US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

kid hated Bullies,       He shot at the the “King “ of Bully.

It’s political rhetoric , back stabbing , grandstanding , and shit shot talking that politicians try to entertain with ..

Many who don’t stay centered ,  go to the deep end of the pool to play in it ,

or in this case , try to stop it .

I don’t think there is a day over the last 9 or 10 years that I haven’t heard Trumps name.

He is annoying as - - - - 

The NRA will now want everyone armed at rallies.

Yet the top law enforcement official in the country, other than POTUS, claims otherwise and has already been on CNN and called the protection a failure.

The USSS is trying to pass the buck because heads could very well roll over this.

Stupid tweet.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Kinda curious how.  Did they use the dead guy's face to unlock it or did they manage to hack into it? 

When they couldn’t get into IPhone from San Bernardino terrorists, FBI hired company from Australia to hack into the phone.

Company called Azimuth Security was sued by Apple later on.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Kinda curious how.  Did they use the dead guy's face to unlock it or did they manage to hack into it? 

I would imagine a hack. Plugged the phone into a PC set up for that type of activity. I'm sure they get warrants for the contents of phones all the time when the owner is less than co-operative with providing their log in details.

• Cheers 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

When they couldn’t get into IPhone from San Bernardino terrorists, FBI hired company from Australia to hack into the phone.

Company called Azimuth was sued by Apple later on.

DRAMA!!  Thanks.  Gonna look that up to get the details on it.  This is the first time I've heard of it. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

DRAMA!!  Thanks.  Gonna look that up to get the details on it.  This is the first time I've heard of it. 

Azimuth security is the full name, there is another military company called Azimuth but it’s in Virginia,

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

One of JD Vance’s kids is named Vivek, his wife is Indian.

I have a feeling that he will be showing her off to gather some more votes from people of color.

Lol not sure how Indians will help. You gonna get the Indian vote maybe but at the same time piss off the east Asian votes and it does nothing for Latinos or African Americans.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Azimuth security is the full name, there is another military company called Azimuth but it’s in Virginia,

Whoops.  Wrong company.  I'll learn how to read some day.

Some dude on the radio was saying this kid was hardcore alt-right.

Said that the kid had a twitter feed saying all sorts of weird stuff, like Mike Johnson was too much like a democrat.

Dont know if this radio fella knows what he is talking about but, thats what he was spewin'

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Said that the kid had a twitter feed saying all sorts of weird stuff, like Mike Johnson was too much like a democrat.

Dont know if this radio fella knows what he is talking about but, thats what he was spewin'

That doesn't explain why he donated to Act Blue.  If you're alt-right, Act Blue is the antitheses of everything that you believe.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I doubt he has any evidence. Probably just spewing bs. 

But to humor that notion, if there is any political motif, it probably is feeling betrayed by Trump from his distancing from project 2025. 

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

That doesn't explain why he donated to Act Blue.  If you're alt-right, Act Blue is the antitheses of everything that you believe.

Like I said above. There could be a wide range if reason for that donation if real. 

Losing a bet is an obvious one. Someone doing it in his name to mess with him is another. Or just plain change in political leanings and getting radicalized is another seeing the donation was made in 2021 and it has been a long time since then. 

I will go by the latest information which is him registering as a gop. Now that doesn't mean he is maga. 

I guess JD became an addict too. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/opioid-of-the-masses/489911/

Opioid of the Masses

To many, Donald Trump feels good, but he can’t fix America’s growing social and cultural crisis, and the eventual comedown will be harsh.

By J.D. Vance

A few Saturdays ago, my wife and I spent the morning volunteering at a community garden in our San Francisco neighborhood. After a few hours of casual labor, we and the other volunteers dispersed to our respective destinations: tasty brunches, day trips to wine country, art-gallery tours. It was a perfectly normal day, by San Francisco standards.

That very same Saturday, in the small Ohio town where I grew up, four people overdosed on heroin. A local police lieutenant coolly summarized the banality of it all: “It’s not all that unusual for a 24-hour period here.” He was right: in Middletown, Ohio, that too is a perfectly normal day.

Folks back home speak of heroin like an apocalyptic invader, something that assailed the town mysteriously and without warning. Yet the truth is that heroin crept slowly into Middletown’s families and communities—not by invasion but by invitation.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

I doubt he has any evidence. Probably just spewing bs. 

But to humor that notion, if there is any political motif, it probably is feeling betrayed by Trump from his distancing from project 2025. 

I heard reports of him joining the Republicans to vote Trump out of candidacy. He also donated to a Democrat charity during Trump's inauguration. Could be BS. 

They recently got access into his phone so we'll probably find out his actual motivations. 

Probably best to let the investigation take place. 

No surprises in this article.  CFF is not mentioned.

Conspiracy theories spread wildly after the first assassination attempt on a US president in the social media age

Saturday’s shooting at a Donald Trump rally was the first assassination attempt of a US presidential candidate in the age of social media – and the former president had barely been hit before the internet was abuzz with all sorts of unsubstantiated explanations for what had, or had not, occurred.

The moments of uncertainty created an information void that was quickly filled by speculation, misinformation and conspiracy theories.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/media/social-media-assassination-conspiracy-theories/index.html

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Like I said above. There could be a wide range if reason for that donation if real. 

Losing a bet is an obvious one. Someone doing it in his name to mess with him is another. Or just plain change in political leanings and getting radicalized is another seeing the donation was made in 2021 and it has been a long time since then. 

I will go by the latest information which is him registering as a gop. Now that doesn't mean he is maga. 

I'm starting to think that this kid was just one confused fool who couldn't find employment (his Act Blue donation listed him as unemployed) and he decided to try and get into the history books and go out in what he considered a blaze of glory.

That's just my guess.  People are sick.

As for the GOP registration, that proves nothing.  If I wanted to be a political hack, I could change my registration here in NY to vote in party primaries.  People do it all of the time, especially in swing states like Pennsylvania.  It's ridiculous and it's pointless and doesn't have the affect those that do it are going for.  Yet it still sadly happens.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I guess JD became an addict too. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/opioid-of-the-masses/489911/

Opioid of the Masses

To many, Donald Trump feels good, but he can’t fix America’s growing social and cultural crisis, and the eventual comedown will be harsh.

By J.D. Vance

A few Saturdays ago, my wife and I spent the morning volunteering at a community garden in our San Francisco neighborhood. After a few hours of casual labor, we and the other volunteers dispersed to our respective destinations: tasty brunches, day trips to wine country, art-gallery tours. It was a perfectly normal day, by San Francisco standards.

That very same Saturday, in the small Ohio town where I grew up, four people overdosed on heroin. A local police lieutenant coolly summarized the banality of it all: “It’s not all that unusual for a 24-hour period here.” He was right: in Middletown, Ohio, that too is a perfectly normal day.

Folks back home speak of heroin like an apocalyptic invader, something that assailed the town mysteriously and without warning. Yet the truth is that heroin crept slowly into Middletown’s families and communities—not by invasion but by invitation.

Dave Chapelle talks about the rampant drug abuse in Ohio in his act.  It's pretty sad.

59 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm just being silly like the last time they hated on a celeb last week....  buuuttt....

The far left is upset that Ron Howard made a Netflix movie about Trump's VP pick a while back. 

Ah, gotcha.  I just thought Richie Cunningham did something controversial, which I'm pretty sure is one of the signs of the apocalypse!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I heard reports of him joining the Republicans to vote Trump out of candidacy. He also donated to a Democrat charity during Trump's inauguration. Could be BS. 

They recently got access into his phone so we'll probably find out his actual motivations. 

Probably best to let the investigation take place. 

I'm just wonder if when Congress gets their meaty hooks into the investigation, how will they manage to screw it up...  The US's best and brightest do not roam those halls.

I'm starting to think that this kid was just one confused fool who couldn't find employment (his Act Blue donation listed him as unemployed) and he decided to try and get into the history books and go out in what he considered a blaze of glory.

As for the GOP registration, that proves nothing.  If I wanted to be a political hack, I could change my registration here in NY to vote in party primaries.  People do it all of the time, especially in swing states like Pennsylvania.  It's ridiculous and it's pointless and doesn't have the affect those that do it are going for.  Yet it still sadly happens.

I concur, most likely a lone wolf wanting to go out with a bang. 

• Cheers 1

Like I said, it just seems, more and more, it's a lonely kid, who was bullied and miserable and chose a very public suicide by cop