US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Well us liberals have a lot historical precedent to refer to.

https://www.axios.com/2023/02/23/mass-killings-extremism-adl-report-2022

All U.S. extremist mass killings in 2022 linked to far right, report says

Right-wing extremists committed every ideologically driven mass killing identified in the U.S. in 2022, with an "unusually high" proportion perpetrated by white supremacists, according to a new report published Thursday.

I like how this article is conveniently structed for eXtReMiSt mass shootings while leaving out the overwhelming majority that are committed by blacks against other blacks.

• Confused 1

I'm guessing, that as time goes on, it will turn out this young guy did a fairly substantial amount of talking about his ideology.

However most folk thought it was just an angry guy 'blowing off steam' and believed that the shooter would be ok, in a few minutes once the 'hype/anger' dissipated.

22 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Absolute hero. I hope the scumbag shooter rots in hell, including the people (you know who you are) who were cheering him on.

Other than the cult part about trump

5 minutes ago, Petey O said:

I like how this article is conveniently structed for eXtReMiSt mass shootings while leaving out the overwhelming majority that are committed by blacks against other blacks.

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So if they save the president from being shot 9 times out of 10 they’re doing their job well? 🤣

I am just suggesting that security would have the routine down and the chances of a shooter getting thru not likely. The fact that he did is suspicious and has to be investigated to the fullest. But heh, the stole + $20 from Pearson Airport without a trace. I thought a Brinks truck in front of a Dollar Store was excessive. My sad attempt to lighten the moment. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Bad take.   It's all in the numbers and huge numbers of people tend to die in the hate driven shootings.   Large enough numbers that people take notice and write articles like this one.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So if they save the president from being shot 9 times out of 10 they’re doing their job well? 🤣

4 out of 5 doctors agree, that 5 out of 6 dentists are right.

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The shooter didn’t just randomly open up, he had to climb up the building with his rifle and then set up into a shooting position, this took some time. I think it has to be answered how this was missed. If I had to bet, and I’m purely speculating, my guess would be complacency.

It wasn't missed, it was reported to police by onlookers.  It was a failure of law enforcement 

9 minutes ago, Petey O said:

This is false, and a basic google search will tell you this.

10 minutes ago, Petey O said:

You really don't understand voter registration in the US if you think merely being registered as one or the other is significant.

It's so, so easy to change affiliations in order to vote for candidates of either party you'd like to win, or to vote against someone.

Leftists using his voter registration despite a donation to ActBlue to declare him a social republican is typical.

15 minutes ago, Petey O said:

No. I dislike RINO types even more than I do democrats.

It doesn't change anything if he's a registered republican or democrat.

It's hilarious that liberals in here have turned into conspiracy theorists overnight.

17 minutes ago, Petey O said:

"Coping" would be trying to come up with a conspiratorial spin when there's valid information out there about the shooter's motivations.

There's not.

So, how am I coping?

The biggest copers are liberals

20 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Or he was a democrat who changed his affiliation to republican to vote for Nikki Haley (a common strategy of democrats this cycle).

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/story/2024-01-08/register-republican-vote-nikki-haley-thats-how-we-stop-trump

His donation to Act Blue and the fact he targeted Trump lead a lot more toward that being the reality than anything else.

But, of course, liberals are going to come up with ridiculous reasoning behind the shooter's motivations.

Why don't we wait for more information?

7 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Damn eh

You REALLY need this guy to be a liberal/leftist/Democrat or secret Boden plant don't you

Just re watching the old SNL episodes where Buckwheat got shot.

While funny- they sure seem to nail a lot of points.

Pre cog.-psychic.

all these decades later. hammer meets nail.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I am just suggesting that security would have the routine down and the chances of a shooter getting thru not likely. The fact that he did is suspicious and has to be investigated to the fullest. But heh, the stole + $20 from Pearson Airport without a trace. I thought a Brinks truck in front of a Dollar Store was excessive. My sad attempt to lighten the moment. 

Once again, it's a multi agency task and the local law enforcement agencies are often under qualified, under trained anc under funded to play their part.

It's also worth noting that donalx trump is not thd POTUS, he is, currently, a private citizen.  He gets USSS protection, but like POTUS would get

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Just re watching the old SNL episodes where Buckwheat got shot.

While funny- they sure seem to nail a lot of points.

Pre cog.-psychic.

all these decades later. hammer meets nail.

So good

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Bad take.   It's all in the numbers and huge numbers of people tend to die in the hate driven shootings.   Large enough numbers that people take notice and write articles like this one.

"Hate driven"

Gangsters committing drivebys and shooting up clubs isn't "hate driven"?

It's only when white people do it, it's hate, right?

From 1966-2022, 54.1% of mass shooters have been white.

Black males are around 6.5% of the population. White people have ranged from 87% of the population to around 61% nowadays. 43.5% to 30.5% white men let's say.

Do the math on that and you're see these "hate" shootings are much less frequently white people.

The amount of brainwashing liberals have been put under is ridiculous.

Again, how are black mass shootings not 'hate filled', but white mass shootings are?

Edited by Petey O

Just now, stawns said:

It wasn't missed, it was reported to police by onlookers.  It was a failure of law enforcement 

My image of one of the jobs of the Secret Service is to scan the area for threats, they have people positioned to do so. Not sure how long it took him to climb up and set up, my question is why he wasn’t spotted by the Secret Service and neutralized earlier. If it was reported to the police and they did nothing as some people have claimed then this is a seperate issue that needs to be investigated as well.

6 minutes ago, Petey O said:

I like how this article is conveniently structed for eXtReMiSt mass shootings while leaving out the overwhelming majority that are committed by Blacks against other Blacks.

Fixed it for you. Wouldn't want you looking like a racist, now would we? You're welcome.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Once again, it's a multi agency task and the local law enforcement agencies are often under qualified, under trained anc under funded to play their part.

It's also worth noting that donalx trump is not thd POTUS, he is, currently, a private citizen.  He gets USSS protection, but like POTUS would get

USSS protection does ramp up when the general election gets going.  RFK Jr. bitched about not getting upped USSS protection earlier on.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

My image of one of the jobs of the Secret Service is to scan the area for threats, they have people positioned to do so. Not sure how long it took him to climb up and set up, my question is why he wasn’t spotted by the Secret Service and neutralized earlier. If it was reported to the police and they did nothing as some people have claimed then this is a seperate issue that needs to be investigated as well.

As was brought up by the former agent I mentioned before.  Secret service snipers would have been positioned to be on the lookout for shooters farther off and someond that close wouldn't have been in thieir line of sight.  That tier of protection would have fallen to local law enforcement.

5 minutes ago, Petey O said:

"Hate driven"

Black males are around 6.5% of the population. White people have ranged from 87% of the population to around 61% nowadays. 43.5% to 30.5% white men let's say.

Do the math on that and you're see these "hate" shootings are much less frequently white people.

Again, how are black mass shootings not 'hate filled', but white mass shootings are?

You do realize that there are multiple motivations for murder, RIGHT?

Gang drive by is a type of motive that doesn't equate political motivations.  Political motivations in shootings is almost exclusively a right-wing phenomenon.  

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

As was brought up by the former agent I mentioned before.  Secret service snipers would have been positioned to be on the lookout for shooters farther off and someond that close wouldn't have been in thieir line of sight.  That tier of protection would have fallen to local law enforcement.

Weren’t the police on the ground? How could they take out a guy on the roof, isn’t that the job of the snipers? Why wouldn’t they scan the nearest building to Trump, that just makes no sense to me. 

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

USSS protection does ramp up when the general election gets going.  RFK Jr. bitched about not getting upped USSS protection earlier on.

I agree, but technically thd campaign hadn't started yet as he is only thd presumptive nominer.  He'd get USSS protection mainly because he's the former president........at least until he becomes the actual nominee

I really hope this kid turns out to be a serious qanon nut.

I'm also not ashamed to say I really wish he was a better shot.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Damn eh

You REALLY need this guy to be a liberal/leftist/Democrat or secret Boden plant don't you

Not really.

I'm not even convinced this thing wasn't a massive psyop by certain interests to increase nationalistic vigor in patriotic, mostly white men so the powers that be can send them to die in their wars.

I'm still processing the entire event, but my base instinct is that it wasn't staged, and anyone targeting Donald Trump is so far from "MAGA", voter registration doesn't even matter in the case of that movement.

Like I said, RINOs are even worse than democrats comparatively. And, either way, Trump propaganda will be able to spin this as "us vs them". It's the obvious angle.

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

"Hate driven"

Black males are around 6.5% of the population. White people have ranged from 87% of the population to around 61% nowadays.

The amount of brainwashing <whatever the fuck you are> have been put under is ridiculous.

There are as many types of hate as there are love.   Black kids don't shoot each other for being black.   They have some other stupid reason for doing so.

I would not question my math skills if I were you.  Instead, I suggest you proof read your own numbers.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Weren’t the police on the ground? How could they take out a guy on the roof, isn’t that the job of the snipers? Why wouldn’t they scan the nearest building to Trump, that just makes no sense to me. 

And the snipers did, after hd was in their line of sight, which only took, what, 8 seconds?

Police were informed there was an individual on the roof, with a rifle

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree, but technically thd campaign hadn't started yet as he is only thd presumptive nominer.  He'd get USSS protection mainly because he's the former president........at least until he becomes the actual nominee

I really hope this kid turns out to be a serious qanon nut.

I'm also not ashamed to say I really wish he was a better shot.  

You do realize that Qanon types consider Trump essentially the messiah, right? Why would he be a "qanon nut"?