US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No one would oppose the death penalty when your talking about monsters like Stalin/Ceausescu/Hitler. Trump isn't on that level despite the rhetoric & even those who hate him know it. Which is why many anti-trump people are glad he wasn't killed. 

You keep getting this part wrong.   People aren't glad he survived because 'he's not quite as bad as Hitler'.  They are glad he survived because assassination is not really very democratic now is it?.   A bit more thought leads one to believe that his death could have caused chaos and havoc in America as the MAGA's reacted to it.

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

Stunning and brave.

We're your neighbours. We're at your workplace. We smile at you and say hello as you pass by us on the street.

We're everywhere. And we're growing. There's nothing you can do about it.

spacer.png

Are you guys the Borg?  Is resistance futile?

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Damn eh

You REALLY need this guy to be a liberal/leftist/Democrat or secret Boden plant don't you

It's only a matter of time before the narrative becomes: George Soros personally paid the guy in cold hard cash to pull the trigger... :classic_ninja:

7 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Stunning and brave.

We're your neighbours. We're at your workplace. We smile at you and say hello as you pass by us on the street.

spacer.png

You're about as far a fringe outlier as one can get mate. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump's team was recently beefed up so no, that's not the case.

Also, the former #2 guy at the FBI (frmr. Asst. Director Swecker) came on TV and has said that it was a total security breakdown from start to finish.  I just didn't come back to the board after I found that quote because nobody wants their opinions or their narratives challenged so I would just be wasting my time. 

Also, there are people farther down the 3 letter agency food chain that believe otherwise and since I know eff all about security, I can't argue it intelligently.  All I can do is guess and surmise more than I already have in a few posts and that would just be wasting everyone's time that read it.

People think that some of these agencies are all mighty and never make any mistakes.

I remember when SF were going to rescue hostages in Iran and they failed.

Once i got into the details of this operation, it looked like Mickey Mouse was in charge of the preparation.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You keep getting this part wrong.   People aren't glad he survived because 'he's not quite as bad as Hitler'.  They are glad he survived because assassination is not really very democratic now is it?.   A bit more thought leads one to believe that his death could have caused chaos and havoc in America as the MAGA's reacted to it.

I'm coming at this from a moral perspective, in what world would the 'we have to respect democracy' nonsense be adequate justification for wanting the safety of an evil genocidal authoritarian.

I imagine many if not most people would have no qualms with a child molester being killed, let alone dictators who commit genocide. I can't believe this even an argument tbh.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Did you read the article or are you just going on Twitter reactions to it?

Yes. Its full the author trying to make comparisons to Hitler, and draw a straight line from one to the other, its exactly what the title says

But the point moreso was the WaPo has absolutely gone down this road of comparisons to Hitler. And its not good.

Even if it was misleading (which its not), the picture & title gets more attention/views than anything in the body and everyone knows it. It sends a message. 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm coming at this from a moral perspective, in what world would the 'we have to respect democracy' nonsense be adequate justification for wanting the safety of an evil genocidal authoritarian.

I imagine many if not most people would have no qualms with a child molester being killed, let alone dictators who commit genocide. I can't believe this even an argument tbh.

Yes. Its full the author trying to make comparisons to Hitler, and draw a straight line from one to the other, its exactly what the title says

But the point moreso was the WaPo has absolutely gone down this road of comparisons to Hitler. And its not good.

Even if it was misleading (which its not), the picture & title gets more attention/views than anything in the body and everyone knows it. It sends a message. 

I think I see your point yet I'm left feeling you have totally missed mine.   Let's not discuss this anymore.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I would simply just say that in this case, a person's love of the republic and their belief in the democratic process is higher than the hate they may feel to the individual. It's not nonsense.

The American democratic experiment is based on the premise that all men are created equal and should be entitled to life, liberty and a pursuit of happiness. Sometimes to uphold this ideal you have to allow the system to work itself out and give everyone a fair chance, even for those that are actively cheering against this premise. There are those who believe that man will always be an island and in big enough groups we will tear ourselves apart.

From moral point of view. You may be killing what your mind is a monster, but you're creating a new one. Yourself.

And even if you believe with certainty that happens, you can't punish someone for what you think they might do and hasnt happened yet, everyone here is innocent until proven guilty. 

The true test of your principles and your integrity from moments like this.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Stunning and brave.

spacer.png

First, they came for their Arby's.

I'll continue refraining from commenting anything on the shooter, I'll give it a few days to breath for more info to come to light. 

Just that...for those that are trying to pin this on a team. That plays into the hands of everyone who is opposed to our collective values.

And for those who wished the bullet didn't miss. It's not productive, yes there is an attempt to make equivalence at play here, feel free to address that. But I guarantee you had the bullet not missed, putting aside the fact that someone dies, and not even being altruistic here just cold logic, everyone one of us would have been way worse off had the shooter not missed.

Edited by DSVII
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

He was a 20 year old amateur tho. 

Exactly. The Canadian sniper's point was that the amateur had to have had help to get on a roof with a gun 150 yards from Trump. The insinuation was that only a pro/highly trained individual could slip SS like that, and a pro wouldn't miss from there. He basically said there must have been an accomplice of some kind. His words, not mine.

53 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Stunning and brave.

spacer.png

You know, I have only read the last few pages of this topic and I seen this type of mindset before. This one person realized how he was thinking and how he was wasting his life being angry all the time( he was a white supremist). What a waste. In the end, he LEARNED how to enjoy life and realized he had thinking errors which caused his unhappiness.

At the end of the day, you cannot control what other people do so why spend your whole life thinking you can?

At some point you will realize that you are a human being fighting against other human beings for BEING HUMAN BEINGS! Your only true enemy is YOUR EGO.

Hopefully you will realize this at a time when you can still enjoy the good things in life. Some don't. 

I have heard the words you spoke above for decades by others and the cold hard fact is that you are in the minority in your thinking. 

If you don't think that we as a species cannot learn and grow in how we were thinking 60-70 years ago, what is that saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome? 

Evolution has happened and we no longer think the earth is flat. 

Learn to "let go" , once you do that , you will be a lot happier person and what others do around you will not matter so much. 

Edited by EdgarM
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Trump shooting: UBC prof celebrates assassination attempt, then deletes social media (msn.com)

Vancouver Sun

Follow

22.8K Followers

Trump shooting: UBC prof celebrates assassination attempt, then deletes social media

A UBC professor is in hot water after posting a tweet that appeared to celebrate the assassination attempt of former U.S. president Donald Trump , and another which lamented its failure.

“Damn, so close. Too bad,” wrote Karen Pinder, a professor at UBC’s medical school on X. “What a glorious day this could have been!”

The tweet was published early Saturday. Pinder almost immediately deleted her account, but not before another user named @IR_AMauntie replied, “I reeeeeally wish the person had better aim.”

Kareem Allam, a Vancouver crisis PR expert, said the social media gaffe is potentially politically divisive for British Columbians already feeling the influence of U.S. style culture wars, while ramping up for the fall provincial election.

While B.C. premier David Eby and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau were quick to publish statements on social media condemning the act of violence, Pinder’s tweet was seized upon by B.C. Conservative party leader John Rustad.

Rustad said “this kind of radicalism” doesn’t belong in B.C. classrooms, and retweeted the account of someone who called Pinder a monster and demanded she be fired.

“This is why so much hate and violence occurs in British Columbia,” wrote Conservative party candidate Chris Sankey in reference to Pinder’s tweet.

In a letter to administrators, McGill PhD student Jamie Magrill expressed concern for the feelings of conservative UBC students. “How could a medical student from the U.S. who identifies as Republican feel safe in her class? A student who identifies as Conservative?”

Pinder’s tweet has the potential to drive Conservative anger in the province, and the party will target the provincial government because, although UBC is independent, it receives substantial provincial and federal funding, said Allam.

“The conservatives are running a populist anti-establishmentarian campaign, and here is a member of an established academic organization seemingly responsible for shaping future decision makers inciting violence or demonstrating gratification of violence,” said Allam.

Although Pinder’s tweet may not represent the university’s point of view, that’s how many will interpret it, said Allam.

“University professors have a duty to provide context in times of crisis, rather than making divisive comments. What a university professor should be doing is analyzing and providing context, not piling on to what’s going on in the media, and that’s why the outrage is so strong,” said Allam.

Universities, like most employers, have code of conduct policies governing social media use, and Pinder deserves due process within the framework of that policy, said Allam.

The rules for people who are in the public eye are different than they are for those who are connected to high-profile institutions, said Allam.

“We are all entitled to our private thoughts but when you are attached to an institution like a university, you carry a lot of agency and the responsibility is higher.”

In a statement on Sunday, UBC spokesperson Thandi Fletcher said, “The university is aware of Dr. Pinder’s post and is looking into the matter. The university does not condone violence of any kind.”

UBC would not confirm whether @IR_AMauntie, the account that replied to Pinder, is a university employee, citing their privacy policy.

Postmedia attempted to reach out to Pinder but did not receive a response.

Trudeau said he was sickened by the shooting, and that “violence is never acceptable.”

Eby expressed similar sentiments, stating in a tweet released shortly after the news broke, “No matter your politics, the attempted assassination of a former president and presidential candidate is horrific. The people of British Columbia abhor political violence in all its forms.”

dryan@postmedia.com

12 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think it is simple, you can't shoot someone for standing on a roof. The few seconds it would take to pull out the weapon and aim it and pull the trigger are the few seconds that it took the protection force to down the shooter. I am not sure many of you folks have been in a firefight outside of video games. This was no conspiracy, it was a lunatic with a gun. There is no way to stop a spur of the moment lunatic with a gun other than what happened, sorry to be the one to tell you all. 

The problem is people noticed him with a gun prior to getting on the roof & had alerted authorities before he'd set up.

Also they had authorization to shoot;

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I mean it’s always the same story isn’t it?

Still doesn’t change the fact that someone like that doesn’t just wander into a high security area unopposed and climb a building unless they’re allowed to.

Ive seen the security measures they take when politicians are in town. They have blockades and police checkpoints for miles around. Number one thing they look for is sight lines for potential shooters. No way they would look past that.

11 hours ago, Satchmo said:

You might be right on all this DeNiro though I have my doubts and I can't for the life of me understand how you are so sure of this theory.

Security failures, like any failures, can happen when people screw up.   Such failures do not always point to a grand conspiracy.  They point to fact that people can really screw up.   For all we know all the security team members were all close to heat stroke and we can all blame global warming.  That's my theory anyway.

11 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

You would also think that bunch of guys with box cutters wouldn’t be able to do the damage they did.

Or that bunch of guys would just simple walk inside one of the most defended countries like Israel, but here we are.

If I listed all the failures of U.S military, intelligence, feds, law enforcement etc. we are going to be here for a while.

11 hours ago, stawns said:

Anyone who has had experience with local law enforcement in the US, especially buttfuck USA, knows these guys aren't exactly the cream of the crop

The other major issue is if you look at the venue...

There are not alot of obvious snipers nests. The one he shot from is probably the most obvious (as he'd have 0 chance of successfully getting on the building's directly behind the stage).

Its not like this is on a big city street where there are plenty of buildings/windows to look at out on either side, and it would be hard to secure them all just by volume. This was the most obvious place among few, and as the first video above reports they already had identified it & were well aware of that.

We are talking about the #1 security service in the world... Like... it doesn't make any sense that a 'mistake' to this degree could be possible.

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does this shooter profile as an actual “hired” assassin though? He missed from really close. IMO he was some social outcast kid. What motivated him to do this is still in question, no? But it’s highly unlikely he was part of anything greater than just himself. 

Have we even confirmed it was the 20 year old? I know the corporate press has ran with that but Roger Stone had a report that it was someone else, someone in their 30's & the picture of the assailant (dead) compared to his mugshot looked like far more of a match to me...

But anyways, in this situation its a suicide mission, IF someone was to be put up too it of course the powers behind it would get a lowlife radical.

Its hard to link back, easy to brush off in narrrative, & those types are actually crazy enough to do it. There's no way a top CIA agent is going to die doing that for example, and it would be a straight line to the agency. 

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

“Complete psychopath”

Yet he somehow has the skills to covertly sneak through some of the best security in the world with a rifle in his hands. 🤣

So many of these suspect things, when put in the terms of how the corporate narrative is portrayed, continually seem so absurd on its face. 

11 hours ago, stawns said:

I lean the other way that it feels like more of a false flag operation.  If it were truly political, he'd be dead

That said, it's most likely just a lonely, disgruntled kid with easy access to a high powered weapon

I don't see the rational with this idea tbh.

Trump was already in a great position given Biden's weeks of gaffees prior, and the Dems seemingly scrambling as to what they are going to do. Trump is really going to risk taking a shot to the head to go from a good/great position to a lock?.... Seems like a stretch.

Also, if he doesn't turn his head just prior he would 100% have been killed. In the video you see him turn, if he didn't the shot goes directly into the brain stem. Its a miracle he wasn't killed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The problem is people noticed him with a gun prior to getting on the roof & had alerted authorities before he'd set up.

Also they had authorization to shoot;

The other major issue is if you look at the venue...

There are not alot of obvious snipers nests. The one he shot from is probably the most obvious (as he'd have 0 chance of successfully getting on the building's directly behind the stage).

Its not like this is on a big city street where there are plenty of buildings/windows to look at out on either side, and it would be hard to secure them all just by volume. This was the most obvious place among few, and as the first video above reports they already had identified it & were well aware of that.

We are talking about the #1 security service in the world... Like... it doesn't make any sense that a 'mistake' to this degree could be possible.

Have we even confirmed it was the 20 year old? I know the corporate press has ran with that but Roger Stone had a report that it was someone else, someone in their 30's & the picture of the assailant (dead) compared to his mugshot looked like far more of a match to me...

But anyways, in this situation its a suicide mission, IF someone was to be put up too it of course the powers behind it would get a lowlife radical.

Its hard to link back, easy to brush off in narrrative, & those types are actually crazy enough to do it. There's no way a top CIA agent is going to die doing that for example, and it would be a straight line to the agency. 

So many of these suspect things, when put in the terms of how the corporate narrative is portrayed, continually seem so absurd on its face. 

I don't see the rational with this idea tbh.

Trump was already in a great position given Biden's weeks of gaffees prior, and the Dems seemingly scrambling as to what they are going to do. Trump is really going to risk taking a shot to the head to go from a good/great position to a lock?.... Seems like a stretch.

Also, if he doesn't turn his head just prior he would 100% have been killed. In the video you see him turn, if he didn't the shot goes directly into the brain stem. Its a miracle he wasn't killed. 

That was an awful lot of text.  If I read it correctly we can trust no one to tell us the truth except maybe you. 🙂

43 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

People think that some of these agencies are all mighty and never make any mistakes.

I remember when SF were going to rescue hostages in Iran and they failed.

Once i got into the details of this operation, it looked like Mickey Mouse was in charge of the preparation.

I just watched this CNN clip on YouTube that some may find interesting.  I had no idea that this dude climbed not just 1, but 3 rooftops. 

Also, apparently a local LEO popped up to try and get the sniper before he got his shots off, but the sniper saw him so he jumped back down to the ground so he wouldn't get shot.  I don't blame the cop, but I hope he had no dreams of ever joining the USSS because I imagine he disqualified himself.  Again, don't blame him.  He has a family he wants to go home to.

• Cheers 1

Yeah, sorry. Nice words, but this wouldn't work on an Indian, Japanese person, Malaysian, Ethiopian or Iranian to justify their replacement, and it won't work on me.

I'll ask you: Why are the only people who are expected to "let it go" and become soulless consumerist hedonists people of European descent?

The only "white supremacists" who become "reformed" are WN 1.0 skinhead tatted types, and they don't really understand it in the first place, or there's some sort of vice that pulls them away from caring about their people.

You're right: Evolution is real. Natural selection and adaption is true. Races have evolved differently in different corners of the world. Non-white races should stick to the geographic locations they developed in, and all peoples should have their own homeland. 👍

Bollocks

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trump shooting: UBC prof celebrates assassination attempt, then deletes social media (msn.com)

Vancouver Sun

Follow

22.8K Followers

Trump shooting: UBC prof celebrates assassination attempt, then deletes social media

A UBC professor is in hot water after posting a tweet that appeared to celebrate the assassination attempt of former U.S. president Donald Trump , and another which lamented its failure.

“Damn, so close. Too bad,” wrote Karen Pinder, a professor at UBC’s medical school on X. “What a glorious day this could have been!”

The tweet was published early Saturday. Pinder almost immediately deleted her account, but not before another user named @IR_AMauntie replied, “I reeeeeally wish the person had better aim.”

Kareem Allam, a Vancouver crisis PR expert, said the social media gaffe is potentially politically divisive for British Columbians already feeling the influence of U.S. style culture wars, while ramping up for the fall provincial election.

While B.C. premier David Eby and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau were quick to publish statements on social media condemning the act of violence, Pinder’s tweet was seized upon by B.C. Conservative party leader John Rustad.

Rustad said “this kind of radicalism” doesn’t belong in B.C. classrooms, and retweeted the account of someone who called Pinder a monster and demanded she be fired.

“This is why so much hate and violence occurs in British Columbia,” wrote Conservative party candidate Chris Sankey in reference to Pinder’s tweet.

In a letter to administrators, McGill PhD student Jamie Magrill expressed concern for the feelings of conservative UBC students. “How could a medical student from the U.S. who identifies as Republican feel safe in her class? A student who identifies as Conservative?”

Pinder’s tweet has the potential to drive Conservative anger in the province, and the party will target the provincial government because, although UBC is independent, it receives substantial provincial and federal funding, said Allam.

“The conservatives are running a populist anti-establishmentarian campaign, and here is a member of an established academic organization seemingly responsible for shaping future decision makers inciting violence or demonstrating gratification of violence,” said Allam.

Although Pinder’s tweet may not represent the university’s point of view, that’s how many will interpret it, said Allam.

“University professors have a duty to provide context in times of crisis, rather than making divisive comments. What a university professor should be doing is analyzing and providing context, not piling on to what’s going on in the media, and that’s why the outrage is so strong,” said Allam.

Universities, like most employers, have code of conduct policies governing social media use, and Pinder deserves due process within the framework of that policy, said Allam.

The rules for people who are in the public eye are different than they are for those who are connected to high-profile institutions, said Allam.

“We are all entitled to our private thoughts but when you are attached to an institution like a university, you carry a lot of agency and the responsibility is higher.”

In a statement on Sunday, UBC spokesperson Thandi Fletcher said, “The university is aware of Dr. Pinder’s post and is looking into the matter. The university does not condone violence of any kind.”

UBC would not confirm whether @IR_AMauntie, the account that replied to Pinder, is a university employee, citing their privacy policy.

Postmedia attempted to reach out to Pinder but did not receive a response.

Trudeau said he was sickened by the shooting, and that “violence is never acceptable.”

Eby expressed similar sentiments, stating in a tweet released shortly after the news broke, “No matter your politics, the attempted assassination of a former president and presidential candidate is horrific. The people of British Columbia abhor political violence in all its forms.”

dryan@postmedia.com

What a bunch of pearl clutching nonsense. The fact that an american phd student thinks an attack on trump is an attack on republicans speaks volumes. Violence in BC, wtf is he talking about? This shit is so laughable. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'll continue refraining from commenting anything on the shooter, I'll give it a few days to breath for more info to come to light. 

Just that...for those that are trying to pin this on a team. That plays into the hands of everyone who is opposed to our collective values.

And for those who wished the bullet didn't miss. It's not productive, yes there is an attempt to make equivalence at play here, feel free to address that. But I guarantee you had the bullet not missed, putting aside the fact that someone dies, and not even being altruistic here just cold logic, everyone one of us would have been way worse off had the shooter not missed.

100% this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Exactly. The Canadian sniper's point was that the amateur had to have had help to get on a roof with a gun 150 yards from Trump. The insinuation was that only a pro/highly trained individual could slip SS like that, and a pro wouldn't miss from there. He basically said there must have been an accomplice of some kind. His words, not mine.

Yes, that's exactly what he said, or what he was inferring.  An inside job within the secret service.  Just like JFK.  I mean who the heck in this day and age believes that Oswald was the sole shooter?  The JFK files that came out pretty much disproves that theory.  Multiple bullets shot at multiple angles.  No way Oswald acted alone.  And there is no way this Crooks guy did either.  He was a dumb 20 year old who couldn't make his rifle team.  How the heck was he able to climb to the roof on his own without any of the secret service helping him along the way?

1 hour ago, bolt said:

You can't even condemn your own side so spare me the lecture.  All extremism is dangerous regardless of political wing..

I condemn the pelusi home Intruder as well is that what you want me to say?

My own side?  What side are you talking about?  My politics are right leaning when it comes to the economy.  If I were a us citizen in 2012 I would have voted for Romney.  If I had to choose between a POS like Trump over a respected man like Biden whom I may not entirely agree with on his politics, guess who I would choose?

You can’t even bring yourself to condemn Trump for all the shit he’s said about pelosi and what happened to her husband.  Instead you deflect. 

Enjoy using that word while you still can, because traditional British dialect and culture will be bred out of existence the way things are going.

We will all become one big, grey hive. Are you ready to join the hive? The dark mass?

What an exciting future.

Vile hateful pieces of shit such as yourself will be wiped out looooong before any native language is but whatever helps you sleep at night princess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1