rule out either possibility. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Do you understand how the AI gets its answers?

https://www.geckoterminal.com/solana/pools/3ALb3bSjxWT37Zy26hWM8UkcejNW2HCVE1jqG97hrxeN

The crypto thing is real. The fact he got arrested for protesting a Trump rally and fighting with cops is real.

Says the cryptocurrency is "two hours" old though, so the crypto is a nothingburger.

Dude looks very, very similar to that dead image, however.

Two or three different names out.

Maybe wait and get it right 

If it says AI generated answer it's literally created by a computer and as such is not factual as it is artificially generated.

Maybe wait

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hmmm, saw FBI reported the shooter as Thomas Matthew Crooks.

Unless the kid prerecorded the video, and had someone post it for him after the fact, I'd say the report is bullshit, and whoever is reporting it should have their a journalistic integrity questioned. 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree. Certainly the people that covered Trump weren't. There's just so many powers that be whom would want Trump out of the picture its hard not to consider that a possibility when the motive is obvious. 

Theres alot here that needs to be explained. People in the crowd identified him ahead of before he was set up. The most obvious sniper nest was left completely unattended. Exc. 

I found that surprising too, looking forward to the explanation.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Two or three different names out.

Maybe wait and get it right 

If it says AI generated answer it's literally created by a computer and as such is not factual as it is artificially generated.

Maybe wait

AI answers are usually correct, especially with the right prompts. It's a very useful tool to gather as much information as possible in a short amount of time without knowing how to do proper google searches.

All you have to do is verify the information it spits out at you.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Unless the kid prerecorded the video, and had someone post it for him after the fact, I'd say the report is bullshit, and whoever is reporting it should have their a journalistic integrity questioned. 

Being reconfirmed on the news now, maybe another person with the same name?

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Being reconfirmed on the news now, maybe another person with the same name?

That would be absolutely wild, because that other Crooks guy looks very similar to those photos circulating around if it is him.

At the same time, he looks nothing like the dead guy.

This is all very strange.

If Crooks is his actual name, there's really three options:

1: These guys have the exact same name and are the same age, and look similar, and this is a massive coincidence.

2: Crooks took this video beforehand and had someone upload it for him after the fact, as a way to troll the inevitable speculation around his identity.

3: The guy in the Twitter video isn't actually named Crooks, and he just looks similar and uploaded it in order to troll and cause hysteria.

Edited by Petey O

Just now, Petey O said:

That would be absolutely wild, because that other Crooks guy looks very similar to those photos circulating around if it is him.

1: These guys have the exact same name and are the same age, and look the similar, and this is a massive coincidence.

2: Crooks took this video beforehand and had someone upload it for him after the fact, as a way to troll the inevitable speculation around his identity.

3: The guy in the Twitter video isn't actually named Crooks, and he just looks similar and uploaded it in order to troll and cause hysteria.

All three option are extremely F'ed up, sad where this world is headed.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

All three option are extremely F'ed up, sad where this world is headed.

The third option is the most likely, tbh.

A lot of people are going to be using this moment in history to make money and get attention.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if the guy in the Twitter video is just a troll.

I question people who say 130 yards is a easy shot.

Is it easier than say 200 yards yes? I shoot my lever gun with buckhorn sights at 25 yards at an indoor range, free hand. Center mass, yup. Head not so easy.

Now a properly sighted scope, with a bipod or sandbag yes you can do it. But when hear people go on about how easy of a shot is, there's a lot of factors.

Is the target moving? How fast? What's the wind like? (Longer the distance the more wind screws your targeting)

Real life is not Call of Duty.

Just now, Petey O said:

The third option is the most likely, tbh.

A lot of people are going to be using this moment in history to make money and get attention.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if the guy in the Twitter video is just a troll.

Fair enough, good take.

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

A registered Republican.   Not surprised. 

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

1: These guys have the exact same name and are the same age, and look similar, and this is a massive coincidence.

I think the photo looks more like this guy (on the right).

*warning, graphic photo*

Spoiler

• Thanks 2

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Fair enough, good take.

Thinking of another option:

The guy in the video is actually Thomas Matthew Crooks and he trolled the media, somehow, into reporting that it's actually him all to stage a publicity stunt/attention whore/make money.

Honestly, if that's what it is, I commend him. Bravo job.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think the photo looks more like this guy (on the right).

*warning, graphic photo*

Reveal hidden contents

Yep. What's making me believe it's Yearick are the gauge scars in the dead guy's photo.

The photo of Yearick is 8~ years old, and it looks like he stopped wearing the gauges and his ears started to close up again. Also, the mouth is practically identical.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I question people who say 130 yards is a easy shot.

Is it easier than say 200 yards yes? I shoot my lever gun with buckhorn sights at 25 yards at an indoor range, free hand. Center mass, yup. Head not so easy.

Now a properly sighted scope, with a bipod or sandbag yes you can do it. But when hear people go on about how easy of a shot is, there's a lot of factors.

Is the target moving? How fast? What's the wind like? (Longer the distance the more wind screws your targeting)

Real life is not Call of Duty.

The sniper I saw interviewed said it was a fairly easy shot, with a stablized rifle, a good scope and laser target and Trump was pretty stationary, dont think 130 yards will be that affected by wind nor gravity, be interesting to know the wind speed at the time, might tell a story.

4 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Thinking of another option:

The guy in the video is actually Thomas Matthew Crooks and he trolled the media, somehow, into reporting that it's actually him all to stage a publicity stunt/attention whore/make money.

Honestly, if that's what it is, I commend him. Bravo job.

Geez, that wold be brilliant, he sure doesn't look the part.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The sniper I saw interviewed said it was a fairly easy shot, with a stablized rifle, a good scope and laser target and Trump was pretty stationary, dont think 130 yards will be that affected by wind nor gravity, be interesting to know the wind speed at the time, might tell a story.

It certainly did not affected the counter snipers shot. 

• Cheers 1

It's official. The US is a third world country. Only third world countries have assassinations (or attempts) on their leaders. Canada had a terrorist back in the 70s called FLQ. They got eradicated fast.

I hope Canada and the rest of the world stay free of this distinction.  Canada is no hellhole.

I just saw a National Post article about someone's opinion that Trump's re-election was assured after this assassination attempt - L-O-L. The National Post is run by an American hedgefund. I'll be clear: assassination attempts are not welcome in this country, regardless of how hated a politician is. That said, Trump is definitely not getting re-elected because of 'sympathy' votes.

• Cheers 1

Breaking news: Hillary Clinton was seen jumping into a getaway car driven by Warhippy, police are now looking for a white Bronco.

Note, for the record not true, totally made up in the spirit of humor.

• Haha 3
  • chaos 1