US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Your thinking of Trumps Jan 6 speach.... And domestically to PP supporters in the klown Convey calling on the hanging of Truduea 

Some wished for death on Trudeau and some here wish for death on Trump.  Both are morally wrong.

Edited by bolt

Just now, bolt said:

Many people have said they would have liked that bullet to kill Trump. 

Nope. You're not getting off that easy. I said name names and you can't. Instead you fall back on the Trumpian "Many people say..."

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

Again if you think that's OK you have an internal issues to deal with.

I'm trying to be patient, but did you not see where I said NOT ME? Or did you not understand?

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

This isn't how we deal with things in a first world country regardless of affiliation.  

Of course it isn't, and NOBODY thinks it is so I don't know what you are on about. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Nope. You're not getting off that easy. I said name names and you can't. Instead you fall back on the Trumpian "Many people say..."

I'm trying to be patient, but did you not see where I said NOT ME? Or did you not understand?

Of course it isn't, and NOBODY thinks it is so I don't know what you are on about. 

I named one, and you can scroll up to find more.  

It's morally wrong to wish the death of any political opponent.  Why is that controversial to you?

5 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

There were SEVERAL people who said they wanted that bullet not to miss and wanted Trump dead. Are you actually suggesting there wasn’t?  Seriously?  How far back have you read since yesterday?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I said, twice, NOT ME. I'm beginning to think you can't read.

I answered you multiple times on your query,  do I have to repeat my previous answer?   Not sure why you want more  names?  Are you making a list?

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Yes or no did you want that bullet to kill Trump?

I answered you multiple times on your query,  do I have to repeat my previous answer?  

Fourth and final: NOT ME.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Fourth and final: NOT ME.

And why are you asking for names?  Are you making a list?  You can scroll up to find them.  The reply was from your intial reply with 4 different queries.

Edited by bolt

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There were SEVERAL people who said they wanted that bullet not to miss and wanted Trump dead. Are you actually suggesting there wasn’t?  Seriously?  How far back have you read since yesterday?  

I never said I wished him death, bug I'm not going to feel bad for lamenting that the kid wasn't a better shot.

I don't think anyone should go our and commit political violence, but if it did happen, I wouldn't be the least bit sorry or sad about it.  

He's ond of the most deplorable people to come along in the last 100 years

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

People choose to be divided. Politics is just one of several expressions of it.

Yes religion comes to mind as well

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So what ? People are free to have their opinions. 

Lots of trumpers have opinions on how others should live or die too.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That's exactly what's wrong with things on both sides...wanting blood which is barbaric and doesn't solve things.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

That's exactly what's wrong with things on both sides...wanting blood which is barbaric and doesn't solve things.

I think it's more that they don't care if he's dead. 

Trumps actions have caused a lot of people grief. I'm sure if Justin took away something you considered a fundamental right you may not shed a tear if someone took him out.

Also the left and right are not some kind of unified sides. Their extremes don't represent most people.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I never said they shouldn’t have an opinion. That wasn’t the issue. The poster was denying it happened. Over and over again. Which wasn’t true. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never said they shouldn’t have an opinion. That wasn’t the issue. The poster was denying it happened. Over and over again. Which wasn’t true. 

Ah. Well free speech and all that.

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Let's remember what they were chanting on Jan 6, what they say about AOC, how they reacted to pelosis husband was nearly beaten to death

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Let's remember what they were chanting on Jan 6, what they say about AOC, how they reacted to pelosis husband was nearly beaten to death

How many of the left are reacting to the attempted assassination is no different than the extreme trumpers in those situations.  

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

How many of the left are reacting to the attempted assassination is no different than the extreme trumpers in those situations.  

Really?  Seems to me all the politicians on the left are condemning political violence if any sort, as are all the media.......Biden even personally phone trump to make sure hes ok abd is setting up an investigation into security lapses.

Again, let's remember what right wing politicians and media did after Jan 6 and pelosis husband's attack.