US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think you greatly underestimate the iadequacy of local law enforcement and thd inefficiency and clusterfuckedness of inter agency communication in rhd US

its kind of fascinating. Why complicate the situation with all this conspiracy crap? who does that serve? 

I guess a sad kid with poor aim and a confused police force doesn't help some kind of narrative push. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So now the picture is fake?  Is that what you're running with?  

Probably not fake Petey but more likely used by the team to access the roof after the sniper shot and killed the shooter. Pretty doubtful it was there for the first cop that confronted him otherwise they would have used it themselves.

The local cop, hoisted up by a fellow officer, was hanging off the edge of the roof when he was spotted by Crooks, who pointed his AR-style semi-automatic assault rifle at him. 

“Right now, (the shooter is) training on the president. These guys breach the roof,” the sheriff said of the two cops. “So he turns around and potentially eliminates that threat.

“The officer is like ‘I’m dead or I drop. I drop.’ He turns back around,” he said of the shooter.

The cop ducked his head, lost his grip and fell eight feet to the ground, Butler Township Manager Tom Knights told NBC News Tuesday.

I see alot of people responding to @Elias Pettersson saying that this was outside the USSS perimeter - essentially out of their responsibility & therefore this can all just be chalked up to an incompetent police force - and that's not correct.

The USSS does a walkthrough before hand & it is on them to determine the clear threats, how big the USSS 'perimeter' needs to be (their guys), and co-ordinate with the those security services involved beyond. So this is entirely on them as the head of the USSS admitted herself.

All analysis I've seen from elite snipers who have experience in these situations is that this was an extraordinarily obvious area to be covered by the USSS (not that it even takes someone of their expertise to notice this), and the explanation that its just too dangerous a slope doesn't pass the smell test for a split second.

If were to accept the lone wolf explanation at face value, then this is at best criminal negligence & the fact she didn't resign the next day is preposterous.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Wow, Trump campaign is already saying that Biden is out.  Are the Democrats actually gonna run with Kamala as the Presidential nominee?  My guess is there will be a battle at the convention and Hillary Clinton will show up.  Michelle Obama is also in the mix...

trump3.jpg

Edited by Elias Pettersson

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I see alot of people responding to @Elias Pettersson saying that this was outside the USSS perimeter - essentially out of their responsibility & therefore this can all just be chalked up to an incompetent police force - and that's not correct.

The USSS does a walkthrough before hand & it is on them to determine the clear threats, how big the USSS 'perimeter' needs to be (their guys), and co-ordinate with the those security services involved beyond. So this is entirely on them as the head of the USSS admitted herself.

All analysis I've seen from elite snipers who have experience in these situations is that this was an extraordinarily obvious area to be covered by the USSS (not that it even takes someone of their expertise to notice this), and the explanation that its just too dangerous a slope doesn't pass the smell test for a split second.

If were to accept the lone wolf explanation at face value, then this is at best criminal negligence & the fact she didn't resign the next day is preposterous.

We keep bringing up the perimeter cause Pettey there keep on bringing up metal detectors. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The overall umbrella is the USSS, but it is an interagency collaboration, broken up into zones, as far as I've read.  The USSS' main areas of coverage are in tight and long range snipers, while the local police generally cover the mid-range areas.

However, as pointed out, the USSS is the agency at the top and thus, shoulder the blame.

I'm also wondering how much protection a former president gets from the USSS, even as they hold rallies........he's still a private citizen after all

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow, Trump is already saying that Biden is out.  Are the Democrats actually gonna run with Kamala as the Presidential nominee?  My guess is there will be a battle at the convention and Hillary Clinton will show up.  Michelle Obama is also in the mix...

Kamala Harris is a hella smart cookie with a shit ton of experience.......deputy DA, Asst DA, District Attorney, Attorney General, Senator , VP.

She was a tough on crime lawyer, but has also campaigned against trying juveniles in federal court.  

She doesn't poll super great, but she's also been working quietly in the background under Biden.  I think you get her in a debate against DT and she absolutely rips him apart

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No one is saying this is not an extremely odd and questionable situation.   We just question some of the answers people are coming up with.

There likely has been professional negligence.  If so, the criminality of the negligence will be up to a judge to decide.  The court of public opinion has no real jurisdiction.

When have you ever seen a public official immediately resign?   They seem to hang on until the last possible moment.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

We keep bringing up the perimeter cause Pettey there keep on bringing up metal detectors. 

Thats fine, metal detectors are more likely going to be for people coming into the bleachers. So I agree its unlikely this kid would've been in an area to go through one.

That said it doesn't mean this can just be chalked up to the local incompetent police force.

The idea the most obvious sniper nest in the area - which everyone agrees was clearly a dangerous enough threat to be within the USSS range - was left alone because the roof was... too sloped...for an elite sniper team that already had guys on more sloped buildings????

Its more believable that this was an intentional oversight than a 'safety concern' (which I guess could also mean intentional oversight in this context). 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

The overall umbrella is the USSS, but it is an interagency collaboration, broken up into zones, as far as I've read.  The USSS' main areas of coverage are in tight and long range snipers, while the local police generally cover the mid-range areas.

However, as pointed out, the USSS is the agency at the top and thus, shoulder the blame.

I'm also wondering how much protection a former president gets from the USSS, even as they hold rallies........he's still a private citizen after all

This is one of the most interesting things that has come out, apparently in the wake (though we didn't know it at the time) of a supposed Iranian plot to assassinate Trump, his protection was actually increased.

Which is insane cause you wouldn't guess that judging by this incident, or else maybe he had next to nothing before.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its more believable that this was an intentional oversight than a 'safety concern' (which I guess could also mean intentional oversight in this context). 

whose "intent"? 

an individual usss member, who saw someone with a gun and said, meh lets see some anarchy? or? 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thats fine, metal detectors are more likely going to be for people coming into the bleachers. So I agree its unlikely this kid would've been in an area to go through one.

That said it doesn't mean this can just be chalked up to the local incompetent police force.

The idea the most obvious sniper nest in the area - which everyone agrees was clearly a dangerous enough threat to be within the USSS range - was left alone because the roof was... too sloped...for an elite sniper team that already had guys on more sloped buildings????

No one saying usss is off the hook cause it is not in their 'perimeter'. 

Why is it intentional oversight? Whose and what intent? Why is it so hard to accept that these agencies some times are just plain old incompetent and have oversight? 

Does it make you feel safe thinking this have to be intentional and that these people cannot make mistakes?

Just now, 24K said:

Does it make you feel safe thinking this have to be intentional and that these people cannot make mistakes?

I think this might hit it on the head, for some folks. 

There also seems to be a bit of a fantasy over the level of skill in US law enforcement, or even with the best people possible, that mistakes can't happen.

I think most of the folks pushing this tho are desperate to find some kind of "theory" that puts this on the left somehow. 

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow, Trump campaign is already saying that Biden is out.  Are the Democrats actually gonna run with Kamala as the Presidential nominee?  My guess is there will be a battle at the convention and Hillary Clinton will show up.  Michelle Obama is also in the mix...

trump3.jpg

I'd wait for a more reliable source than the neo-Nazi party of the USA.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Kamala Harris is a hella smart cookie with a shit ton of experience.......deputy DA, Asst DA, District Attorney, Attorney General, Senator , VP.

She was a tough on crime lawyer, but has also campaigned against trying juveniles in federal court.  

She doesn't poll super great, but she's also been working quietly in the background under Biden.  I think you get her in a debate against DT and she absolutely rips him apart

Kamala didn't even make it to the 2020 Democratic primaries and did worse than Cory Booker.  Even Tulsi Gabbard was able to make it to the primaries. 

So what makes you think Kamala can win a general election?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think most of the folks pushing this tho are desperate to find some kind of "theory" that puts this on the left somehow. 

This, because everything is a conspiracy against the right, dating back to November 2020 - from the Trump assertion (accepted as undeniable fact by them) that he never lost the election, it was stolen from him by the conspiratorial left.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think this might hit it on the head, for some folks. 

There also seems to be a bit of a fantasy over the level of skill in US law enforcement, or even with the best people possible, that mistakes can't happen.

JFK was a Democrat.  They killed him too...

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

you could go to Tim's but they are Wendy's now, hate to break it to you: https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/wendy-s-co/totals?id=D000000802

This is a neat website that tracks political donations. 

I dont like Tim's, at all.

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kamala didn't even make it to the 2020 Democratic primaries and did worse than Cory Booker.  Even Tulsi Gabbard was able to make it to the primaries. 

So what makes you think Kamala can win a general election?

VP