US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It would be a smart move imo for trump to come out today and call for moderation and a reset of the national discourse. It would buy him a lot of moderate support.

Well, he did say this:

Trump called on the country to tone down vitriolic rhetoric and promote unity, and implored voters to consider the personal sides and loved ones of politicians going forward. 

“This morning, ascend above the hate, the vitriol, and the simple-minded ideas that ignite violence,” Trump wrote.

Both commendable and questionable (given the source).

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

The thought is the shooter was in the area assigned to local law enforcement in the overall security detail anc it was probably local law enforcement who dropped the ball

And you believe this?

Make the dumb local law enforcement the patsies? Convenient no?

They would have mapped out the entire area and made sure any high risk areas were completely covered. 

Do I need to remind you of the secret service member that was called off of Kennedy’s security detail right before he was shot?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

If there's any sort of conspiracy here it's the question of whether or not security was intentionally negligent.

That is a real possibility but impossible to prove.

The idea that Trump personally arranged an attempt on his life or that his party did, in order to gain him votes is ridiculous and would never be kept silent.

The idea that the democratic party would attempt this is even more insane as they know the martyr syndrome among voters means an almost immediate loss regardless of any success in an assassination attempt.

The question comes down to motive on the killer and nothing more.

Bingo. There is one reason why I haven’t been keeping up to date on this incident other than what is discussed here.  All the shit thrown around by various news sources and tweets etc..is a bit much to deal with.  

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, dannydog said:

Totally taken out of context. A couple of idiots and an image shot to represent Hitler. HAHA ok yet mainstream media and publicized TV are what drive this narrative. Show me the facts. Watch trumps speech before Jan6 and then watch the video put together at the trial. Clips and snippets . 

What facts?

You said imagery.  Symbolism.

This has been allowed to perpetuate.

You can not defame a magazine or news article for making the connection in imagery and ignore this real world stuff taken at 45s Rally's from people supporting him without being run off.

Imagery and all that

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Bingo. There is one reason why I haven’t been keeping up to date on this incident other than what is discussed here.  All the shit thrown around by various news sources and tweets etc..is a bit much to deal with.  

Exactly.

Media and politicians or pundits are racing to name the individual with apparent bias .  Hoping it's not one of theirs and a good story line or political narrative can be hard to create further stories or conversations to keep people scared or angry

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If there's any sort of conspiracy here it's the question of whether or not security was intentionally negligent.

The idea that Trump personally arranged an attempt on his life or that his party did, in order to gain him votes is ridiculous and would never be kept silent.

The idea that the democratic party would attempt this is even more insane as they know the martyr syndrome among voters means an almost immediate loss regardless of any success in an assassination attempt.

You still think it’s about parties?

The parties are just puppets on a wheel. The real people that want to maintain power and control make these calls.

You don’t think JFK was actually killed by Lee Harvey Oswald do you? There’s enough evidence there now that most intelligent people can see the events didn’t happen the way they portrayed it. If the CIA or whatever organization sees them as a threat to the country they’ll justify something like this.

I find it scary that people still have trust for the US government after they’ve shown through their history to be anything but trustworthy and moral.

• Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Well, he did say this:

Trump called on the country to tone down vitriolic rhetoric and promote unity, and implored voters to consider the personal sides and loved ones of politicians going forward. 

“This morning, ascend above the hate, the vitriol, and the simple-minded ideas that ignite violence,” Trump wrote.

Both commendable and questionable (given the source).

Was that Donald or his wife? 

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The imagery?

The issue with symbolism is it carries.

128849360_web1_stilp-3.jpg.webp

download.webp

9.18.22_reuters_maga_salute_copy_nysenate_header.jpg

6749f1bf0c96655997ee63ccb01a79cb7c-23-donald-trump-salute.2x.rsquare.w400.webp

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Agreed . In his mind trump had to die. Him alone. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Granted, I can only talk about the people I know who vote Con, and most of them are relatively well informed, but they wouldn't vote trump if he was the last politician on earth

If they can vote for Skippy, it's a quick hop over to trump vs Biden.

If you made them choose I have no doubt most CPC supporters would pick Trump.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Was that Donald or his wife? 

Donald.  Melania said this:

“I am thinking of you, now, my fellow Americans. We have always been a unique union. America, the fabric of our gentle nation is tattered, but our courage and common sense must ascend and bring us back together as one,” she wrote. 
“When I watched that violent bullet strike my husband, Donald, I realized my life, and Barron’s life, were on the brink of devastating change,” she wrote in a statement on Sunday. “I am grateful to the brave Secret Service agents and law enforcement officials who risked their own lives to protect my husband.” 

Trump expressed condolences to the families of those killed and injured in the shooting and called the shooter “a monster” while speaking fondly of her husband.  

“A monster who recognized my husband as an inhuman political machine attempted to ring out Donald’s passion – his laughter, ingenuity, love of music, and inspiration,” she wrote. “The core facets of my husband’s life – his human side – were buried below the political machine. Donald, the generous and caring man who I have been with through the best of times and the worst of times.” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

Donald.  Melania said this:

“I am thinking of you, now, my fellow Americans. We have always been a unique union. America, the fabric of our gentle nation is tattered, but our courage and common sense must ascend and bring us back together as one,” she wrote. 
“When I watched that violent bullet strike my husband, Donald, I realized my life, and Barron’s life, were on the brink of devastating change,” she wrote in a statement on Sunday. “I am grateful to the brave Secret Service agents and law enforcement officials who risked their own lives to protect my husband.” 

Trump expressed condolences to the families of those killed and injured in the shooting and called the shooter “a monster” while speaking fondly of her husband.  

“A monster who recognized my husband as an inhuman political machine attempted to ring out Donald’s passion – his laughter, ingenuity, love of music, and inspiration,” she wrote. “The core facets of my husband’s life – his human side – were buried below the political machine. Donald, the generous and caring man who I have been with through the best of times and the worst of times.” 

GSdW6OEWsAAcE4C.jpeg

GSdW6OBWEAAeORS.jpeg

33 Shootings and 3 stabbings, mainland US wide, in the 24 hours immediately prior to the assassination attempt by a psychopath on Donald Trump, arguably another psychopath. 
in the hours since that event: 49 shootings incidents and three stabbings, mainland US wide.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm enjoying the conspiracy angles from the two tribes.

- Trump staged this to look like the chosen one. Everything was perfect... dodged a bullet, raised fist in defiance

- Biden ordered it, bunch of secret service involved, but the kid missed.

🎯

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

If they can vote for Skippy, it's a quick hop over to trump vs Biden.

If you made them choose I have no doubt most CPC supporters would pick Trump.

I found this, although they only polled 2175 I think it tells the tale of larger support for Trump.

https://sparkadvocacy.ca/insights/2024/01/trump-would-lose-canada-but-not-by-as-much-as-you-might-think

IMG_3605.jpeg

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm enjoying the conspiracy angles from the two tribes.

- Trump staged this to look like the chosen one. Everything was perfect... dodged a bullet, raised fist in defiance

- Biden ordered it, bunch of secret service involved, but the kid missed.

🎯

Don’t ask questions.

Everything happened exactly the way they said it did.

Do they teach history in school anymore? Or is it all just propaganda now?

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

The shooter

240714-Thomas-Matthew-Crooks-vl-1051a-b7f554.webp.9538410d8440882f8acbc05fdaf92984.webpimage.jpeg.9870818b7412a0a5967343d00b76a10e.jpeg

“Complete psychopath”

Yet he somehow has the skills to covertly sneak through some of the best security in the world with a rifle in his hands. 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t ask questions.

Everything happened exactly the way they said it did.

Do they teach history in school anymore? Or is it all just propaganda now?

I said i am enjoying it.

Which angle are you going down?

Staged for Trump or failed attempt for Joe and crew?

Edited by bishopshodan

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I said i am enjoying it.

Which angle would are you going down?

Staged for Trump or failed attempt for Joe and crew?

Neither.

Who do you think killed JFK?

Let me ask you this. Do you think there could be organizations above or adjacent to these parties that might think Trump getting a second term is a national security threat?

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Neither.

Let me ask you this. Do you think there could be organizations above or adjacent to these parties that might think Trump getting a second term is a national security threat?

Awesome

Inside job. Deep state stuff.....I was just talking about Bohemian Grove last week on here.

Sorry about missing your 3rd option.

Edited by bishopshodan

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Chat gpt for the win

Notice the letter didn't mention the word Trump. I don't think ai allows positive Trump letters.

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Neither.

I lean the other way that it feels like more of a false flag operation.  If it were truly political, he'd be dead

That said, it's most likely just a lonely, disgruntled kid with easy access to a high powered weapon