US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

The shooter is 2 years removed from.highschool with no previous  civil militia type behaviors and experience 

How without any training he got an assault rifle inside past multiple security and could set up on high ground and have time to take several shots is a huge issue 

One theory is they Felt this would never happen to Trump so where solely focused on preventing embarrassing protesters 

In any event something doesn't add up. Someone was clearly asleep at the wheel 

Edited by Sapper
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Awesome

Inside job. Deep state stuff.....I was just talking about Boheimian Grove last week on here.

Sorry about missing your 3rd option.

Nope not deep state stuff.

Okay I’ll ask another question since you tap danced my first one.

Based on US history do you not think there are organizations in that country that would kill certain politicians in the name of national security?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That said, it's most likely just a lonely, disgruntled kid with easy access to a high powered weapon

Bullied kid responds with violence.

Over and over- yet nothing seems to change.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Based on US history do you not think there are organizations in that country that would kill certain politicians in the name of national security?

No,

asked you questions first.

I gave you two options, added a 3rd after your response.

I'll try again,

What do you think happened? Spell it out. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Sure.  Do you not think that an individual could act the same way? 

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Bullied kid responds with violence.

Over and over- yet nothing seems to change.

Just on a completely circumstancial, surface observation, it certainly looks that way

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

You mean aside from my history degree?

Oh Boy,

Sry Stawns, no offense.

I was teasing Deniro, via responding to you. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Sure.  Do you not think that an individual could act the same way? 

If allowed to sure.

I don’t believe that in a militarized high security country like the US they would oversee clear threats like building tops in that way unless on purpose.

This isn’t 1950 anymore. These threats are real and these professionals cover everything. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I mean failed assassination attempts do happen, even by professionals.

Security failures of this magnitude don’t happen in a country like the US unless they’re allowed to. When every person in that state has a gun, you don’t take chances.

But I’m sure they’ll direct the narrative towards the innocent person that was killed, and the failure of the local law enforcement. Forget that the secret service completely failed at securing an area.

I don't disagree, but I think if it really was an assassination attempt (which I don't think it was) the sniper would have gotten off at least two more head shots after the initial one.  After the graze, Trump just stood there for at least 4-5 seconds.

• Vintage 1

Security failures of this magnitude don’t happen in a country like the US unless they’re allowed to.

I really am not trying to rile you.

I am one that believes that most gov's are frauds. Lobby groups prove that. 

This sentence i quoted jumps out to me.... Would it be accurate to assume that the Jan 6 security failure was also planned in your perspective?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I really am not trying to rile you.

I am one that believes that most gov's are frauds. Lobby groups prove that. 

This sentence i quoted jumps out to me.... Would it be accurate to assume that the Jan 6 security failure was also planned in your perspective?

The solution to lobbying is simple, make it 100% public.

• ThereItIs 1

If allowed to sure.

I don’t believe that in a militarized high security country like the US they would oversee clear threats like building tops in that way unless on purpose.

This isn’t 1950 anymore. These threats are real and these professionals cover everything. 

Yup. Security would have had eyes on all roof tops within lethal shooting range, unless there was a serious mistake made. This kid climbed up on a roof (a couple hundred metres away?) and got off five shots! 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yep doesn't surprise me at all.

Except it's saying less than half of Cons would support trump, with the most in Alberta, mostly with young men (who generally don't actually vote that much, they just like to crow the loudest,).......that puts Trump at about 15% of Canadians, if they even voted

I mean failed assassination attempts do happen, even by professionals.

Security failures of this magnitude don’t happen in a country like the US unless they’re allowed to. When every person in that state has a gun, you don’t take chances.

But I’m sure they’ll direct the narrative towards the innocent person that was killed, and the failure of the local law enforcement. Forget that the secret service completely failed at securing an area.

You might be right on all this DeNiro though I have my doubts and I can't for the life of me understand how you are so sure of this theory.

Security failures, like any failures, can happen when people screw up.   Such failures do not always point to a grand conspiracy.  They point to fact that people can really screw up.   For all we know all the security team members were all close to heat stroke and we can all blame global warming.  That's my theory anyway.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree, but I think if it really was an assassination attempt (which I don't think it was) the sniper would have gotten off at least two more head shots after the initial one.  After the graze, Trump just stood there for at least 4-5 seconds.

The fact that he got off as many as he did is crazy enough.

I don’t know his level of training but I imagine the pressure of not having much time would have made him rush.

The fact that he came that close under the circumstances shows it could have gone according to plan very easily.

I think the days of having a second shooter are probably gone. This was their chance and it didn’t work.

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

A hired killer would not miss with one shot from that range. This was some wing-nut, pimple faced kid. How was he allowed to get on a roof so close? That’s (imo) the question. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This was their chance and it didn’t work

Who?

Anyway.

I gotta go to the gym.

This is my fav adult cartoon in the last few years btw...

on Netflix , highly recommend.