US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Really?  Seems to me all the politicians on the left are condemning political violence if any sort, as are all the media.......Biden even personally phone trump to make sure hes ok abd is setting up an investigation into security lapses.

Again, let's remember what right wing politicians and media did after Jan 6 and pelosis husband's 

I'm taking about their supporters in this instance.

Edited by bolt

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

First off, I think a Ukrainian sniper has since broken the record in the last year or so.

Secondly, this was my first thought as well. How does someone get within 150 yards of a former president and current presidential candidate... ON A ROOF. Something doesn't add up. I'm not going to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole because no one except a very select few know at this moment. But IF all those details are true, then there was probably help from somewhere. This Canadian vet raises a good point; "if someone is good enough to get onto a roof within 150 yards of one of the most protected targets in the world, then he isn't missing that shot".

Anything is possible and maybe there was a gun hidden in a HVAC unit or something on the roof but if that's the case it is a HUGE oversight by the SS.

12 minutes ago, bolt said:

I'm taking about their supporters in this instance.

As opposed to reasonable members of the cult?

How about in Canada?  I don't recall anyone driving around with "Fuck Pollievre" signs on their trucks or pelting him with rocks as he tries to get on a bus or accosting him everytime he's out in public.

Quit trying the equate the behaviour on the right to the behaviour on the left.........it's not even remotely close

Edited by stawns
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Quit trying the equate the behaviour on the right to the behaviour on the left.........it's not even remotely close

Cheering on assassinations and calling for blood is vile.  They are similar and you know it. There is also an anti semititic epidemic which is more of a problem in on the left.  You don't think we should be concerned of left extremism?   Call out all bad behavior full stop.

Edited by bolt
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Cheering on assassinations and calling for blood is vile.  They are similar and you know it.

Cheering on attempted assassinations of pedophiles should be celebrated. 

Just now, bolt said:

Cheering on assassinations and calling for blood is vile.  They are similar and you know it.

Count the instances of moral transgressions on each side and get back to us.

7 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I hope that I'm not coming across as a conspiracy person on this one.  I just think the ball was dropped by the USSS and law enforcement on this one.

There’s also the possibility that Trump himself did not  want as much security as to keep his supporters from seeing him.  I also remember that at the Jan 6 rally, their camp was questioning why people were screened for guns before attending the rally.

10 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

This Canadian vet raises a good point; "if someone is good enough to get onto a roof within 150 yards of one of the most protected targets in the world, then he isn't missing that shot".

I was a bit confused by that - is he suggesting the 20 year old intentionally shot his ear rather than kill him? That’s absurd. You can see Trump shuffle his head milliseconds before he is knicked in the ear - that slight quick gesture looks to have saved his life. Some 20 year old from 300 feet away, with pressure of people shouting at him below, isn’t missing intentionally - he missed by accident.

Edited by Slegr

1 minute ago, bolt said:

you're like Gretchen Weiner and fetch............it's never going to happen

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

Cheering on assassinations and calling for blood is vile.  They are similar and you know it. There is also an anti semititic epidemic which is more of a problem in on the left.  You don't think we should be concerned of left extremism?   Call out all bad behavior full stop.

you think the left is anti-semetic?

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I was a bit confused by that - is he suggesting the 20 year old intentionally shot his ear rather than kill him? That’s absurd. You can see Trump shuffle his head milliseconds before he is knicked in the ear - that slight quick gesture looks to have saved his life. Some 20 year old from 300 feet away, with pressure of people shouting at him below, isn’t missing intentionally - he missed by accident.

I think the point is that with the level of security should have prevented the shooter from getting into that position with a gun. If someone misses a prone shot from a roof at 150 yards then he isn't a 'pro'. He insinuated that only highly trained individuals would be able to get into that position without help, and those individuals wouldn't miss that shot.

8 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

There’s also the possibility that Trump himself did not  want as much security as to keep his supporters from seeing him.  I also remember that at the Jan 6 rally, their camp was questioning why people were screened for guns before attending the rally.

Trump's team was recently beefed up so no, that's not the case.

Also, the former #2 guy at the FBI (frmr. Asst. Director Swecker) came on TV and has said that it was a total security breakdown from start to finish.  I just didn't come back to the board after I found that quote because nobody wants their opinions or their narratives challenged so I would just be wasting my time. 

Also, there are people farther down the 3 letter agency food chain that believe otherwise and since I know eff all about security, I can't argue it intelligently.  All I can do is guess and surmise more than I already have in a few posts and that would just be wasting everyone's time that read it.

21 hours ago, bolt said:

If only some posters could be  respectful as Nanci was on X.  It's not just a one sided issue as some like to claim.  There are obviously extremists on the right as well and the left as we seen today.   

Oh please.  Stop.  So you condemn a couple of posters on this relatively small site for wishing that the bullet did not miss and yet you fail to directly condemn the despicable behavior of Trump and his hell spawn for what they said after Pelosi’s husband was almost bludgeoned to death.  I get that you are a Trump supporter but please spare me the hypocrisy.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bolt said:

How many of the left are reacting to the attempted assassination is no different than the extreme trumpers in those situations.  

Huh...I don't see any in the political left openly advocating or cheering for the rape and or murder of political rivals or mocking the attacks on them.

But go off

36 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

First off, I think a Ukrainian sniper has since broken the record in the last year or so.

Secondly, this was my first thought as well. How does someone get within 150 yards of a former president and current presidential candidate... ON A ROOF. Something doesn't add up. I'm not going to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole because no one except a very select few know at this moment. But IF all those details are true, then there was probably help from somewhere. This Canadian vet raises a good point; "if someone is good enough to get onto a roof within 150 yards of one of the most protected targets in the world, then he isn't missing that shot".

Anything is possible and maybe there was a gun hidden in a HVAC unit or something on the roof but if that's the case it is a HUGE oversight by the SS.

He was a 20 year old amateur tho. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dannydog said:

You could justify this. Just the mention of said monster  relating speeches inaccurately will draw pictures in people’s minds of both hitler and trump in like minds. Did you see the imagery? Not unintentional.

Last week Biden had dimentia. I was told that he could barely form a thought. :classic_ninja:

It's really sad that this individual got to the point where he almost killed a political candidate 

And all that is happening right now is that candidate is trying to promote their position and his party and supporters are desperately trying to to do everything to label this kid and his parents as democrats as opposed to just Americans 

Including making references to their income.  Suggesting the parents failed the kid and more

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Oh please.  Stop.  So you condemn a couple of posters on this relatively small site for wishing that the bullet did not miss and yet you fail to directly condemn the despicable behavior of Trump and his hell spawn for what they said after Pelosi’s husband was almost bludgeoned to death.  I get that you are a Trump supporter but please spare me the hypocrisy.  

You can't even condemn your own side so spare me the lecture.  All extremism is dangerous regardless of political wing..

I condemn the pelusi home Intruder as well is that what you want me to say?

Edited by bolt

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

You can't even condemn your own side so spare me the lecture.  All extremism is dangerous regardless of polical wing..

You are so very righteous today Bolt.   Where has that been all this time?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Another way to look at this, is to consider that some of us oppose the death penalty. I don’t wish that the shooter killed Trump.

Instead I wish that Trump was behind bars serving time for his crimes. Just like any of us would be if we committed the crimes that he has. 

No one would oppose the death penalty when your talking about monsters like Stalin/Ceausescu/Hitler. Trump isn't on that level despite the rhetoric & even those who hate him know it. Which is why many anti-trump people are glad he wasn't killed. 

The ones that do think he's on that level have already expressed their disappointment, If anyone knows the internet personality 'Destiny' for example, he's already destroyed his career making that perfectly clear.  

12 hours ago, Sapper said:

Much like most mass shooters in the USA it's a deranged person. They could have just as easily picked another target .... 

Uhhh... Idk, Trump is likely the #1 target in America, and has been for some time.

12 hours ago, Sapper said:

The fact that the last several years these nationalist leaders have focused on campaigns telling people who to hate is giving rise to violence and the break down in civil behavior on both sides of the border 

I get it hate sells and hate farming yields fantastic results ..... But before we pass the point of no return it's time for nationalist leaders to turn down the rehtoeic.

This is the natural path society takes when we are told that we must hate the other side and person .... 

I'm glad Trump is ok .... Saddened that someone got killed just for attending a politically rally ..   violence is not the answer and never will be. But on both sides of the border they have those on both extremes so enraged that although saddened by it ... No one is surprised by it

The corporate media is at best just as guilty of this as 'nationalist leaders'. The press have been at it for decades & have enjoyed a larger reach of influence, which thankfully is declining rapidly.

Politicians are horrible no doubt, they'll say anything that serves them gaining power but the corporate press has alot of blood on their hands aswell.

11 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

There wont be a civil war.

I asked last night what it might look like and nobody could tell me. 

People just like to say civil war but imo the truth is that most in the USA have it too comfy. They arn't going to put their life on the line. They would rather battle on the internet, eat some fast food, and watch WWE. Life is still far too good for the idea of a real civil war happening.

At most I think a few skirmishes at protests and a few more shootings. Sorta par for the course but with a bit more spice for a while. 

But Trump has this in the bag now, no doubt. Best thing that could happen for him. 

I agree. And its a good thing Trump wasn't killed or we would be in a much different world in regards to the 'civil war' possibility. 

And I don't even know that a full blown civil war would happen, if anything their would be escalating violence, the government in response would go into full totalitarian authoritarianism, and then people would either (a) fight the gov't unsuccessfully, (b) attempt to band together with others for their freedom (perhaps politically seek succession in a certain state/area, or (c) many would just accept their fate. 

But I don't think it would go into a full on blood bath/race to kill everyone on the other side, full on authoritarianism is far more likely than anything like the last civil war imo.  

11 hours ago, Satchmo said:

You post intrigued me so I looked it up.   You exaggerate.   He was not called Hitler, or a Nazi, or a fascist.   They pointed out some similarities in terms used in speeches by both Trump and Hitler.

How Trump’s rhetoric compares with Hitler’s

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/11/13/how-trumps-rhetoric-compares-hitlers/

The message here is very clear imo.

• Vintage 1