US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

58 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont like Tim's, at all.

its weird, its only drinkable for the first 30 seconds and once it gets even slightly cold its gross. 

Home brew is the best imo. A quality whole bean, a decent burr grinder and a French press and you can make awesome coffee. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

No one is saying this is not an extremely odd and questionable situation.   We just question some of the answers people are coming up with.

There likely has been professional negligence.  If so, the criminality of the negligence will be up to a judge to decide.  The court of public opinion has no real jurisdiction.

When have you ever seen a public official immediately resign?   They seem to hang on until the last possible moment.

In all honesty to everyone here. Do you all believe we will actually EVER hear the truth out of this incident?

Wag the Dog, we’re gonna get sold a spin story. 

For everyone leaning on the incompetence side you’re putting too much trust in the system.

For everyone leaning on the intentional/set up side of things, you’re putting too much trust as well.

We will probably only hear a sliver of the truth and then maybe 20 years down the road when they unlock those secrets to the public a clearer picture will appear 

I’m sure some kind of story will come out to try and satisfy the masses. But both sides (left and right) will most likely never be satisfied with the findings.

If you say I’m crazy…just look at the election coming up…how can a man convicted of all sorts of shitty things run as president!? 

It just makes my head spin that this is our political reality…

That being said, I really appreciate everyones ideas on here. Left and Right. If we want to get back to being decent human beings to eachother it starts with peaceful communication.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

In all honesty to everyone here. Do you all believe we will actually EVER hear the truth out of this incident?

Wag the Dog, we’re gonna get sold a spin story. 

For everyone leaning on the incompetence side you’re putting too much trust in the system.

For everyone leaning on the intentional/set up side of things, you’re putting too much trust as well.

We will probably only hear a sliver of the truth and then maybe 20 years down the road when they unlock those secrets to the public a clearer picture will appear 

I’m sure some kind of story will come out to try and satisfy the masses. But both sides (left and right) will most likely never be satisfied with the findings.

If you say I’m crazy…just look at the election coming up…how can a man convicted of all sorts of shitty things run as president!? 

It just makes my head spin that this is our political reality…

That being said, I really appreciate everyones ideas on here. Left and Right. If we want to get back to being decent human beings to eachother it starts with peaceful communication.

What would the conspiracy side have, is my argument?  Do some faction groom a 20 year old loner to be a patsy.  The only theory in that context would be as a false flag operation by MAGA

I trust the system to be incompetent a fair share of the time and less than perfect all the time.   We'll have to wait and see how much truth we get out of all this.

And yes, let's continue the communication or what they call civil discourse.  I like the civility part though I can lapse into being less civil.  

• Cheers 1

US politics - "Schumer forcefully made case it would be better for Biden ... to bow out."

• US media, ABC News, reporting

During Schumer's one-on-one meeting with Biden on Saturday, "Schumer forcefully made the case that it would be better for Biden, better for the Democratic party, and better for the country if he were to bow out."

How much longer does this charade go on? Biden is under pressure from all over to step aside. The clock is ticking.

--

Schumer is the senior United States senator from New York & Senate Majority Leader

Schumer

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

What would the conspiracy side have, is my argument?  Do some faction groom a 20 year old loner to be a patsy.  The only theory in that context would be as a false flag operation by MAGA

Something triggered the kid

Look at how many kids were getting brainwashed by that Putin/Russia stuff at the beginning of the war in Ukrain

False information and a sense to belong to something bigger than yourself can be appealing to kids that are sheltered and lacking confidence.

I am not saying it’s what happened 

But to say a young kid couldn’t be radicalized thru the internet is also doubly as ignorant.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Something triggered the kid

Look at how many kids were getting brainwashed by that Putin/Russia stuff at the beginning of the war in Ukrain

False information and a sense to belong to something bigger than yourself can be appealing to kids that are sheltered and lacking confidence.

I am not saying it’s what happened 

But to say a young kid couldn’t be radicalized thru the internet is also doubly as ignorant.

Why do so many kids like him do the same thing?  Bullied, ignored, insignificant, wanting to end their lives but can't do it themselves.

They get posthumous fame and the suicide they crave, without having to do it themselves 

• Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why do so many kids like him do the same thing?  Bullied, ignored, insignificant, wanting to end their lives but can't do it themselves.

They get posthumous fame and the suicide they crave, without having to do it themselves 

Its a very good question Stawns

Its one that needs to be solved that’s for sure

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

We have women as assistant coaches in the NFL, NBA, and now the NHL this year.  The Canucks even have two women as AGMs.

I'd love to see those complaining women can't do physical jobs go a few rounds with a female MMA fighter.

I would pay money to see anyone on this forum go a few rounds with my Avatar. 

She would belt them around the ring.

Her name is Stephanie Lee Cutting, one of my oldest friends daughter.

She is fighting for a world title in October.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I’m sure this is just another coincidence. I mean it’s totally normal for a company to short $360 million worth of Trump stock on a Friday. 

The reason you short a stock is because you think the price is going to go down. What could have happened Saturday night to make Trump’s stock tank on the Monday?   🤔

FYI, Austin Private Wealth LLC is a fee only financial advisory company. They don’t do discretionary management. Which means one of their clients ordered this trade. Who was the client?  🤔

Another FYI. This is the largest short position ever for Trump’s stock. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m sure this is just another coincidence. I mean it’s totally normal for a company to short $360 million worth of Trump stock on a Friday. 

The reason you short a stock is because you think the price is going to go down. What could have happened Saturday night to make Trump’s stock tank on the Monday?   🤔

FYI, Austin Private Wealth LLC is a fee only financial advisory company. They don’t do discretionary management. Which means one of their clients ordered this trade. Who was the client?  🤔

It was Joe Rogan :frantic:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't know, maybe cause it is a shit company with atrocious fundentals with earnings coming out in a week or so?