US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

You might be right on all this DeNiro though I have my doubts and I can't for the life of me understand how you are so sure of this theory.

Security failures, like any failures, can happen when people screw up.   Such failures do not always point to a grand conspiracy.  They point to fact that people can really screw up.   For all we know all the security team members were all close to heat stroke and we can all blame global warming.  That's my theory anyway.

Mistakes like this don’t happen with the level of planning these guys undertake.

I just don’t buy it. We’re not talking about music festival security that accidentally let someone slip through the gate.

These people are elite level security forces. You get to that level by making zero mistakes. And we’re not talking about a minor mistake. We’re talking about a colossal “oversight”.

Again, questions like these need to be brought up when something like this happens. Not being suspicious of a government that likely killed its own president twice is crazy to me.

I have no doubt there’s high level people in the US that are terrified of a second Trump term.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Security would have had eyes on all roof tops within lethal shooting range, unless there was a serious mistake made. This kid climbed up on a roof (a couple hundred metres away?) and got off five shots! 

I watched a good video with a guy who has worked many presidential and vp events.

Secret service works the very in close, personal level and they also work the outer level with snipers patrolling the distance for shooters.

Local law enforcement works rhd middle tier with the grounds, buildings etc and this is likely where the ball was dropped.........at the local law enforcement level.

He also noted that, while the secret service coordinates it all, there are several agencies working together and they are not familiar with each other and communication isn't good. 

He cites an experience he had where the comm between secret service and the local SWAT was so bad for a Bush#1 event, that secret service snipers were within seconds ov taking out SWAT members who were in the wrong position.......all the secret service saw were highly armed men in the area who weren't supposed to be there

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Who?

Anyway.

I gotta go to the gym.

This is my fav adult cartoon in the last few years btw...

on Netflix , highly recommend. 

I’ll get the names and addresses to you. 🤦‍♂️

Not having all the answers doesn’t mean you can’t/shouldn’t ask questions. 😉

• chaos 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If allowed to sure.

I don’t believe that in a militarized high security country like the US they would oversee clear threats like building tops in that way unless on purpose.

This isn’t 1950 anymore. These threats are real and these professionals cover everything. 

You would also think that bunch of guys with box cutters wouldn’t be able to do the damage they did.

Or that bunch of guys would just simple walk inside one of the most defended countries like Israel, but here we are.

If I listed all the failures of U.S military, intelligence, feds, law enforcement etc. we are going to be here for a while.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 2

The swiss cheese model of safety/danger.

A mistake is usually stopped right away, but sometimes that mistake is not stopped. Then another mistake occurs, and somehow that isn't stopped. get enough holes in the cheese and a wooden dowel will be able to go entirely through the brick of cheese- then it's a disaster.

Supposition.

1 division of police was given rooftop security responsibility.

That group divided up the roofs into pairs of guys to watch each roof.

For that roof, 1 of the pair had to go to the washroom, so told his partner-"Hey I'm gone for a minute, jeep sharp'.

Unfortunately guy number 2 is going through a nasty divorce, or had a hangover, and hurting eyes so just closed his eyes/mind for a second or two-that turned into just enough minutes to allow a killer to scale a roof and shoot multiple people.

-----------------------------------------------------

Humans will make human mistakes.

Doesn't have to be a plan/conspiracy; just humans being human.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Mistakes like this don’t happen with the level of planning these guys undertake.

I just don’t buy it. We’re not talking about music festival security that accidentally let someone slip through the gate.

These people are elite level security forces. You get to that level by making zero mistakes. And we’re not talking about a minor mistake. We’re talking about a colossal “oversight”.

Again, questions like these need to be brought up when something like this happens. Not being suspicious of a government that likely killed its own president twice is crazy to me.

I have no doubt there’s high level people in the US that are terrified of a second Trump term.

Look below, security glitches happen often at these events.  Multiple agencies who have never worked together, some highly trained and some, especially local ones, not much at all.  

It's often a communication clusterfuck

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Once again, you may be right and you may be wrong but I question your (or anyone's) ability to be so sure.  That's my main point.   Who are you (or I ) to know anything for sure, especially at this stage?

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nope not deep state stuff.

Okay I’ll ask another question since you tap danced my first one.

Based on US history do you not think there are organizations in that country that would kill certain politicians in the name of national security?

Yes but I think the people pulling the strings behind a presidential face truly have the power. People with all the money and the most to lose Blackrock, Blackstone, Carlyle ect. Trump is to much of a wild card to control. If any such conspiracy theory I’d investigate would be if those particular parties were named.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’ll get the names and addresses to you. 🤦‍♂️

Not having all the answers doesn’t mean you can’t/shouldn’t ask questions. 😉

Ok, lets call it quits.

I didnt mean names and addresses, you know that, dont know why you are being so dodgy and defensive about simple general questions.

Watch that cartoon, you'll love it. 

Yes, money rules the world. Me and you are not as different as you want us to be it seems, but you are not paying attention. 

We'll never likely know the truth and yes, I believe JFK was an inside job if that is what you also need to hear.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

The swiss cheese model of safety/danger.

A mistake is usually stopped right away, but sometimes that mistake is not stopped. Then another mistake occurs, and somehow that isn't stopped. get enough holes in the cheese and a wooden dowel will be able to go entirely through the brick of cheese- then it's a disaster.

Supposition.

1 division of police was given rooftop security responsibility.

That group divided up the roofs into pairs of guys to watch each roof.

For that roof, 1 of the pair had to go to the washroom, so told his partner-"Hey I'm gone for a minute, jeep sharp'.

Unfortunately guy number 2 is going through a nasty divorce, or had a hangover, and hurting eyes so just closed his eyes/mind for a second or two-that turned into just enough minutes to allow a killer to scale a roof and shoot multiple people.

-----------------------------------------------------

Humans will make human mistakes.

Doesn't have to be a plan/conspiracy; just humans being human.

Anyone who has had experience with local law enforcement in the US, especially buttfuck USA, knows these guys aren't exactly the cream of the crop

• Vintage 3

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

lol if there is a conspiracy like you are drumming up, they could have done a way better job. Get a better shooter for one. One who doesn't miss from 150 meters. 

And all your talk about "elite level security forces" making zero mistakes surely worked very well in Japan, Slovia, and Brazil. Sorry facts don't lie. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, CBH1926 said:

You would also think that bunch of guys with box cutters wouldn’t be able to do the damage they did.

Or that bunch of guys would just simple walk inside one of the most defended countries like Israel, but here we are.

If I listed all the failures of U.S military, intelligence, feds, law enforcement etc. we are going to be here for a while.

If you believe all of those actually happened the way they did sure.

A shooting of a president is something that actually happened. They don’t take chances with stuff like this anymore just like they don’t take chances after 9/11.

Are you not at all suspicious how this was allowed to happen?

It’s fine to take comfort in believing this at face value. Much “easier” to live in a world where people simply made mistakes vs a world where governments kill its own leaders.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Much “easier” to live in a world where people simply made mistakes vs a world where governments kill its own leaders.

Ok, now you are just being condescending.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Look below, security glitches happen often at these events.  Multiple agencies who have never worked together, some highly trained and some, especially local ones, not much at all.  

It's often a communication clusterfuck

These people have done countless rallies like this. They’re well aware of all the security risks and working with local authorities.

Rooftops and windows are the number 1 threat at these things. There would be no reason to not have every building completely blocked off with police.

• Vintage 1

How many Secret Service agents do you think are assigned to the detail?

This isn't like they have the military following him around, or multiple Apache gunships flying around.

Sounds more of typical poor cooperation between Secret Service and Law Enforcement.

Despite the Department of Homeland Security who is supposed to get all the agencies working together....

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Anyone who has had experience with local law enforcement in the US, especially buttfuck USA, knows these guys aren't exactly the cream of the crop

Just have to watch any of those thousands of 'First Amendment Audit' vids on You tube.

Like at this point how can the cops not know it is perfectly legal to film/video anything you want, that can be seen from a public space.?

Yet they continue to falsely arrest people, and then their employer has to  pay out on the lawsuit.

over and over

but in many states, it takes longer to get your hairdressing licence than to become a cop.

• Vintage 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

These people have done countless rallies like this. They’re well aware of all the security risks and working with local authorities.

Rooftops and windows are the number 1 threat at these things. There would be no reason to not have every building completely blocked off with police.

Again, the secret service usually covers the close in anc distance tiers and local law enforcement covers the middle tier, which is where the shooter was.  People were allegedly telling local police there was a guy with a gun on the roof and they didn't do anything.  

Imo, this was a mistake of poorly trained local law enforcement

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

Except it's saying less than half of Cons would support trump, with the most in Alberta, mostly with young men (who generally don't actually vote that much, they just like to crow the loudest,).......that puts Trump at about 15% of Canadians, if they even voted

It's a poll of voter intentions across the board tho.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

As I said after reading that the first time it was posted.......the Dems to change that narrative asap.  

Whoops.  My bad.  I've been in and out of the thread since yesterday.  too much vitriol.

I'll delete it.  Please accept my apologies.

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Just have to watch any of those thousands of 'First Amendment Audit' vids on You tube.

Like at this point how can the cops not know it is perfectly legal to film/video anything you want, that can be seen from a public space.?

Yet they continue to falsely arrest people, and then their employer has to  pay out on the lawsuit.

over and over

but in many states, it takes longer to get your hairdressing licence than to become a cop.

Or even worse, sherrifs are elected.....so it's just a popularity contest rather than being qualified

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

As is blanketing anyone with questions as conspiracy theorists as if they’re all wearing tinfoil hats.

I think people are just disagreeing with you, or at least not completely agreeing.   I did use the word conspiracy in one of my posts but just in passing; not as an accusation.   I have no idea what type of hat you wear.