US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Ah, gotcha.  I just thought Richie Cunningham did something controversial, which I'm pretty sure is one of the signs of the apocalypse!

The movie was made 3 years before Vance even joined Congress.  Yet there are those who believe that Ron Howard should have been psychic or asked Mork from Orc about the future.  (Mork and Mindy was a Happy Days spin-off for those of you who don't know)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 24K said:

Lol not sure how Indians will help. You gonna get the Indian vote maybe but at the same time piss off the east Asian votes and it does nothing for Latinos or African Americans.

According to research 68% of Indians, Filipinos and Koreans that are registered voters are democrats.

Vietnamese are 51% registered as Republicans. Few months ago NYT and Siena college did research that showed 46% of Latinos favor Trump over Biden . It was a small sample but still. Latinos are more family oriented, religious, concerned about crime etc. so their values are closer aligned with conservative causes. Muslim vote in Michigan especially might hurt Biden with this ongoing slaughter in the Middle East.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I heard reports of him joining the Republicans to vote Trump out of candidacy. He also donated to a Democrat charity during Trump's inauguration. Could be BS. 

They recently got access into his phone so we'll probably find out his actual motivations. 

Probably best to let the investigation take place. 

The former is just conspiracy theory.

No one knows. May have a better guess if we know when he registered as a Republican or if he was previously registered as a Dem. 

He donated during Biden's inauguration. Or alleged to have since there is another person with the same name in Penn that is 100% Democrat. Not sure what the latest fact are there. 

If we go by report he is conservatives by his high-school classmates and his voter registration, he more than likely lost a bet where he believes Biden will not be inaugurated. But that is just my conspiracy theory. 

Just now, Gurn said:

high school shooting team.

wtf!

Man our southern neighbours are very, very different, in a lot of ways.

I used to shoot bow and arrows, once a year, in gym class when I was a kid.  NY had already banned shooting rifles by then.  These days, I'm sure they've long banned schoolyard Bow and arrows too.

I had to wait until Summer Camp to shoot rifles.  😆

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm just wonder if when Congress gets their meaty hooks into the investigation, how will they manage to screw it up...  The US's best and brightest do not roam those halls.

FBI  & SS are gonna get raked with coals the longer this goes on without answers to the shooters motivations. They are probably working tirelessly to come up with updates.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

According to research 68% of Indians, Filipinos and Koreans that are registered voters are democrats.

Vietnamese are 51% registered as Republicans. Few months ago NYT and Siena college did research that showed 46% of Latinos favor Trump over Biden . It was a small sample but still. Latinos are more family oriented, religious, concerned about crime etc. so their values are closer aligned with conservative causes. Muslim vote in Michigan especially might hurt Biden with this ongoing slaughter in the Middle East.

OK but how does it have anything to do with playing identity politics with Indian nationals?

I am just saying that Indians does nothing identity politics wise for black and Latinos and there is some racism going on with Indians and east Asians. 

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, 24K said:

The former is just conspiracy theory.

No one knows. May have a better guess if we know when he registered as a Republican or if he was previously registered as a Dem. 

He donated during Biden's inauguration. Or alleged to have since there is another person with the same name in Penn that is 100% Democrat. Not sure what the latest fact are there. 

If we go by report he is conservatives by his high-school classmates and his voter registration, he more than likely lost a bet where he believes Biden will not be inaugurated. But that is just my conspiracy theory. 

Yeah I am trying not to believe in anything till the FBI and SS can come up with updates. 

I know I wouldn't want to be an official working on this investigation, having politicians and the public prodding for immediate answers.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

FBI  & SS are gonna get raked with coals the longer this goes on without answers to the shooters motivations. They are probably working tirelessly to come up with updates.

I can't wait until the upcoming House hearings.  The Congressional grandstanding, and ridiculous excuses will be entertaining to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I can't wait until the upcoming House hearings.  The Congressional grandstanding, and ridiculous excuses will be entertaining to watch. 

Will be wild if the FBI still hasn't uncovered the truth. 

The house may come down with all the gum on the wall. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I used to shoot bow and arrows, once a year, in gym class when I was a kid.  NY had already banned shooting rifles by then.  These days, I'm sure they've long banned schoolyard Bow and arrows too.

I shot air rifles in Cadets here in BC.

Obviously not a real rifle but still capable of causing death or more likely serious injury, at least depending the gun.

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Gives a whole new meaning to “so this one time at rifle camp…”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

high school shooting team.

wtf!

Man our southern neighbours are very, very different, in a lot of ways.

This is the Wild West my friend!
Growing  up I only saw westerns based in the U.S, I don’t recall any taking place in Canada.

I did see Nanook of the North, but I think that was directed by an American.

Joking aside, I was taught how to shoot when I was 9 years old by my grandfather who was retired police chief, WW2 veteran and President of the sharpshooting club. I also grew up in a country that had compulsory military service for all men over the age of 18. So I am fairly familiar with weapons to say the least. What we have here in America is insane and it’s more like gun fetish.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

For sure. He's just too easy to attack (for good reason imo)

The Kennedy name is royalty too.

It seems evident imo with how the last 2 Democrat primaries have gone that the powers that be within the party flex their muscle to choose the candidate. (Sanders would've won in 2016 imo for example, many candidates drop out prior to Super Tuesday in 2020)

If Kennedy was someone they were comfortable with, the name value alone be such an obvious W for Dems in the narrative/story they could script, but he's not an establishment candidate imo. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

It seems evident imo with how the last 2 Democrat primaries have gone that the powers that be within the party flex their muscle to choose the candidate. (Sanders would've won in 2016 imo for example, many candidates drop out prior to Super Tuesday in 2020)

If Kennedy was someone they were comfortable with, the name value alone be such an obvious W for Dems in the narrative/story they could script, but he's not an establishment candidate imo. 

Dude, no Democrat is gonna win the Dem primary and able to whip up a left coalition while being a die hard anti-vaxxer.

Let it go.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Obviously not a real rifle but still capable of causing death or more likely serious injury, at least depending the gun.

I'm just glad I was never one of the dumb kids who used to shoot at each other with a BB gun using a trash can lid as a shield.  I knew 2 or 3 of those kind of dummies when I was a kid.  One of them inevitably got a BB to the eye and messed his vision up.

The spring loaded BB's hurt, but the CO2 cartridge accelerated BB guns can kill.  I never knew which kind of BB gun got his eye, but I've always assumed it was the spring accelerated kind.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Dude, no Democrat is gonna win the Dem primary and able to whip up a left coalition while being a die hard anti-vaxxer.

Let it go.

I have no vested interest in seeing the Democrats win (or the Rep's for that matter).

I'm saying if they wanted to win this would've been a slam dunk when you consider what shape they are in right now.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Posted it a bit back, but the democrats have been terrible at choosing candidates since Barry.

More than ever, Biden needs to go. They have no chance right now.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, 24K said:

OK but how does it have anything to do with playing identity politics with Indian nationals?

I am just saying that Indians does nothing identity politics wise for black and Latinos and there is some racism going on with Indians and east Asians. 

I get what you saying but every vote is important imo, if Trump can take 10-15% of votes from Indian Americans away from Biden that’s huge. Especially in battleground states. He is not winning black vote anyways, that is the strongest democratic base in the nation, especially black women.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I get what you saying but every vote is important imo, if Trump can take 10-15% of votes from Indian Americans away from Biden that’s huge. Especially in battleground states. He is not winning black vote anyways, that is the strongest democratic base in the nation, especially black women.

There is a real easy counter to Indian nationals. Just offer up green cards. Easiest vote whip for Indians there is. 

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Gives a whole new meaning to “so this one time at rifle camp…”

The YMCA eventually took the camp over years later and put a stop to the rifle training. 

They also went all PC and took away the Seneca Nation names of the cabins.  Which is a shame.  I learned a lot about the Seneca Nation back then.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I have no vested interest in seeing the Democrats win (or the Rep's for that matter).

I'm saying if they wanted to win this would've been a slam dunk when you consider what shape they are in right now.

It isn't a slam dunk with RFK. If anything else it is a guaranteed lose more so than it already is. 

You won't even have the Dem base backing RFK Jr. You better hope in that case whatever independent is or never trumpets can offset the lose of the Dem base. 

If anything the Dems should have just pushed Newsome at the very least or better yet Whitmer or even Buttigeg. 

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Did you come to cadet camp in Vernon during the summer?

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

It isn't a slam dunk with RFK. If anything else it is a guaranteed lose more so than it already is. 

You won't even have the Dem base backing RFK Jr. You better hope in that case whatever independent is or never trumpets can offset the lose of the Dem base. 

If anything the Dems should have just pushed Newsome at the very least or better yet Whitmer or even Buttigeg. 

Many Democrat voters didn't like Biden in 2020 let alone now when he's close to a walking corpse.

This comment from Joy Ann Reid describes the Democrat base perspective.

Hypothetically even if they hated RFK, they would still vote for him anyways as a Dem candidate cause the opponent is Trump & he cannot win. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian