US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

So if Kamala replaces him, who do you think they pick for VP? Or do you think they pick someone else to replace JB? I am not sure if Harris can beat Trump.

They were coalescing around Harris a couple weeks ago.  Honestly, I have no clue who they'll choose as VP for her if she is their nominee.

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

So if Kamala replaces him, who do you think they pick for VP? Or do you think they pick someone else to replace JB? I am not sure if Harris can beat Trump.

They kind of have to go with Harris this late in the game. Dem gonna lose a shit tone of the people of color vote if they replace Biden with Newsome without an actual primary. 

I say they pick Buttigig or maybe Raskin for VP. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

They kind of have to go with Harris this late in the game. Dem gonna lose a shit tone of the people of color vote if they replace Biden with Newsome without an actual primary. 

I say they pick Buttigig or maybe Raskin for VP. 

It’s going to be Kamala, maybe Mark Kelly as VP. In order to replace her Dems would have to get Michelle Obama but she is not running.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

It’s going to be Kamala, maybe Mark Kelly as VP. In order to replace her Dems would have to get Michelle Obama but she is not running.

Good pick. Mark Kelly would really help with Arizona.

30 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I also remember when the left was lionizing her when she died.  I was like, "Morons, she just guaranteed that her replacement will be her political opposite".  She just kicked you in the nards because she refused to give up her power until the Grim Reaper forced her to.

A bit more ego to that choice. She wanted Hillary to be the first woman president to pick her successor.

Biden I think genuinely believes he's the best bet against Trump.

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They were coalescing around Harris a couple weeks ago.  Honestly, I have no clue who they'll choose as VP for her if she is their nominee.

What about that astronaut from Arizona?

5 minutes ago, DSVII said:

A bit more ego to that choice. She wanted Hillary to be the first woman president to pick her successor.

A bit off track on this but :

The age of political candidates and those in office is really a genuine issue world wide .

I understand that the length of a “career “ in politics sometimes helps with relationships inside a country, and outside with other nations .

But if Biden actually faced That issue and said that changes need to be made in politics and Law where a mandatory age of 68 -70 yrs would require retirement at the end of persons term in office, state, or Courts ,     And he would endorse that if elected President.

He might capture the attention of all voters.

Let him have the next  4 years ,.
 And after his last stand in politics, as POTUS,

implement this requirement, as the first true  reform in Politics and Government in Democracy.

Those in retirement, who have served well can always be consulted if necessary.

11 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Biden likes being president and doesn't want to give it up.  All politicians are enamored with the power and ego inflation that comes with being top dog.

Biden was a senator for decades.  I heard a saying about 20 years ago that I never forgot; /quote "There are 435 Representatives that believe they should be Senators, and 100 Senators that believe that they should be president." /unquote

Now add Biden's decades of being a senator dreaming about being president to another 8 years of being only one step away.  It took almost 50 years of waiting for his dream to come true and he doesn't want to just give it up because the people in his party are telling him to.  That's why I'm concerned that the members of his party may eventually start taking cheap shots at his wife if he ends up fighting tooth and nail to hold onto his dream job that he waited decades to finally get.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Totally not a cult

That's exactly why I think if the Dems play it right and Biden drops out, they can beat Trump.  This is just going to really shine a light on just how crazy these people are.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

People at that age should be careful.

Trump at 74 yo, when he was a spring chicken:

Funny thing about Trump going down the ramp: He wears lifts in his shoes which force his centre of gravity forward. When he is going down an incline, he's way out ahead of his skis and in danger of falling. He'd have little trouble going up a ramp, though.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I could see them going with two women on the ticket, her and Whitmer

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Interesting... I honestly can't say if I think that would hurt or help the dems chances.

She's very popular in Michigan, obviously, and that's a key battleground state.  Id vet she'd be popular in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania as well.   More importantly, she's a seasoned politician and highly experienced government official 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And people get angry at me when I call this out. These Nazi pieces of shit aren't even trying to hide who they are anymore.

Why would we want millions of illegal immigrants our country? 

• Desmenko 1