US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Satchmo said:

I think you have to meet more than one women who serves or served before you try to describe them all.

I never said no women should be hired, quotas are dangerous however. This isn't about sex, its about competence. Again I ask, would you hire her?

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I never said no women should be hired, quotas are dangerous however. This isn't about sex, its about competence. Again I ask, would you hire her?

Hire Who?

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I call BS. The RCMP has a minimum height requirement of 5'2" for both men and women. Recruits are also required to have a healthy body weight, though no specific minimum is stated. But according to your description, this person stood about 5'0" and weighed around 86 pounds. Eighty-six pounds on a 5'0" frame is certainly not a healthy body weight in any culture.

You saw a photograph that confirms your sexist bias.

Call what you want, she was short and light and complained of back problems from carrying her gun. Even if she was 5'2" and a few ponds heavier if the shit hit the fan things would have gone south very quickly. Would you hire her to save your life? If not then youre sexist if yes then youre full of shit

30 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I have to think if Biden has one more gaffe there's zero chance of him winning.

Crazy times.

He's had a few moderate sized ones since the debate, but another big one could lose him too many independent votes in the swing states.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

He's had a few moderate sized ones since the debate, but another big one could lose him too many independent votes in the swing states.

He thought the Secret Service director was a male.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

The woman hiding behind trump then having problems holstering her gun. Would you hire her to protect you or your family?

I would very much like to see more frames showing the sequence of events before and after that single image.

I have seen other clips of the same woman doing her job.  I also saw a clip of Eric Trump lauding the men and women on stage for their bravery and dedication.  He spoke specifically about one woman who had protected DJT for years (and I believe she was the only one there).  

Hell yeah, I would hire her if I was somehow rich and needing protection. 

• Cheers 1

Nikki Haley booed, other sad losers paraded out for Trump's Republican National Convention

On Tuesday, Republican National Convention organizers took some time away from their broader message – “Please elect this convicted felon who’s promising to round up millions of immigrants and put them in camps” – to give stage time to GOP figures who’ve been brutally disgraced by Donald Trump, the aforementioned felon.

For example, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley abandoned all morals and principles she proudly campaigned on and backed Trump in exchange for a chance to speak at the convention and get lustily booed by people who hate her. Well done!

While the theme of the day in Milwaukee was “Make America Safe Once Again,” ironic given that crime in America is down considerably, the theme of the evening slate of speakers should have been “The GOP Parade of Subjugation.”

The key speakers were, according to nicknames Trump had previously assigned them: Lyin’ Ted, Birdbrain, Ron DeSanctimonious and Little Marco. (Sen. Ted Cruz, Haley, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Sen. Marco Rubio.)

It was a veritable “Who’s Who?” of “Who Has Trump Humiliated?”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addresses the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addresses the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

It was a Pathetic Reversal night at the Republican National Convention

First up, was Lyin’ Ted, who apparently forgot Trump once suggested Cruz’s wife is ugly and suggested Cruz’s father helped the assassin who killed President John F. Kennedy.

How did Cruz open his RNC speech? With this: “God bless Donald J. Trump!”

With that exclamation, the word “honor” suddenly disappeared from all U.S. dictionaries.

Nikki Haley abandons all integrity to boost the man who called her Birdbrain

Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

Up next was Birdbrain. Trump gave Haley that certainly-not-sexist nickname during the primaries. He also repeatedly and quite intentionally misspelled her birth name – Nimarata – as “Nimbra” and “Nimrada,” while also questioning her eligibility for the presidency in his tried-and-true racist fashion. (Haley is the daughter of Indian immigrants and was born in South Carolina.)

“Nimbra doesn't have what it takes,” Trump wrote on social media.

Trump mocked Haley's military husband, and still she comes groveling

Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum.

Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum.

Also during the primary, Trump mocked Haley’s husband’s absence from the campaign trail, saying: “What happened to her husband? Where is he? He’s gone.” Michael Haley is in the National Guard and was on deployment at the time.

Haley – who, again, was onstage Tuesday night to show support for Trump – at the time called Trump’s comments about her husband “awful” and “disgusting” and said he didn’t deserve to be commander in chief. She also said during the primary, “I feel no need to kiss the ring.”

So much for Trump wanting unity: For Trump, unity means complete submission. That will be on full display at the RNC.

Nevertheless, she puckered, showing a remarkable tone change during Tuesday night’s RNC speech: “Donald Trump has my strong endorsement, period.”

I guess she must’ve forgotten the time Trump posted on social media: “Nikki ‘Birdbrain’ Haley is very bad for the Republican Party and, indeed, our Country. … Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp.”

Make way for Ron DeSantis, perhaps the saddest of them all

Not to be outdone in the abandoning-all-integrity department, DeSantis had this to say about the man who, during the primary, suggested the Florida governor might be a pedophile: “Let’s send Donald Trump back to the White House!”

Wow! That’s an interesting way to respond to a man whose campaign referred to him as a “desperate eunuch” and a “disloyal dog” while also saying he needed “a personality transplant” and “The real DeSantis record is one of misery and despair.”

Jul 16, 2024; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum. The second day of the RNC focused on crime and border policies. Mandatory Credit: Jasper Colt-USA TODAY

Jul 16, 2024; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum. The second day of the RNC focused on crime and border policies. Mandatory Credit: Jasper Colt-USA TODAY

Heck, Trump once claimed: “DeSanctus doesn’t even like farmers!

Yet there he was at the Fiserv Forum, Gov. DeSanctimonious talking pretty for the man who verbally thrashed him.

Oh well, principles aren't necessarily in Trump's GOP

Glad to see Cruz, Haley and DeSantis have forgiven the man who said truly unforgivable things about them. It shows a true lack of character and a thirst for power strong enough to override any modicum of self-respect. And I'm not even getting into "Little Marco" Rubio, who Trump once called a “lightweight choker” who “looks like a little boy on stage.”

That little boy was scheduled to take the stage Tuesday night as well, choking out words of praise for his tormentor.

Pathetic subservience. Or as it's known in Trump’s Republican Party: perfect.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I would very much like to see more frames showing the sequence of events before and after that single image.

I have seen other clips of the same woman doing her job.  I also saw a clip of Eric Trump lauding the men and women on stage for their bravery and dedication.  He spoke specifically about one woman who had protected DJT for years (and I believe she was the only one there).  

Hell yeah, I would hire her if I was somehow rich and needing protection. 

If that's the case  then I agree with you, but the Secret service seems to have hired women to fill a quota and if thats the case then its a huge failure. From the minimal footage I've seen she a failure however but I am willing to change my mind.

• Desmenko 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If your life depended on hiring security are you hiring the best people for the job or 30% women? Dont be a jackass.

When you point at one "jackass" there are 3 fingers pointing back at you.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Don't take this the wrong way, Kass, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what exactly are you trying to say here?

Do you believe that the SS, allowed this shooting to take place? Was it part of some larger conspiracy?

I get that it seems odd that the guys who get paid to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen, seem to have completely dropped the ball, but what is the alternative? It doesn't make sense to repeatedly ask all of these leading questions, unless you believe there were some sort of shenanigans going on....

That all these question need answers b/c yes it seems that this was allowed to take place. I'm not presenting a theory on who or why, just looking at the evidence this was too astonishing a failure on too many fronts to just accept at face value and move along. 

This isn't like 1 mistake was made by somebody & an incredibly skilled person exploited it, this is a catastrophic dereliction of duty by the whole operation (elite security btw) on many fronts from start to finish, which led to a very amateurish 20 year old who can barely shoot a gun - let alone some criminal mastermind - being able to pull this off. And it nearly send the country into complete chaos.

And this response by the head of the SS that 'the slope was too dangerous' to guard the only legitimate Snipers nest in the area... is not an acceptable answer (to be generous), especially considering the roofs the SS snipers were actually on were even more sloped. If that's all she has for an answer she should've been out of the job within 5 minutes. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

USSS had very poor showing, optics are not looking very good, they are lucky that the shooter wasn’t a pro.

Cheatle needs to step down and let someone else more competent take over.

Imo candidates with military, intelligence, law enforcement etc. background are better suited for this job.
Working for PepsiCo and having degree in sociology doesn’t inspire confidence in me. I know she worked as agent for years but this smells like political hire by Biden’s.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Multiple witnesses say there were TWO shooters at the rally!!!   😲

This is going to turn out like the 2nd shooter theory that has been circulating since JFK was assassinated. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Republican Congressman Cory Mills, a former US Army sniper, says on CNN that Trump’s attempted assassination may have been intentional!!  😲

Anyone can make bold accusations without evidence.   This guy has none.  This isn't news.  This is Alex Jones fever dreams.

Here's a theory. 

It was JFKs ghost that possessed the shooter to take out TRUMP. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Anyone can make bold accusations without evidence.   This guy has none.  This isn't news.  This is Alex Jones fever dreams.

Here's a theory. 

It was JFKs ghost that possessed the shooter to take out TRUMP. 

Except he isn’t anyone. He’s a former US Army sniper who’s coordinated thousands of counter sniper operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. He is what you would call an EXPERT in the field. 

He’s literally more of an expert than the head of the secret service who used to work at PepsiCo. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

Judging by this video (and I have watched some others) it seems more like a couple errors by Local Law Enforcement and some bad luck/timing led to the shooting.

Seems like perp was identified by local law enforcement as suspicious near to the security entrance to the venue. Fail #1 to not approach and ask him questions

Then shortly after was spotted with a range finder by Local Law Enforcement. At this time he was lost in the crowd. Fail #2

Perp then made his way over to the buildings which were supposed to be guarded on the outside by local law enforcement and made his way into one of them and somehow onto the roof. Fail #3

There are also several buildings in this area, attached and detached with lots of outbuildings and nooks and crannies. Easy enough to be out of site and in areas where you can climb up on some of the lower roofs and than onto the main roof.

At some time the crowd, who are outside the venue beside the building, notices the perp on the roof and start getting the attention of local law enforcement. Look exactly at 4:11 of the video you will see the crowd watching the perp on the roof and trying to get the attention of the law enforcement/SS. There is a police officer still walking away from the crowd. He is beside the building so would not be able to see the perp on the roof from that position. Bad Timing #1 

It seems eventually (probably within the minute) the crowd gets the attention of at least two law enforcement officers. And one of them is pushed up by the other officer to peer over the edge of the roof with his head. The perp turns and aims his gun at the officers head so he drops down. bad luck #1 officer could only get his head over the edge of the roof and not draw his weapon.

The perp takes his shots.

Whether or not the officers communicated to the SS right away that perp had a gun on the roof and should rush Trump off the stage or perp was just too fast after turning back towards Trump after officer dropped down I dont know.

As far as the SS snipers go they seemed to be aware of something in that direction/ I dont know their rules of engagement but it seems they have to wait till perp shoots? Might make sense if anyone can walk around with a gun in that state. Maybe if they were in doubt a round over the perps head or beside him would have worked.

The perp was also on the backside of a pitched roof. Without seeing the vantage from the snipers point of view the perp may have been mostly concealed by the roof apex until he poked his head over. The gun may have been hidden from view even longer until he aimed and fired over the top of the roof apex.

My armchair analysis

Just heard about this on late night live- repeat from last night.

J.D (I am not an Islamaphobe) Vance pissing off US allies just after being named trumps VP. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/16/trump-running-mate-jd-vance-uk-first-islamist-country-nuclear-weapon

" the UK could become the first truly Islamist country that will get a nuclear weapon "

The idiots are really taking over.

Like seriously, these #$#$s are imbeciles.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2